MY ADENTURES N SAN ANTONIO, BANDERA, STONEWALL TEXAS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; NOV '16

Slow down partner ...

I'm still working on the quiz above

Hmmmmm......
stumped cha eh??:)
Well, here's some music ta listen to while ya thinking -

and -
the below will give ya an idea as to what Yours Truly will be up to on Monday:drinking1

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:
:thanks:Just left a pretty neat exhibition on the Texas Plains and Texas history -:)

About now to boogy on over to
Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard
sandyoaks.com

for our farewell dinner -

The person you see seated at the left is Laura - very nice person.

Loved visiting this place and finally getting a chance to meeting Sandy. Very personable person and YES, she KNOWS her olives.

ANYWHO -

heading out for drinks afterwards...........

Folks....
this has been one H of an adventure -
:woohoo:

It was such an honor and a pleasure sittin' in with these two - our Tour Guide and our Motorcoach driver. Both Laura and I had fun as the 4 of us were just a laughing and having a blast all throughout the evening.:):):):)

:thanks: to Erin & Annie & Laura - you three really made this adventure that much more enjoyable.

Got 36 hours left (I am staying one more day)
:drinking:
of this bugger b4 I move on to all things Cajun.........

But that adventure begins w/me and that new Honda Civic -

But hey,
About that dinner tonight....
:jumping1:

and -

Really enjoyed the menu selection and finally getting a chance to meet Sandy. She has a nice thing going here as it sure was fun seeing her orchard and such -

and the dessert was FAB!!:)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Spain
France
Mexico
Republic of Texas
Confederate State of Texas
United States

that's the flags.....

:smooth:
Spain
France
Mexico
Republic of Texas
Confederate State of Texas
United States

that's the flags.....

DANGIT!!:)
upload_2016-12-5_5-34-20.jpeg

I owe you a beignet.:smooth:

Cool lookin' flag IMO.
tx-flag5.gif

READ ON cuz ........popcorn::

Just when ya think I am about to head out onto this Wine Tasting excursion.....:drinking1

T.T.F.N.
&
CHERS Y'ALL:santa:

WE INTERUPT YOUR REGULARY SCHEDULED TV PROGRAM TO ANNOUNCE......

Ok..... so I am out at Sandy Orchard having a total blast and I hear my dang cell phone going off like mad.:scratchin

I am trying to enjoy being on vacation and didn't really like being interrupted -

SO I look down at it and see someone is calling me from the San Antonio area.......

ITS THE TRANSPO PEOPLE for the Wine Tasting excursion.:sad2:

Ok.....NOT a good thing when they call......

and yup sure enuf, they said the Vendor just called them and said the trip has been canceled due to weather!!:crazy2:

Ok......THINK POOH ...THINK....

So I brought out my Pooh thinking capabilities and viola!!:smooth:

Expect now for me to NOT have a full day of having fun today followed by me just doodling around town for 3/4 day tomorrow.....

NOPE -

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.......:teleport:

Enstead, "Tink" and "Peter Pan" have joined forces and are in the process of crafting one H of a total blast of things for me to do and see these last 36 or so hours........:thanks:

So, what just is it that I will be doing today and the next???

DON'T KNOW
All I know is I believe and am ready to send the adventure out on a high note.:goodvibes

EDITOR'S NOTE:
The rest of my adventures are NO LONGER with
as I am now on my Post day still tho at the same Hotel.

I am now on my own.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHHERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:
Guessing yoise fired Colette tours

BETTER -popcorn::

from the ashes of the calamity has sprung forth a Gem of a find I saw on the internet::goodvibes

So, I gave them a call and VIOLA!! I re-booked thru them.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
COTTONWOOD WINE TOURS : PRICING & GENERAL INFO
www.cottonwoodwinetours.com/pricing---general-info.html

Here is the 1st of four wineries we visited -

Here we got schooled a wee bit on how wine is produced in the State -:teacher:

Really enjoyed learning how these barrels are made and how wineries use them -:)

and -

Tasting some of their wines was nice -
th_SAN%20ANTONIO%20PICS-%20DAY%205%20-%20DEC%2016%20015_zpsr3fk0dc0.mp4

(DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & iT WILL PLAY 4 U):goodvibes

Our Next stop was -

We tasted some very very nice French & German wines, champagne, etc -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(JUST DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U):goodvibes

Ok - by now, the champagne and wine was beginning to have its effects on me and I didn't care. I was having fun and hey,

I wasn't driving.:dancer:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

Well the Chicagoans are getting a break from the snow since they are in Texas

Lived in chgo for years until I moved to Georgia this past year

The beauty of it is no snow and wild winters

Well the Chicagoans are getting a break from the snow since they are in Texas

Lived in chgo for years until I moved to Georgia this past year

The beauty of it is no snow and wild winters

TOO CUTE!! While out at the Dude Ranch a few days ago.....I had some peach cobbler w/vanilla icecream = YYUUMM!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ANYWHO -
They are here to run the marathon n San Antone. Having fun. About now to head to Fredericksburg for lunch.

FUNNY STORY:rotfl:
POST SCRIPT - We ate lunch at Vaudeville.....pretty cool place as e drinks were 'FANTABOLOUS' -

1) NOW REMEMBER, earlier in the day I wasn't paying CLOSE attention to the settings the Hotel had laid out for us so while I was getting pancakes.........>>

What I THOUGHT was the syrup carafe......
WAS ACTUALY MILK for the cereal!!:laughing:

2) So.....not to be outdone here.......while the 5 of us were in Fredericksburg, we all decided to taste some Italian wines .....

While there, I paid for the tip -
I kindly "clanked" a steel looking spittoon and ASKED if it was empty.

The 'bar-keep' said NO.

So I promptly tossed the tip into the spittoon

and........

when she went to go get it, she forgot that.....
shall we say......

that it WASN'T empty.:crazy2:

Now, IMO -
this is what vacations are for.....

To make memories that will last a lifetime.:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:drinking1Thank you You 4 as I had a lot of fun tasting wine, etc n Fredericksburg.

About 2 head 2 our next wine stop.

Luved what winery saw last -:cloud9:

For tonight it's me and some tacos and Rita's at Mia Terria.party:

Anyone for 'ritas and sopapillas?:cloud9:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Nice you have a tour guide and bus
You can :drinking: all you want today!

Funny u should say that for I am now at Mia Terria having some grande Jose Cuervo Rita's w some fajita tacos .....yum!! :)

..... while enhancing the overall experience by listening to some Selena music using my Iphone and earbuds -

P.S.S. And when I arrive back at the hotel. I have 6 chi chip cookies waiting for me...... I tell ya, now this is the way to end an adventure .......

a 4 Hr Spa retreat n the am at Mokara followed by lunch....in my spa bathrobe and slippers......on the Hotel's rooftop.:cloud9:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Good food and drink alrighty!

And dessert when you get back to the hotel...cc cookies
Yum

Good food and drink alrighty!

And dessert when you get back to the hotel...cc cookies
Yum

(gonna be interesting 2 c how the City of San Antonio handles this once the dust settles)

ANYWHO -
OOOFFFFF!!!!
Me feel just a wee bit on the wobbly side.

Me go get some much needed sleep.......theres gonna b a small delay in picking back up this TR once I get back n2 DFW today so please b aware.

keep in mind I will also be going back and innerlaying some videos I shot into the TR also while I have been on this adventure -:rainbow:

All n all, this has been one beautiful adventure.:goodvibes

Got a very busy am planned as I am out for a 4 hour spa retreat.

th

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
A wee bit of some Texas Music 2 keep ya n the mood -:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
DAY 6:cloud9:
DECEMBER 6
(spa day)

AKA "DEPARTURE DAY":sad:
satman-omni-san-antonio-la-mansion-del-rio-mokara-spa.jpg

Today started like always -
With me going to bed around midnight and getting up around 4am -:goodvibes

Had some issues figuring out who takes my luggage to Guest Services but finally I realized that I was on my own on that issue.:confused:

No worries:jumping1:
as soon it was 8am ish & I was on my way to the

**Mokara San Antonio Spa - Official Site.**

I was all checked in by the Front Receptionist in nothing flat and before I knew it, up walked an Angel :littleangel:
named June; my 1st of two Therapists I would be seeing today.:cloud9:

She would be the one working on me via the Thia Massage and I tell you what, she knows what she is doing!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Before I knew it, she had me in all sorts of different positions w/every part of my body being stretched in so many different ways w/her Literally turning me into a Human :yo-yo:.

To her I say a heartfelt :thanks: -

your suggestions and such really made my day.:yo-yo:
and You did wonder for my back and yes, I promise to roll backwards my shoulders more.

Afterwards,
it was Leticia's turn with me and soon some serious Reflexology was taking place.

But b4 I knew it, it was time to head on up to the rooftop for some much needed 1pm lunch (the view from the rooftop was tremendous; IMO - a must do).

SAN%20ANTONIO%20-%20DAY%206%20-%20DEC%2016%20014_zpson7layrp.jpg

PIC#2

PIC#3

By now, I was looking at my I-phone to see the time.......
It read 1:45pm.:crazy2:

So, with one last bit of magic I could muster.....
well lets give credit where credit is due -

So, courtesy of June's suggestion, I boogied back on over to the La Mansion Hotel and tried for the very first time a Mexican Martini w/watermelon -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
(Excellent suggestion June):goodvibes

Now that hit the spot on what has developed into one incredible vacation adventure.
Thank you all -:thanks:

And you know you are.

Now
To those of you who are getting off now, no worries.:)
It has been fun.

To those of you continuing on, I say "Welcome Back" as I will be tweaking a little this TR before I move on to my New Orleans Trip Report....which by the way will be including the time when I will be buying a new car (May).:woohoo:

and
the other thing I will be doing w/this Trip Report is also including when I head on over to the Gaylord Texan Hotel in a few more days as well.popcorn::

That is,

in 22 more days.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:
ABOUT THAT TIME TO HEAD BACK TO THE AIRPORT -:sad:

But having the kind of individualized attention like GoCollete.com does with their Guests will DEF make the ride back to the Airport that much more enjoyable as I look forward to partnering up with them again w/I head off to New Orleans.:goodvibes

ALL Right ---- give me a few days back n DFW b4 I hop back on this blog and fill in some holes -

Like the fact that I have a lot of video and would like to begin posting some when I get back home..........

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Ok......
SO to bring this Trip report to a nice close.....:rolleyes1

(FYI -Yes, I am still tweaking a wee bit this San Antonio blog so please be aware.........)

I thought I would head em on out to the Gaylord Texan Hotel for a bit.:)

and continue onward celebrating my birthday all month long.

SO
Yours Truely is now out to celebrate just a wee bit my birthday out at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and experience ICE for the very 1st time.:woohoo:

DETAILS COMING UPpopcorn::
(and again, just a friendly reminder --after this will be the ending to this wonderful blog)

Or as I like to say......

**504 MORE HOURS AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS**:yay:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter