• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must Do's for 2 day trip to DLP

uromac

DIS Veteran
Hi!

My daughter is in studying in London now and we are going over to see her from the US. As we're big Disney fans (2 adults & 2 adult kids), we have decided to take a spur of the moment quick 2-day trip to Disneyland Paris with an overnight stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We are taking Eurostar getting in at 1pm and then planning to leave the next evening for the city of Paris.

So what are the must do's at Disneyland Paris - what are the must do's for that period of time considering we have been to WDW so many times we've lost count!

Dining recommendations, rides, must see's and do,etc...How are the Disney tours of Paris compared to doing it on our own? Also, is the shopping outlet there worth the visit, or are the prices better in the US?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before - but we really appreciate you imput!!

Have a magical day!! :)

As an expat living in Europe with several trips to DLP already my biggest suggestion is don't go expecting WDW or DL. It is Europe, guest services are different, people are different, and Disney is different.

There are wonderful things about DLP, like the castle and the grotto. Make sure to visit the grotto! Go up into the castle and see the stain glass. In many Churches in Europe the stain glass windows tell the history and story. So it also applies at DLP.

Slow dow at DLP. It isn't like WDW with 4 parks, and so much to do. There are fastpasses and at times you will need them. But slow down, look around and see the cute things that DLP well.

The haunted mansion here has a great graveyard. Pirates is the best!

Have a wonderful trip and hope this helps.

Make sure you see Dreams, it is a show that's unique to DLP and happens at park closing. Its a light show with projections on to the castle, and music - my description doesn't do it justice but it's spectacular!

Thanks so much for responding - I really appreciate it. We are really looking forward to seeing this park , and I will slow down - although it will be hard because we'll want to see and do everything in such a short time! We are also really looking forward to the evening fireworks "Dream" display!!!

Any different dining experiences or reservations we must make?

Also, I know this might seem funny - but how do people dress in the parks? I don't want to seem out of place - we are going next week - so do people wear just jeans and comfortable shoes not sneakers, do they wear disney shirts like they do at WDW? Or is it more "toned down", and people just wear 'normal' clothes?

Thanks again for all your help!! :)

As for dinning reservations, it really depends on your budget and if you are interested in meeting characters.... Walt's restaurant is supposed to be lovely (although I've never been) but is quite expensive. There's not really any particular restaurant i would personally consider a must do, although if Hakuna matata (a counter service) is open I would definitely recommend the chicken strips!! :)
In my experience, people dress comfortably, bit I doubt you would feel out of place in a disney Tshirt

Hope that helps!!

I don't know if you've already heard of it, but i found dlrpmagic.com really useful for planning my first trip, in particular the menus were handy as I could look through them all and decide where we would best like to eat :)

We use to be all dressed in Disney matching as a family. We got weird stares. Just dress as you normally do and wear sensible shoes. The weather can be a bit wet and chilly. Bring proper rain wear.

I like Inventions for the characters but it is expensive. I also like Walt's. They have an Earl of Sandwich which is very good food at a good price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter