• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My 3/2-3/8 WDW trip report

animalkingdom15

DIS Veteran
I checked into room 4206 club level at GF and was shocked at the view I have from my balcony.

WDW.jpg
I then headed to MK to have my traditional first day hotdog and fries at Casey's, followed by a Mickey ice cream bar, and just a nice walk around the park. I caught the Dreams Come True stage show and decided to head back to the resort since I had been up since 3 am.

I enjoyed several trips to the club lounge, followed my a quick service dinner that I took to my room and ate watching Wishes which was wonderful as I could hear about 90% of the dialog from GF.

WDW Castle night.jpg

So this morning I am currently watching Disney classic cartoons (the kid in this 41 year old adult is loving them) while having breakfast in bed (wonderful). Anyways I will later after lunch catch the boat or monorail to MK and spend the day just enjoying the park with really nothing planned today (just like I like it).

So far this has been a dream trip for me.

I swear this has been one of the more relaxing trips to WDW I have ever had. Instead of trying to do everything. I got fast passes for just the stuff I wanted to do this time which turns out to be mostly just the parade stuff. So here is the rest of what I'm going to do which is subject to change based on what I feel like doing that day, but I'm pretty sure it will remain as below.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 – Grand Floridian

Magic Kingdom

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day at GF pool side

Thursday, March 5, 2015 - Epcot®

Move over to the Contemporary

11:00 AM

Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®

12:45 PM - 1:45 PM

Mission: SPACE®

2:25 PM - 3:25 PM

World Showcase

3:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Eating around the world :)

Friday, March 6, 2015 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®

Fairfax Fare - BBQ Ribs

11:30

Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue

1:35 PM - 2:35 PM

Saturday March 7, 2015 - Magic Kingdom® Park

The Wave...of American Flavors - Contemporary resort

9:45 AM - Breakfast

Main Street Electrical Parade

8:30 PM - 8:50 PM

Sunday, March 8, 2015 - Magic Kingdom® Park

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade

2:45 PM - 3:05 PM

Last edited:

What another wonderful day at WDW that was caped off by another great Wishes fire works show. I can honestly say that this the first vacation I have taken in a long time, where it doesn't seem like the time is flying by way to fast and I'm enjoying this time much better. Maybe it's because for the first time at Disney I'm just going with the flow and really not going by a set schedule like I had in prior trips, other than a couple things here and there. I think the new FP system has a lot to do with it, since I know way ahead of time when I need to be at a park to do something instead of getting to a park early and then planning my park day based on what I can do when.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning for my breakfast at the club lounge to my allergies running a muck and to a huge sinus headache. No big deal as I'm not going to Animal Kingdom until later anyways so I can eat breakfast, and close my eyes until my allergy meds start working. This is what's great about this trip and going with a loose schedule it doesn't cause issues with plans.

Last edited:
Well the Disney magic continues. I was just made aware that I'm getting an extra night free of charge at CR from 3/8-3/9 due to a reservation issue I had before I came where my reservation was cancelled out by the system due to a glitch. When they said would I be able to take it I couldn't say yes soon enough since the airfare for Monday is the same as Sunday, plus no extra ticket cost since I'm a AP pass holder. What a great trip this has been and I guess it didn't hurt to mention it to a cast member earlier.

Last edited:

Well I just watched my last Wishes from GF, before moving over for 4 nights at CR. It will be interesting to see the difference in the Wishes viewing from the 2 resorts. I was thinking on my way to get dinner earlier that this is turning out more like two separate Disney vacations instead of one since I still have 5 days/4 nights to go and the majority of my park visiting to go. Epcot Thursday for Mission Space and Test Track along with my traditional Disney eating around the countries at World Showcase (can't wait), Hollywood Studio's on Friday for Star Tours and BBQ ribs at Fairfax Fare, Saturday at Magic Kingdom for Main Street Electrical Parade with breakfast at The Wave....of American Flavors and Sunday at Magic Kingdom for Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.

Last edited:
Well today is the day that I'm moving from GF to CR. I think I will have the bell service transfer my bags over and I will check in at CR later after I have done Test Track/Mission Space and my snacking around World Showcase. Once I get into my tower TPV room I will take pictures and post them on here. Since World Showcase doesn't open until 11, I'm having a casual morning at GF before I shower and check out.

Well I just checked in to my Tower - TPV room (9th floor room 4533) after a day at Epcot/World Showcase and Hollywood Studios and all I have got to say is that the Disney room fairies were sure on my side on this trip. What a great time I had. Not only was I able to snack around the countries, but I was also able to ride Mission Space (walked right on single line rider), Test Track (walked right on single line rider, maybe 10 min wait in line) and then road the boat over to Hollywood Studios and used my fast pass for Star Tours.

So here is what I had:

France - Ham and Cheese croissant
USA - Funnel Cake
Germany - Had a beer
China - Tried for the very first time Pot Stickers

Hollywood Studios - BBQ Ribs at Fairfax Fares (which is right next to the Beauty and the Beast Show and Tower of Terror).

I almost forgot here is a picture of the view from my balcony at the Contemporary. I'm not sure which view is better my GF room view or this one.

IMG_20150305_151433.jpg

OMG..I thought the view of Wishes at GF was great, however it doesn't come close to watching it from a tower TPV room at the Contemporary. It was so cool to watch.

Well it's a good thing I was able to get both Epcot/World Showcase and Hollywood Studios in yesterday because today is rainy and about 68 where it was about 75 at this time yesterday. Today seems like a great resort day to rest up for my last two days here, plus a rainy day at Disney is always better than a cold day back home.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my trip has come to an end sooner then I wanted, but I have to fly out at 650 am on Saturday to take care of something back home. Hey I can't complain as I have spent 5 great days at WDW having a great time. Since I have an AP, I will be back again more than once this year, plus I got to try both GF Club Level and CR Tower TPV for the first time and recommend both to anyone.

Signing off on this trip report and everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Glad you had a great trip!

Thanks and in the 4 days I was there I almost got in all I wanted. If it turns out that I came home early and wasn't needed after all great. I won't feel bitter or upset since I had great weather and was able to stay at both GF and CR two resorts I have always wanted to stay at. Plus I got to see the Wishes fireworks from both resorts which was a first for me as well.

Just wanted to jump on here for the last time and let everyone know that everything is ok on the home front, but I did feel better getting home late last night and being here just in case. Have fun to everyone who is either still at WDW, just got to WDW or will be arriving soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter