My advice...keep all your emails and check your credit card statement

BreezysMom

DIS Veteran
It’s been a month since our visit and we got our Disney Chase VISA bill. I keep our receipts and double check to make sure all is in order because we are whipping that card out a lot throughout our stay.

Anyway, there were all these random $30 charges throughout. So I called the billing department and they said they were for missed ADRs. Seeing that we only had 3 advanced dining plans and we arrived at all those I knew something was off. So while I was on my phone I started to scroll through my emails that I had stored and sure enough they were from reservations I had canceled MONTHS prior to our trip. I had a BOG lunch and dinner for our arrival day and canceled the lunch way back in April. Then two other random reservations I had canceled but we still got charged $10 per person for no shows.

The moral of the story...keep your emails. Disney would have gotten $120 extra dollars from me had I not paid attention. Clearly this was some kind of MDE glitch???

Just a little PSA to check your bills and keep your cancellation confirmation emails because I was able to dispute the charges handily with them although the CM was very nice and apologized for the errors.

Anyone else experience this out of curiosity?

It’s been a month since our visit and we got our Disney Chase VISA bill. I keep our receipts and double check to make sure all is in order because we are whipping that card out a lot throughout our stay.

Anyway, there were all these random $30 charges throughout. So I called the billing department and they said they were for missed ADRs. Seeing that we only had 3 advanced dining plans and we arrived at all those I knew something was off. So while I was on my phone I started to scroll through my emails that I had stored and sure enough they were from reservations I had canceled MONTHS prior to our trip. I had a BOG lunch and dinner for our arrival day and canceled the lunch way back in April. Then two other random reservations I had canceled but we still got charged $10 per person for no shows.

The moral of the story...keep your emails. Disney would have gotten $120 extra dollars from me had I not paid attention. Clearly this was some kind of MDE glitch???

Just a little PSA to check your bills and keep your cancellation confirmation emails because I was able to dispute the charges handily with them although the CM was very nice and apologized for the errors.

Wow. Thats insane!! Good lessoon...thanks for the heads up. I dont usually look at my visa statements but next trip i'll definitely do that.

The joys of Disney IT. The only tIme we were charged was at 50s even though we showed up and had our meal. :confused3. Like you I keep all the emails and receipts. I called gave them the info from the check and got the fee back. In our case I think the checkin stand made the mistake.

Last edited:
The joys of Disney IT. The only tI'm we were charged was at 50s even though we showed up and had our meal. :confused3. Like you I keep all the emails and receipts. I called gave them the info from the check and got the fee back. In our case I think the checkin stand made the mistake.

Yes! One of the ADRs was for Sci Fi and we showed up for that reservation yet still got charged a now show!

Here is the odd thing I have discovered since calling Disney. I made these 4 particular reservations myself on MDE and Signature Services took care of everything else we had.

But it was the four that I made myself that we got charged so I think there must be some kind of glitch between our MDE account and reservation somehow?

Thanks that make you go hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Ugh - I have not been saving any cancellation emails. Hopefully this is not an issue.

I haven't received my Disney Visa statement since we came back. Also, just looked and don't have an email from the one ADR I cancelled. I'm pretty sure my son didn't bother saving the receipts after a few weeks. I'll be sure to double check the statement when it comes. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup2

This happened to our family on one of our trips. I saw a charge for $40 that I did not recognize, and was able to have it removed by calling dining and explaining to them it has been cancelled in advance. I'm sure I had a cancellation email to prove it, but did not need it in this situation...most likely because it was only the one reservation.

I haven't received my Disney Visa statement since we came back. Also, just looked and don't have an email from the one ADR I cancelled. I'm pretty sure my son didn't bother saving the receipts after a few weeks. I'll be sure to double check the statement when it comes. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup2
You don't have to have your statement to check. You can check daily

I don’t keep all those emails. We are there frequently and it would be dozens upon dozens of emails. Thank you for the advice though. I’m going to have the concierge do a print out of all my dining reservations upon check in and take a look for accuracy. Hopefully head any issues off.

I don’t keep all those emails. We are there frequently and it would be dozens upon dozens of emails. Thank you for the advice though. I’m going to have the concierge do a print out of all my dining reservations upon check in and take a look for accuracy. Hopefully head any issues off.

I make and cancel ADRs like crazy leading up to a Disney trip. I have a folder in my email labeled "cancellations" and I move all my cancellation emails to that one folder. Keeps them in one place while keeping my inbox uncluttered.

Now I am nervous about our last trip, as we had a couple of last-minute changes. I'll have to check the bill. Fingers crossed!

We got charged for a cancelled BippityBB reservation.

Easy peasy to call and tell them we’d cancelled that. Refunded it without issues. No emails needed.

In the same trip we had CRT and used the tables in wonderland discount. The way that works is to refund the discount at the time you’re there. They did that and then refunded the rest.

They couldn’t get it recharged. I tried over several phone calls.

So...it was weird. :)

Wow thx! I canceled a BOG reservation while I was there, the app was acting up (which happened a lot!) so took me several tries. I saved the email, but will definitely check

Thanks for the heads up, i always worry about this. DH teases about saving all those emails but you never know.

This is craziness. Did you call the Visa company or Disney Dining to get your card refunded?

Yep. I do the same OP. I save every receipt and reconcile my monthly credit card bill all the time. I never understood why everyone doesn't do that as a standard course of business.

well thats fun lol. i have probably cancelled like 60 reservations, or more. i havent saved a single one and theyre off my icloud account - long gone. :x and ive used whatever creditcard im earning points on that month at the time of reservation. this could be fun. thanks for the heads up

I just checked MDE and 2 cancelled reservations are now on back on my list. I’m afraid to cancel them again and get hit with a no show. I may ask concierge at the hotel to do it for me next week.

i even have old hotel reservations showing up in MDE now. i've called and they say its fine but... :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter