My birthday trip of luxury!!!!

2disneywego

Disney makes me Happy!!!!!!
Hello Everyone,

I will be doing a solo trip to WDW from May 23rd to May 28th.

I'm staying at the Grand Floridian. A very long story, but this is a big emotional trip for me.

I have packed a lot into this trip. Some parks, a lot of nice meals.

I would love to share some of the nice experiences with another.These are my reservations that I'd love to share if someone would like to join me.

Oh, I'm a 51 yr old widow, love Disney obviously, pooh sized, look much younger so I'm told, short brown/aiburn hair, hazel.eyes, friendly smile. I can talk about it a wide variety of subjects. No criminal record!! Love to read. I'm not looking for anything romantic! A nice friendship would be nice. Common interests are good.

Since all the reservations are for 1, it shouldn't be difficult to add a person to the reservation.

Okay, after all that, here's the good stuff:

:sunny:

May 23rd
California Grill 9:45pm.Still allowed to see the fireworks from the balcony at 9:15 pm

May 24th

Highway in the Sky Dine Around. Around.6:00 pm
Start at the Contemporary
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/highway-in-the-sky-dine-around/

It's $170, includes valet parking and it sounds very cool to take the monorail to each resort and have great food and drinks .I'm also taking the opportunity to dress up some.:cloud9:All the fancier places, I'm going to dress nice.

May 25th

I'm spending in the Magic Kingdom, my favourite park, for the kid in me.

8;15 am VIP Tour ULtimate Classes. Magic Kingdom
5 1/2 tour of classic Magic Kingdom
Front of the line access for classic rides
History of Classic Magic Kingdom

3:55pm at Tony's Town Square Restaurant for dinner. I've eaten. numerous imes there and always enjoyed i.

8:15 pm Fireworks Dessert Party in the Tomorrowland Terrace
:tinker:
This is worth every cent to be able to sit down with yummy desserts and a great view of the castle and fireworks and not being shoved around. The cost is $79.

If you don’t find my company.unbearable, perhaps we could spend some time together at the Magic Kingdom..

May 26th

:bday:

I'm speeding the day in glorious enjoyment. I'm pampering myself at the Senses Spa. Sigh..... Then I'm going the full treatment at the Ivy Trellis . A glorious day for my birthday!

8:25 pm
Citros for my birthday dinnrer.
I would really like to have a companion for this dinner. The is the first time in many years I've celebrated my birthdy and i'd love to share it with someone nice.

Afterwards I have high hopes of going to JellyRolls or Atlantic Dance Hàll, neither of which I've attached. If my feet hold out in my heels. Lol!!! I'll be dressed in for my birthday dinnrer!

May 27th

I'll be spending the day lounging around the pool, splurged on a cabana. A day of absolute relaxation!

! will be eating dinner though!

9:00pm
Narcoseese's
Upscale dinner and a nice balcony to watch the Electric Water Pagaent.
All my visits and I've never watched it.

May 28th,
check out day, but busy!!!!!

My inner child needed a character meal !
Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Faire at Grand Floridian
8:20 am . pooh::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:ccat:

Anyone who doesn't want to go to a character meal alone, this is your perfect opportunity!

Hollywood Studios Day!!!!!!

12:30 pm
Hollywood Brown Derby.
Fantasmic Lunch
This gives advance seating for Fabtasmic. It costs $62. Alcohol is extra. I eat at the Brown Derby evert time I visit, everything is excellent!

8:20 pm
I also added the Fantasmic VIP Dessert & viewing experience. We got a box of tasty treats and a speciality drink, with a kick if you like!. It costs $39.

9:00 pm FANTASMIC!!!!!

I've only seen it once in 2008, amazing!!I hope to see it with someone who likes it too.

I love Disney all ways, but I find I enjoy it most with others. Something about sharing the magic.

I have a car. Good to use for resorts not on monorail.

Grrrr....Disboards is really messing with my message. Keeps tossing me out.I hope that I came across clearly and hope i interested some decent people to answer me! I look forward to reading your replies!!

Cari :littleangel:

Great minds think alike!! I just this weekend decided to take a trip for my 50th birthday coming up on May 6th. I generally go each year in May and again for either Halloween or Christmas but was going to try to skip this spring since Toy Story Land isn't going to be open yet, etc. Should have known I couldn't do it!! I decided the only thing I wanted to do was wake up on my birthday at Disney!

I am still trying to decide if I want to splurge or how much I want to splurge on my resort or just layer on experiences. I am thinking the first two nights which would include my birthday at the Grand Floridian and then the next two or three nights at one of the Port Orleans resorts, or just do all nights at POR. I have stayed at both POR resorts and loved them, but usually end up staying at Pop so that would be a nice upgrade.

Great minds think alike!! I just this weekend decided to take a trip for my 50th birthday coming up on May 6th. I generally go each year in May and again for either Halloween or Christmas but was going to try to skip this spring since Toy Story Land isn't going to be open yet, etc. Should have known I couldn't do it!! I decided the only thing I wanted to do was wake up on my birthday at Disney!

I am still trying to decide if I want to splurge or how much I want to splurge on my resort or just layer on experiences. I am thinking the first two nights which would include my birthday at the Grand Floridian and then the next two or three nights at one of the Port Orleans resorts, or just do all nights at POR. I have stayed at both POR resorts and loved them, but usually end up staying at Pop so that would be a nice upgrade.

I considered a "splurge" result for a portion of my trip. Ultimately, I opted to stay ten nights at Pop Century. I have stayed at most of the various resorts at all levels, but that was when I was a DVC owner or two income family. I am still awaiting possible hotel discounts for October, then may consider (quickly) a split stay. If you end up in the World October 10 - 17, let me know!

I considered a "splurge" result for a portion of my trip. Ultimately, I opted to stay ten nights at Pop Century. I have stayed at most of the various resorts at all levels, but that was when I was a DVC owner or two income family. I am still awaiting possible hotel discounts for October, then may consider (quickly) a split stay. If you end up in the World October 10 - 17, let me know!
Be sure to request a refurbished room at Pop. They are night and day different from the old rooms. Also, try to go to MNSSHP even though you are solo. It is my favorite event at WDW.

I have planned so many trips where I move up to either a moderate or WL or AKL only to wind up changing back to Pop. It is home for me, but the week I am going in May the cheer and dance groups will be there, so not desirable. Even though it would be amazing to spend a night at the Grand Floridian, I think I will probably just choose a moderate and enjoy that instead especially since this is a previously unplanned for trip.

Hi!
So happy to read the posts, all Disney lovers!

Thanks for the good wishes!

I was given the Grand Floridian as my birthday gift, the only reason I can splurge this much! I almost passed out when I realized.

I think I have a friend for Park Faire and Narcoseese's .

But I really really want a companion for the other events, especially the Dine Around the Sky . That is going to be unbelievable. And a nice companion with good conversation would put it over the top.

Alone is good and can be outstanding, and I'd love to share with someone, especially someone who enjoys it as much as me.

And, no, I'm not begging, I'm just expanding on the opportunities! :love:

Hi!
So happy to read the posts, all Disney lovers!

Thanks for the good wishes!

I was given the Grand Floridian as my birthday gift, the only reason I can splurge this much! I almost passed out when I realized.

I think I have a friend for Park Faire and Narcoseese's .

But I really really want a companion for the other events, especially the Dine Around the Sky . That is going to be unbelievable. And a nice companion with good conversation would put it over the top.

Alone is good and can be outstanding, and I'd love to share with someone, especially someone who enjoys it as much as me.

And, no, I'm not begging, I'm just expanding on the opportunities! :love:
I hope you find someone! If you don't though, when I went the whole group was 20 people, plus 3(I think) CMs. There were other solos, mother/daughter pairs, couples, and groups of friends. They split us up into groups for every stop (there are 5), of about 2-6 people per group. At each stop they mixed up the groups and we had two monorail cars to ourselves, so by the time we were on the way to the third stop, we were all friends! Everyone was talking to each other & having a great time. So even if you don't find someone, you'll still have lots of fun chatting with everyone. But I do hope you find a new friend to join you if that's what you want! HITSDA was definitely an incredible experience. I'd post in the meetup thread and see if anyone has the same dates as you.

Be sure to request a refurbished room at Pop. They are night and day different from the old rooms. Also, try to go to MNSSHP even though you are solo. It is my favorite event at WDW.

I have planned so many trips where I move up to either a moderate or WL or AKL only to wind up changing back to Pop. It is home for me, but the week I am going in May the cheer and dance groups will be there, so not desirable. Even though it would be amazing to spend a night at the Grand Floridian, I think I will probably just choose a moderate and enjoy that instead especially since this is a previously unplanned for trip.

Thanks. I thought that all rooms were be finished by October. I plan to do MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter