My 2nd tale... Fantasy Rd 2, TR Rd 2: NO sea sickness! [Apr '16-East Car.] (Upd Apr19: COMPLETED)

Following along - what an excellent start to a great family vacation! Your Mom and Dad are such good sports. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I'm in!! I loved your other TR and am glad to hear this one will include less sea sickness :) Great start so far!!

Enjoying your trip report and looking forward to reading more!! :flower1:

Subbing in. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise.

We did behind the seeds on my last WDW trip. The link is in my signature. If you're into gardening, it's totally worth it. It's the "we took the kids..." trip if you're interested. I have chapter links so you don't have to read everything to find it.
Thank you!!! I'm definitely going to take a look!

Not as expensive as you would think! In Tortola it is $660. But once you divide by 6 people, the cost of $110 each isn't much more than a DCL trip. In St Thomas we are getting a great deal of $320 for the day. Since we are splitting this trip 3 ways with another family on our cruise we will only pay about $100 per family (or $35 per person).
Wow that's actually not bad at all when you have a big family! For some reason I had it in my head that it would be at least $1000 or more. In the end it's about the same price as doing any of the other excursions too but

FANTASY ROUND 2: PRE-CRUISE!
Day 3 [part 2]: More Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!

After lunch! More Epcot!
Since we didn’t have a set day, I’ll still be continuing with just posting our memorable photos! We took sooooo many photos between all of us, that looking back on it all right now it's sooooo much and I got a little bit lost haha. SO! Continuing on... we just finished lunch at Nine Dragons in the China pavilion!​

Fw1d0DJ.jpg

When we were younger dad always said it was good luck to touch the ball inside the lion’s mouth. So whenever he saw one he always wanted to touch it haha.

ZxoVY1Q.jpg

Michelle playing with the puppet things in China

t3kt2IS.jpg

My mom thought it would be hilarious for dad to wear a farmer’s hat.

mBEZezZ.jpg

“We’re the Three Caballeros!"

axyFTJm.jpg

Meet and greet with our favourite: sombrero Donald!

4SOD3az.jpg

Glendon told Michelle to call him #2…

VVMNjOL.jpg

His reaction! Poor Donald!

4BjfY0v.jpg

Last photo pass with Donald!

a0EttSE.jpg

More water potted plants

1O1GWP5.jpg

We had a fast pass for Test Track in the middle of the day so we ran back to ride it. Here is a photo of Mom, Michelle, and Dad in front of the sign, because my mom loved this ride haha. For some reason our photo pass didn’t save our ride photo from our ride on Test Track so unfortunately we don’t have that!

subuwPr.jpg

Dad and mom in front of Universe of Energy. Glendon calls it the best nap in WDW, but since Michelle is a huge Ellen fan, she insisted we ride it. I’ve never been on it before because it’s such a long show, but since they were going to go anyways I went as well. Every single one of us was enjoying it, but then every single one of us also fell asleep at some point.

NN7z2qV.jpg

While we were riding Ellen, Glendon walked around to look at more Flower and Garden stuff. They opened up the Wonders of Life Pavilion for Flower and Garden

GhWmw9D.jpg

Ceiling inside the Wonders of Life pavilion

owcPpvi.jpg

After Ellen we went back to World Showcased and Glendon and Michelle commenced filling up their Garden Passport by drinking around the world. Here is the bubble tea beer thing from China

Hr0UvDo.jpg

Jungle Book sand sculpture

sLX0jZi.jpg

Bush statue Timon and Pumbaa

KMHdqh1.jpg

Rafiki and baby Simba

06N2M0S.jpg

Beer in Germany

ifaxpgr.jpg

Beer in Italy

Z7Cu9gf.jpg

Lady and the tramp bush statues

QxrWYCL.jpg

Mom and dad in front of fountain in Italy

7WgCjz9.jpg

Beer in America!

1yOo1QX.jpg

American BBQ Kiosk food

fBEsYVF.jpg

Bush statue Woody!!! (I forgot to catch a photo of Buzz!!!!!!)

qcwwK3E.jpg

I am obsessed with tiny, still growing pineapples. Why are they so cute!!! (I’m pretty sure the sign that says coconut is for the tree next to the pineapple lol)​

Soooooo many photos from Epcot I have to do a part 3! Sorry, I just want to share all of it!

Part 3!

Last edited:
You got some great family photos! We only travel as a couple so we never have the benefit of so many fun photos!

Funny that you had beers in every country! The food from the kiosks were really good. I'm glad you got to enjoy the American BBQ.

You got some great family photos! We only travel as a couple so we never have the benefit of so many fun photos!

Funny that you had beers in every country! The food from the kiosks were really good. I'm glad you got to enjoy the American BBQ.
We haven't gone on a family photo in years so this was quite fun for us!
Regarding the beers in every country: we tried hard to do all the countries but in the heat it gets a bit much haha. So we settled for snack alternatives!
Mmmm the American BBQ was delightful!

Fantasy Round 2: Pre-Cruise!
Day 3 [part 3]: EVEN MORE Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!

Continuing on for our long day at Epcot!

4ZN6C8N.jpg

Yuzu plum wine slush in Japan

NXQNeg6.jpg

Dad in the gardens in Japan

qd2SGfa.jpg

Photopass in Japan!

EBfUjim.jpg

Photopass in Japan!

sM0WCn0.jpg

Photopass in Japan!

fWOyrGt.jpg

Photopass in Morocco!

dLKQndM.jpg

The Beast and Belle (no face Belle is kind of creepy)

x8fXMje.jpg

Lumiere and Cogsworth

We decided to stop in Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie for some small plate foods. Mostly because my dad LOVES bread, and he really wanted a baguette for dinner.

Cz97VCk.jpg

Mom and Michelle each had a croissant sandwich and soup

Jp5JRum.jpg

Glendon had a baguette sandwich and the raspberry mousse dessert

dtIcd9X.jpg

I had a salad

T2sfXej.jpg

And dad straight up had a baguette. He was very happy

z5zs2hc.jpg

Tick-Tock the Crocodile

18POqvI.jpg

Captain Hook

4NrzYfu.jpg

I liked that Peter Pan was on top of the building haha

pDdPTyM.jpg

Ciders in UK

4bF98nH.jpg

Tigger!

vkbbL8e.jpg

Rabbit and carrots

VkrkSuZ.jpg

Very green Piglet and Eeyore

HVWk1i3.jpg

Winnie the Pooh! Except he looks more like Ted

AJ9ZzzG.jpg

Here is Bambi, Thumper, and Flower

lXFsxrn.jpg

Oh, Canada…

37FpvXr.jpg

The miniature Butchart gardens with some “rockies” in the background. Actually not bad!

And to finish off our night, we got ourselves to around the Mexico-Norway-China side and watched Illuminations. We LOVE this show because of how close the fireworks are in front of you. Unfortunately we were so immersed no one remembered to get any photos.

792MSka.jpg

Photopass on our way out! Backside of Spaceship Earth

DE4zA7i.jpg

Very last Photopass!!! Goodbye Epcot. Bye bush statue Daisy and Fresh Epcot!!!

4I9szEi.jpg

I loved that they projected this Flower and Garden logo onto the monorail station

And that was the end of our Epcot day! It was mostly just us walking around to let mom and dad look at everything. We tried to stamp off the entire passport for Flower and Garden but in all honesty even with splitting it between the three of us (mostly just Michelle and Glendon, really) it was rather difficult. Either too much to eat or too much to drink hahaha. But all in all a very nice day. Exhausting, which made us that much more ready for our cruise the next morning!!!

So I will finish off the night with my favourite thing about all of WDW:

YAG4vDj.jpg

A close up view of Spaceship Earth. Why is it my favourite thing? Because up close, it doesn’t look real. I don’t know what I mean by this… It’s just so… cartoon-like… and vector geometric. I don’t know! It just looks so unrealistic even though it’s right in front of you hahaha.

FINALLY TO COME: CRUISE TIME!!!!

Last edited:
I know what you mean about closeup Spaceship Earth - it looks entirely.......fake? That's not the right word but it doesn't look physically real!

CRUISE TIME!!! Can't wait for more!

Oh I'm so loving all your Epcot adventures and photos!!! Making me even more excited for our upcoming Epcot adventure in January. Haha, how were you not completely hosed by the end of the day after all those fabulous drinks! :drinking1:rotfl2:
Your dad is hilarious, a man after my own bread-lovin-soul :thumbsup2

We spent three days at Epcot during the F&G Festival and still did not get to all the kiosks. There was sone much good stuff, but we'd end up full after 2-3 kiosks!

I missed Peter Pan, I didn't see him on top of the building!

I know what you mean about closeup Spaceship Earth - it looks entirely.......fake? That's not the right word but it doesn't look physically real!

CRUISE TIME!!! Can't wait for more!
I know!! I just don't know how to explain it, other than exactly that: it doesn't look physically real hahaha. Something about it is very surreal.

Oh I'm so loving all your Epcot adventures and photos!!! Making me even more excited for our upcoming Epcot adventure in January. Haha, how were you not completely hosed by the end of the day after all those fabulous drinks! :drinking1:rotfl2:
Your dad is hilarious, a man after my own bread-lovin-soul :thumbsup2
We just love Epcot! I feel like Glendon and I always do the exact same things every time we go but it's just so lovely we can't stop!

If you look closer, you will notice that we took turns getting drinks in each country haha!! It ends up being a LOT even when you're doing every other country!

We spent three days at Epcot during the F&G Festival and still did not get to all the kiosks. There was sone much good stuff, but we'd end up full after 2-3 kiosks!

I missed Peter Pan, I didn't see him on top of the building!
We definitely had to pick and choose which kiosks to hit up!! Glendon and I did our pre-flower and garden trip preparations in reading up on all the kiosks and kind of picked our favourite ones per country to hit up, then bought a single item to share with the entire family. Still had to pass on a lot!

We almost missed Peter Pan too! My mom was the one who looked up and saw him haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter