MVMCP on Dec. 21 - worth it if going Christmas week?

bellelab

Mouseketeer
Really going back and forth on this and need advice! We (myself, husband, mom, 2 kids ages 14 and 11) will be at Disney World Dec. 21-28. I know....we're crazy. We have been many times before but never during the holidays. I know the Christmas parade runs during normal park hours Christmas week but can't seem to find whether the Christmas fireworks are shown. Since we are there Christmas week, are we missing anything spectacularly Christmas-y by not doing MVMCP? We have been to MNSSHP and absolutely love it. I just don't necessarily want to fork over the money if we won't be missing much by not doing it, especially on our arrival day. Right now, we are planning on exploring our resort, Yacht Club, and heading to Disney Springs for dinner at Raglan Road. Thanks!

Thank you! I'm happy to see that they are showing Holiday Wishes during that week.

Yeah, it's worth pointing out for the benefit of others that last year - unlike prior years - Disney ran HEA for all Christmas week dates after the last MVMCP party. Based on the calendar at the moment, it would appear Disney is going back to showing Holiday Wishes nightly from 12/22-12/29 this year, which in my humble opinion is a good change!

Have fun.

Based on the calendar at the moment, it would appear Disney is going back to showing Holiday Wishes nightly from 12/22-12/29 this year, which in my humble opinion is a good change!

I so hope this is correct! My family was all so disappointed last year that it was HEA. Sure, we love HEA, but see that on every other trip. Christmas week we want Holiday Wishes!

Really going back and forth on this and need advice! We (myself, husband, mom, 2 kids ages 14 and 11) will be at Disney World Dec. 21-28. I know....we're crazy. We have been many times before but never during the holidays. I know the Christmas parade runs during normal park hours Christmas week but can't seem to find whether the Christmas fireworks are shown. Since we are there Christmas week, are we missing anything spectacularly Christmas-y by not doing MVMCP? We have been to MNSSHP and absolutely love it. I just don't necessarily want to fork over the money if we won't be missing much by not doing it, especially on our arrival day. Right now, we are planning on exploring our resort, Yacht Club, and heading to Disney Springs for dinner at Raglan Road. Thanks!

Since you will be there during Christmas week when they will be presenting both the Christmas parade and fireworks during general park hours, I, personally, would not splurge on the Christmas party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter