Muppets officially coming to Liberty Square

I'm surprised so many are in favor of this considering how often people get upset at changes similar to this. That said, I really like it, especially with the concept being they are going to discuss historical events in muppet ways.

I think that perhaps it's easier because we're not really losing anything - they're not replacing an existing attraction. When the show is not on, I imagine the area will look almost exactly as it does now. I think that makes it easier to swallow. You're absolutely right though - it's usually a safe bet that there will be some vehement opposition to pretty much any changes made.

I know it sounds crazy, but I always wanted to see Fozzie the Bear just lose it and kill Statler and Waldorf. They kinda deserve it though, they are always heckling him.

I know it sounds crazy, but I always wanted to see Fozzie the Bear just lose it and kill Statler and Waldorf. They kinda deserve it though, they are always heckling him.

I heard a story ... Statler & Waldorf are based on the professor at U. of Maryland who refused to allow Jim Henson to enroll in the drama department as a puppeteer. So Henson took a Home Economics major instead, figuring that at least the sewing skills would help him to make puppets.

The same professor also told Goldie Hawn, "You'll never succeed in show business."

I heard a story ... Statler & Waldorf are based on the professor at U. of Maryland who refused to allow Jim Henson to enroll in the drama department as a puppeteer. So Henson took a Home Economics major instead, figuring that at least the sewing skills would help him to make puppets.

The same professor also told Goldie Hawn, "You'll never succeed in show business."

That's cool, I've never that story before.

Luckily Jim and Goldie didn't care what the old bumhole had to say about their future. Their success' were a nice big one finger salute to the old coot.

I'm surprised so many are in favor of this considering how often people get upset at changes similar to this. That said, I really like it, especially with the concept being they are going to discuss historical events in muppet ways.

It's called board fatigue. At this point I expected everything Disney does to be hated on this board and the main one. The 3-4 usual negative Nancys have not posted in this thread so either they have nothing bad to say or haven't seen it.

i wonder when the hall of president's update will start. am sure they have at least started building the inner workings of the new animatronic, just have to wait till november to see who the outside will be as well as record the voice. at least obama will find a nice spot with the others

"Yeah. Too bad they're gonna spoil it with a pig." - Statler

Love the muppets. But also so grateful and relieved that someone at WDW didn't decide to close or replace something else - like Hall of Presidents - to offer this. That's reason enough for me to celebrate. And did I mention I love the muppets? Definitely will be checking this out in Dec.

:thanks:

I'm excited to be able to see this on my next trip. I love the Muppets and this new show sounds like it will be hilarious. I can't wait to see some reviews in the coming months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter