My beautiful girl went to the Rainbow Bridge

Don't smack me, luvchefmic! :duck: :laughing: And Tozzie, send it. It'll be so bittersweet a time for your friend having a new baby at home, but I'm sure it'll help him grieve his loss. I also had a friend whose dog died right after mine last week. Sharing our losses was helpful to both of us.

I think what got me was the look on the owner's face on the blanket. It's the same look I had on my face after my DS carried our girl in the house. Everyone else here had the same look on their faces, too. We all do at that time. And the twins who wouldn't eat his hamburgers. :sad:

It didn't say it in that particular article, but Duke had osteosarcoma in his leg. (As did one of my dogs years back.) They amputated his front leg (which we chose not to do, as they said it wouldn't change the outcome, and he was older - Duke looked like a younger dog so I might feel differently in that case), but the tumor grew back and was large and pressing on his ribs. It was painful, especially at night. Poor Dukey. He was a beautiful dog. That photographer did a great job of capturing his spirit.

It is an awesome photo tribute One that I will never forget

No I would never really smack you I have just cried a river in the past few days That's healthy in the long run though exhausting ( kind of ironic the photographer was a psychotherapist )

Those photos were amazing. No wonder that story spoke to you so much, Linda.

Yes, I could see the torment in the face of Duke's owner.

I did not see that the photographer was a psychotherapist.

I had trouble loading some of the pages of the blog on my iPhone last night. Appeared that there was a lot of internet hits on that story last night.

At the risk of more tears, I am going to look at it again today.

And I agree with Linda, Tozzie. I found reading Duke's story cathartic in a way, having been in that owner's shoes just a couple of months ago.

It helps to know on an emotional level (even though we already know this on an intellectual level) that other pet owners are dealing with the same experience, the same sadness, at the same time.

It didn't say it in that particular article, but Duke had osteosarcoma in his leg.
I couldn't even click the link...I lost both of my girls to osteosarcoma and just seeing the word hurts. My Smidge had a tumor in her scapula, amputation wasn't even an option, but I couldn't have done it anyway. All we could do was spoil her and manage her pain. With sweet Amber we didn't even know that she had it until her leg broke. The tumor just grew inside the bone, no visible tumor, no outward signs at all (but in hindsight there are always outward signs). Amber already had difficulty with her back legs so amputating one of the front legs to buy her a few months wasn't a consideration. The disease is rampant in Rottweilers and by the time the main tumor manifests itself the disease has already seeded itself throughout the body. Hate it, hate it with a blinding passion.

I periodically see dogs with wheels and I think that it's wonderful how there's an option for the dog to continue doing things that they love (like chasing their ball...or being with their people :)). Thank you for the pictures of your girl. You can just see how happy she was.

I am very sorry! I always enjoyed your pictures of her--she was beautiful. I hope she is pain-free and in peace now.

I am so very, very sorry. I always love seeing her picture in your signature line. She will always be a beautiful girl.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your lovely girl.

We just lost our beloved doberman pinscher Sophie 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I don't think I've ever been so sad in my life. I'm crying again as I sit to write to you.

My heart goes out to you. The only comfort I was able to find is remembering that our beloved pets are here for such a short time that they were lucky to be part of our family and truly loved so much. What we aren't able to express to them enough is how lucky WE are to have had them too :-)

:hug:

What a gorgeous, gorgeous girl...I know the pain you are feeling. I lost my dear furry girl when she was seventeen years old. That was many years ago, and I still think of her every day...her memory makes me smile now. :grouphug:

OH, no, I am so sorry. She was very beautiful.

I debated about starting a new thread for this vs. cataloging it here. I think, since they passed so close together, I'll put it here. Another touching story. I hope that my girl and Dukey have met up. (One of my GSDs also died of osteosarcoma, and it is VERY painful.)

I Died Today

I'm sorry for your loss. And, thank you for the link. I cried like a baby when I read it.

I am so so sorry. My heart is with you. Over the years your posts on pets always pulled me in. What was her name? I read all 8 pages and never saw it mentioned. may your sweet babe rest in peace until you are together again. xo

so sorry for your loss! My Cedric passed away last October from pancreatitis. Remember all the good times - and your baby is whole again waiting for you at the bridge...

I am so so sorry. My heart is with you. Over the years your posts on pets always pulled me in. What was her name? I read all 8 pages and never saw it mentioned. may your sweet babe rest in peace until you are together again. xo
Thank you for all the recent posts.

Her name was Liesl. :sad1: (After the oldest daughter in The Sound of Music.)

This week my DH bought me a beautiful German Shepherd statue for my front porch.

I miss her so much, as does our little guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter