• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My 2021 52 week Disney Money Challenge

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
Time to start saving for Disney!
Have Fun

D1IeBGP.jpg

Hugs
Mel

I started this last year to help with my emergency savings, easy since I get paid each week. I started at 52 and worked my way down, once I got to 24 I started combining and did 25 for the last 12 weeks and then started over at 52, I think in october.

I do something similar to this, called the envelope challenge. I take 100 envelopes, # them from 1-100 and put them in a small plastic box. Then, every week I take 2 envelopes and put the amount of cash inside that reflects its number. Then I seal the envelopes and put them in a different box. If I'm having a week where money is tight, I can choose the smaller numbers, and vice versa. Some people do one envelope a week. If you do 2 envelopes a week, at the end of a year you have $5,050. If I come home from a trip with unspent money, it goes right into the next envelope challenge.
I know it's not the best way (no interest accrual, etc.) but it works for me bc of I leave the money in an account it ends up getting spent on other things.

just started year three of this myself... ended up with $1600 last year.. I never made change when I put bills in my collection envelope I use... put in a $10 and cross off the $3 etc

alway

I do something similar to this, called the envelope challenge. I take 100 envelopes, # them from 1-100 and put them in a small plastic box. Then, every week I take 2 envelopes and put the amount of cash inside that reflects its number. Then I seal the envelopes and put them in a different box. If I'm having a week where money is tight, I can choose the smaller numbers, and vice versa. Some people do one envelope a week. If you do 2 envelopes a week, at the end of a year you have $5,050. If I come home from a trip with unspent money, it goes right into the next envelope challenge.
I know it's not the best way (no interest accrual, etc.) but it works for me bc of I leave the money in an account it ends up getting spent on other things.

I have decided to do the 100 envelope challenge too, I will pick random amounts each week :)

We started this years ago to build up our emergency fund. Each year we put the money into a CD that will end in a different month. We now have been doing them long enough that we have them laddered so we will always have money in an emergency. 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter