Must-have Healthy Options!

keahgirl8

DIS Veteran
I know I’ve seen threads on healthy options in the parks and resorts, but is there anything you healthy eaters just love having every time? I’m trying to find things that are unique and/or really good must-haves.

The very best is at Satuli Canteen! And it looks like Caribbean Beach is adding some similar healthy bowls at their QS place.

Must.have.crab corn chowder from HB when in season.
Gotta have the Cobb salad year round:).

Well, when you say "you healthy eaters", you are definitely not talking to me. :rotfl: But I highly recommend a dinner at Bluezoo or Flying Fish - plenty to indulge in at both as well but I always feel better/lighter after having fish vs. other proteins or pasta etc. At Boathouse in Disney Springs, I highly recommend the tuna poke - another light, healthy, delicious dish. Tangierine Cafe in Epcot (Morocco pavilion - quick service) has some great healthier options as well. I haven't tried Satuli Canteen yet but can't wait to.

Well, when you say "you healthy eaters", you are definitely not talking to me. :rotfl: But I highly recommend a dinner at Bluezoo or Flying Fish - plenty to indulge in at both as well but I always feel better/lighter after having fish vs. other proteins or pasta etc. At Boathouse in Disney Springs, I highly recommend the tuna poke - another light, healthy, delicious dish. Tangierine Cafe in Epcot (Morocco pavilion - quick service) has some great healthier options as well. I haven't tried Satuli Canteen yet but can't wait to.

Thanks! I haven’t tried any of those. The reason I said that way is that I knew that people who eat healthy regularly would likely have options other than a salad or a chicken breast. I know the healthy options at Disney parks are getting better all the time, so I don’t want to just settle.

I'm here now and on the hunt for healthy options too. I loved the satulii canteen! Really filling and (hopefully) not that bad for you. I also had some lettuce wraps at pecos bills which were OK and had scallops and polenta at olivias cafe at Old key west yesterday and shrimp and grits at homecoming this evening, both of which I'm pretending are healthy however I'm sure they're both secretly full of cream and cheese...
We've done a bit of nosing around some other resorts today and I had a good vegetarian pita at roaring forks at the wilderness resort which has hummus and some salad veg in a wholegrain pita. Another one I saw yesterday but haven't personally tried is fairfax fare at Hollywood studios. I'm pretty sure I saw rice bowls on the menu there. We're back at the studios next week so I'll report back if I try them!

The half-roasted chicken at the flame is healthy, baked beans aren't bad for you either and neither is the cole slaw, it's not very mayonnaisey.

I'll be honest and say that it's been a struggle to find healthy options. We are frequent visitors and I'm actively losing weight so I am always on the hunt.

I look specifically for lower calorie so things like rice and beans are not usually my go-to, though not "unhealthy" per say. A couple of places have bowls with rice and beans as the base if you're willing to eat those (Pecos Bills & Fairfax Fair both have them).

Some favorites:

- Satu'li with the salad base, chicken, and sauce on the side is a good choice.
- Flametree roasted chicken, with no skin, is a decent option though I wish the sides were better. I would NOT recommend the salad there - it was one of the most disgusting things I've been served. I ate the chicken off it and the rest went straight to the trash.
- House of Blues has a fantastic salad I enjoyed for dinner this week - it was the southern salad and I added smoked chicken and ordered the dressing on the side. It's the best salad I've had on property so far!
- Skippers Canteen has a really delicious vegetable curry that is dairy free; most curries, if they don't use heavy cream, are decently healthy and it was full of really tasty vegetables (not just the cheap pepper and onions mix). I didn't even need the rice it came with!
- Gaston's has several good snack options like veggies/dip, hummus/pretzel chips, apples/caramel, fruit/cheese. IME they are prepackaged snacks but have been better options than a box of popcorn for me. Though popcorn is tastier... ;) Upside is they have air conditioned seating!
- CHH has a salmon plate with veggies and couscous. I have them double the veggies. Is it the best salmon ever? Nah, but it does the trick!
- GREAT options at Tangierine Cafe in Morroco

Salads are fairly easy to find but sometimes, Caesar is the only option. I love a Caesar salad but the dressing is killer!

Hopefully more people will have recommendations as I'm always on the hunt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter