Must do's for boys

taraaplin

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any suggestions on what some of the "must do's" for boys are. We have three 10, 7, and will have turned 2 day before trip! We booked pirate league (different appointments :headache: because they were booked and we got the last two left). That is all we have that is extra and geared for boys.

Pirates and Pals Voyage maybe? I haven't done it before, but have it planned for this upcoming trip with my DS5.

Pirates League was fun, we did that last year. I just wanted to mention that you may want to try added your 3rd son as a walkup when you go with the other 2, you may luck out. When we went, my son was getting pretty burnt out and we knew we weren't going to last until his late afternoon appointment. I was able to walk up after lunch and get it moved to earlier. You never know, you may luck out!

If they are into Star Wars, Jedi Training is fun. However you will need to get to the park early to sign up for that and the baby would not be old enough to participate yet.

I am sure they will be happy just being there. My boys are! :)
Have fun!

For my DS8 we do Jedi Training always, have done Pirates leaque once(last September - he loved it) and Pirates and Pals.

For each park our must do for boys are:

MK
Buzz
Tomorrow Land Speedway
Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial
Pirates of the Carribean

DHS
Indian Jones
Lights Motors action stunt show
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours

EPCOT
Agent P's worl Show Case adventure

Obviously we do tons more when we are at the parks but these are some of my DS's favorites.

My boys loved Disney Quest at DTD. I wasn't too fond of it but it was great when it was raining or when we needed to escape the heat.
They also loved the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon.
Don't miss Monster's Inc Laugh Floor-great humor for young boys.

HS
Jedi Training Academy
Stunt show

MK
SOTMK...the boys wanted to hit MK every day to pick up more free cards.

Meal...Hoop De Doo was a blast with boys that age.

pirate:Disney Pirate Cruisespirate:

Disney's Pirate Adventure

Aspiring buccaneers between the ages of 4 and 12 board a pirate-themed boat and scour the waterways around Walt Disney World Resort in search of pirate treasure during a swashbuckling high-seas adventure.

On this guided expedition, each participant enjoys a light snack and beverage, learns how to talk like a pirate, visits legendary ports-of-call, andif he or she is luckyreturns with a bag of pirate booty! Disney's Pirate Adventure is a 2-hour sailing voyage that takes place each day at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Additional information and reservations may be made up to 180 days in advance by calling the Walt Disney World Recreation Department at 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529). Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Link here

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/piratecruise.htm

OR

***Cane Pole Fishing***

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside from 7:00am - 3:00pm

Family plan for up to 6 guests: $13.32 per 30 minutes
Per person up to 30 minutes: $4.02
Pole, bait and dock time included
Last poles out at 2:30pm

Disney Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground from 9:00am - 5:00pm

All day casting rod: $9.52
30 minute cane pole: $4.00
30 minute casting pole: $5.50
All day cane pole: $8.86
Worms & Wigglers: $3.68
Night crawlers: $3.89

Call the Resort Recreation Reservation Center at (407) WDW-BASS (407-939-2277) for exact equipment rental times and additional information

OR

~~~~Horseback Riding ,Stable tours and Carriage Rides~~~

Enjoy wholesome family fun at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground with 45-minute guided trail rides on horseback or carriage through the scenic natural woodlands of Central Florida.

Horse lovers can choose from an exciting array of outdoor activities at Tri-Circle-D Ranch. Home to Cinderella's Ponies and the majestic horses seen in Magic Kingdom Park, the ranch is conveniently located at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Stable Tours

Take the little ones to the ranch for a stroll through the stables and an up-close experience with these gentle steeds.

Horseback Riding and Carriage Rides

Enjoy wholesome family fun with a 45-minute guided trail rideon horseback or by carriagethrough the scenic natural woodlands of Central Florida.

Holiday Sleigh Rides

Get in the holiday spirit with an enchanting, horse-drawn sleigh ride. Offered nightly in December, this 25-minute ride takes you through the secluded natural beauty surrounding Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Call For Reservations and Information

For more information, please call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529 .

OR

Not sure if it's going on when you are there but
Mickey's Backyard BBQ is fun for boys.
link to info here

http://allears.net/menu/menu_bbq.htm

OR

Miniature Golfing

Miniature golf at Walt Disney World Resort includes Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course inspired by Walt Disney's Fantasia, and Disney's Santa Claus-themed Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courseboth offering 36 holes of fun for Guests of all ages.

Both courses are open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course
Located within the Epcot Resort Area, Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course is a miniature golf course consisting of 2 courses: Fantasia Gardens and Fantasia Fairways. Although subject to change, prices are $12.00 USD per 18-hole round for adults, and $10.00 USD for children 3 to 9 years of age.

Fantasia Gardens: Inspired by Walt Disney's classic animated movie Fantasia, Fantasia Gardens includes many characters from the film including hippos that dance and broomsticks that march in some of the film's most memorable scenes. Several holes include dazzling water effects and some even reward good shots with musical tones.
Fantasia Fairways: Located adjacent to Disney's Fantasia Gardens is the 18hole Fantasia Fairways course, which resembles a traditional golf course but on a miniature scale. With a heavier emphasis on skill rather than chance, Fantasia Fairways features a dramatic backdrop of Disney's Hollywood Studios Tower of Terror and the grand Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort.

Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course
Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course is a miniature, elfsized golf course consisting of 2 Santa Clausthemed courses: the Snow Course and the Sand Course. Although subject to change, prices are $12.00 USD per 18hole round for adults, and $10.00 USD for children 3 to 9 years of age.

Link to info here
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/miniature-golf/

Hugs Mel

My boys are 8 and 6 and this is the third year in a row we are going. Their favorite park has been HS. They love TSM, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Lights Motor Action, Star Tours, Jedi Training (it was a highlight of our trip last year...especially for DH and me), meeting Phineas and Ferb, and Fantasmic (they love the villains).

This year DS8 is really looking forward to the Agent P's World Showcase Adventure in EP.

When you need a break from walking and lines at MK do Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor....your kids will love it and it is a nice break. We discovered it last spring break after passing it by several trips. Then we went 4 times in the week we were there. Fun.

My son did Jedi Training in January for the first time and he loved it. Get there at rope drop and send one parent with boys to sign up and the other with tickets to get TSM fast passes.

The Honey I shrunk the Kids movie set at DHS is also a favorite and a nice break from lines.

My kids love Disney and the parks but don't neglect that for many kids the best part is the resort pool.....schedule some pool time.

My son (now 6) loves the 2 hr fishing excursion....and so do I and DH. The first time he went he was almost 3 and enjoyed it. e have been twic since and have another planned for out trip in August.

You have your own boat with all the gear, a captain and a cooler for drinks. The captian will help you with everything - baiting, reeling in, etc. It's catch and release and all the times we went we caught alot of bass. It's fun for my son as he catches quite a few fish and often enough to keep him interested and having fun.

We take it from YC (there are other locations such as GF, OKW, etc.) We have taken the 10am and have gotten many fish. There's a 7am, but too early. We have breakfast at Cape May around 8:30is and then head to YC for fishing and when we get back it's a hop skip and jump to EPCOT or DHS,

We've fished in World Showcase, in front of DHS and by the YC & BC resorts. Our captain has been Rick all times (we requested him for our next trip) and it's great. I fish a bit, but mostley enjoy watching DH and DH and enjoy the relaxation ad view on the boat.

It's about $270 and we tip the capatain, But the Brbaum book usually has a 20%off coupon which helps. I highly recommend it.

We did Pirates and Pals and it was OK...DS enjoys fishing more. He also likes mini golf - we did Fantasia. Plus we plan on trying out the new bowling alley in DTD.

My boys (7 and 8) loved the new test track. They loved designing their own cars, then seeing what their score was at the end of the ride. They wanted to go on again and again to try to improve their scores.

My son is 12. I asked him his favorite things to do in each park:
MK - BTMRR, Splash, HM, Space, eating popcorn, watching MSEP, looking at everything on Main Street.
Epcot - World Showcase, Test Track, the food
Hollywood Studios- RnRC and ToT, Starring Rolls cafe for cupcakes
AK- rides, the Tree of Life (just looking at the carvings), and KS
DTD- Disneyquest, the stores, Raglan Road

There you go. Straight from a 12 year old boy. He also wanted to add this - :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter