• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP - Is it Worth It For Us?

CarolinaGuy21

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend and I will be visiting Disney December 15th-December 20th. We've never been this time of year but my girlfriend is dying to see the Christmas decorations. We were at Disney in late July this year but know the crowds are much worse this time of year so we are trying to plan accordingly.

My question is, is MVMCP worth it for us? We were thinking about going to the party on December 17th. We will not be doing any of ththe character meet and greats and we are not really big on the parades either. We will probably watch some of the parades just to see the chrisrmas festivities but it will not be a priority.

The main reason we are considering going is they 1) we heard the ride wait times are drastically lower once about 9 pm hire and 2) my girlfriend wants to see l the Christmas lights and decorations in all their glory at night and I figured this would be the best time to do this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Personally if you only are there for the rides...no its not worth it. We went 2 years ago just my husband and I, I got photos with Santa Goofy, watched the later parade, it snowed on main street (bubbles of course) but we probably only did 1 ride the whole party. You can see the decor on a non party night too which would save you money in the long run.

we heard the ride wait times are drastically lower once about 9 pm hire and 2) my girlfriend wants to see l the Christmas lights and decorations in all their glory at night

Ride times ARE lower, but I don't know that I would use the word drastically. If you're riding during parades and fireworks, yes, even the headliners will be about 10 min or less.

You can see the lights and decorations on a non-party night, but it WILL be very crowded. Parties are also still crowded, but a non-party night is at least 50% more crowded, if not much more than that. So if having fewer people "in your way" is valuable to you, then the party ticket might be worth it.

Christmas is my favorite holiday by far, so I think it is - the wait times ARE lower, and I don't do any of the main party events except for the later parade and fireworks (but I don't try and wait for a spot, we just kind of watch them from wherever is convenient with a semi-decent view.) I'm more than happy to pay a premium to get more time to look at Christmas decorations, eat a couple of Christmas nibbles, stroll around in a less crowded park, take pictures, and just enjoy being in MK during Christmas!

If the party would be your only opportunity to visit MK at night then yes, I think it's worth it. As above poster mentioned, the ride waits are most definitely shorter. Last year we walked onto Buzz Lightyear, POTC, Haunted Mansion, and a few others with zero wait. We also rode Space Mountain several times with 10 min or so wait. The general atmosphere is so much more festive on a party night than on regular nights. People are decked out in holiday gear, snow on Main St., all the holiday entertainment, cookie and hot cocoa stations....it's a really fun experience. The fireworks display is absolutely amazing (and we aren't normally big on fireworks)!

if you use it to give yourself an extra day at MK on a short trip it is worth it. If you have 7 day tickets or something, probably not.

Thank you for all the responses. I think we are going to go and just soak up the general feel of the magic kingdom at night during Christmas. We may not be doing this again for a while so I think we might as well pay the extra money to get the full experience

Thanks for posting this CarolinaGuy21. I just searched "Is MVMCP worth it?" and this thread came right up. DH, DS15 and DS8 and I are going the exact same dates and also looking at 12/17 party night. I can easily lapse into "little kid" mode with my 8yo, but my teenager and husband are wondering if this is really geared toward the younger WDW crowd and if they'll have a good time. Any opinions?

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Disney December 15th-December 20th. We've never been this time of year but my girlfriend is dying to see the Christmas decorations. We were at Disney in late July this year but know the crowds are much worse this time of year so we are trying to plan accordingly.

My question is, is MVMCP worth it for us? We were thinking about going to the party on December 17th. We will not be doing any of ththe character meet and greats and we are not really big on the parades either. We will probably watch some of the parades just to see the chrisrmas festivities but it will not be a priority.

The main reason we are considering going is they 1) we heard the ride wait times are drastically lower once about 9 pm hire and 2) my girlfriend wants to see l the Christmas lights and decorations in all their glory at night and I figured this would be the best time to do this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Given your reasons. No. Don't do the party.

Thanks for posting this CarolinaGuy21. I just searched "Is MVMCP worth it?" and this thread came right up. DH, DS15 and DS8 and I are going the exact same dates and also looking at 12/17 party night. I can easily lapse into "little kid" mode with my 8yo, but my teenager and husband are wondering if this is really geared toward the younger WDW crowd and if they'll have a good time. Any opinions?
Get tickets for you and your 8 year old and see how upset the other two get. That should answer your question. : )

The only way I think it would make sense to do the MVMCP in your case is if you used the MVMCP ticket as your park admission for that day and have one less admission on your regular park tickets. Use the earlier part of the party day to visit some of the resorts to see their holiday decorations eliminating the need to have regular park admission for that day. Also even though you say the parades aren't a priority plan to see the later one as it is much less crowded so less need to look for a spot really early to see it from especially if you watch it in Frontierland rather than Main Street.

Are all the rides open? I’m thinking about doing the party on either 11/28 or 12/1?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter