My beautiful girl went to the Rainbow Bridge

:hug:

Hugs to you and the rest of us who have lost our loved ones.

A week ago today we said good bye to our husky Jack. Someday I'll see him on the other side. Until then, I hope he's having a great time frolicking in his winter heaven.

Thank you for all the recent posts.

Her name was Liesl. :sad1: (After the oldest daughter in The Sound of Music.)

This week my DH bought me a beautiful German Shepherd statue for my front porch.

I miss her so much, as does our little guy.

Lovely name, Liesl. She fit her name beautifully. You and your family are in my thoughts. :hug:

When my boy passed my husband bought me a Mastiff fountain for the yard. It is a wonderful remembrance.

I debated about starting a new thread for this vs. cataloging it here. I think, since they passed so close together, I'll put it here. Another touching story. I hope that my girl and Dukey have met up. (One of my GSDs also died of osteosarcoma, and it is VERY painful.)

I Died Today

Omg. I'm bawling like a baby. My heart hurts for all those that have lost a beloved pet, a member of their family. I am all to familiar with the pain.

Pea, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. I like to think (as I do with my sweet Teva) that they are somewhere beautiful, chasing balls, no longer in pain and waiting patiently to greet us when we get there.

I have been pretty good. But the other night I was sitting at a red light and I happened to look over to my left and I saw an older man with an elderly black dog gimping along and wearing a white diaper. Within an instant, I just started bawling :sad: and could barely stop. For some reason, it just hit me hard. I could see the love between them yet I knew his days were drawing to an end and it was probably hard for him to be out in public with his dog that way, etc. Uggh!

I haven't wanted to post, because just thinking about it makes me hysterical all over again, but I lost my beloved Olive two Sundays ago. We have her littermate, Archer, who has never spent a day away from her in his whole life, and he is grieving as much as I am, in his own doggie way. I actually took him to the vet, and the vet said that pets definitely *know* that something is wrong/changed. Olive was crazy/stupid/silly, and our most high maintenance dog, named after the children's book "Olive the Other Reindeer" because she truly had an identity crisis. The house, even with five dogs still in it, is dreadfully, horribly quiet. She might have been a "dumb" dog, but she was MY "dumb" dog.

So my deepest sympathies go out to all of you.

3 of our five remaining dogs are all over ten, so I know we'll be facing this over and over again...sigh....

Terri

I haven't wanted to post, because just thinking about it makes me hysterical all over again, but I lost my beloved Olive two Sundays ago. We have her littermate, Archer, who has never spent a day away from her in his whole life, and he is grieving as much as I am, in his own doggie way. I actually took him to the vet, and the vet said that pets definitely *know* that something is wrong/changed. Olive was crazy/stupid/silly, and our most high maintenance dog, named after the children's book "Olive the Other Reindeer" because she truly had an identity crisis. The house, even with five dogs still in it, is dreadfully, horribly quiet. She might have been a "dumb" dog, but she was MY "dumb" dog.

So my deepest sympathies go out to all of you.

3 of our five remaining dogs are all over ten, so I know we'll be facing this over and over again...sigh....

Terri
Oh no! What happened? :confused:

:hug:

Hugs to you and the rest of us who have lost our loved ones.

A week ago today we said good bye to our husky Jack. Someday I'll see him on the other side. Until then, I hope he's having a great time frolicking in his winter heaven.
I'm so sorry about Jack. Do you want to share what happened?

And about Cedric, doombuggy.

I'm sorry, I thought I posted this. :guilty: If I missed anyone else, please accept my apologies. I will have to read back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter