My Brother was killed...

I am so sorry for the lost of your brother. As a get older I see more and more tragic deaths. You never know when someone we love will be gone in a split second. All I can do is love as much as I can now. I am so sorry for your pain.

Charleyann,

I am just sending you more :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: , if and when you find the time, or want to check in, we are wondering how you are dealing..

Today my brothers body was released to the funeral home. I had to make funeral arrangement and go into my brother's home. It felt at times like someone was punching me in the guts. Tears came and went in waves. I was nauseated and thought I would pass out. I managed to pick out his final resting place and all that go along with it. I spoke to his friends he was with just minutes before his death. It helped. He died only a 1/4 miles away from home.

Going inside his home was very hard. I felt like I was intruding on his personal space and property. He was so very neat and cleaN. His shoes neatly lined up at the door waiting for him to come home and slip his feet in. His two beauitful dogs were taken to his friends. His oldest dog went nuts when he saw me. He was smelling my brother on me and he was whining to come with me. I feel horribly bad for them. I have to find homes for them and I know that will end in many tears and heartache. Those dogs were his life, his everything....

I made it today. It was hard ,but I am taking one minute at a time. My Uncle arrived from Hamilton, Ontario and is there to help move me along. I already miss my brother terribly. I feel like i is just a bad dream and I'll wake up. Visitation is tomorrow with funeral on Wednesday.

Thank you and hugs to everyone for your support,

Charley Ann and Jacob

Charleyann - :hug:

Oh, wow! I am so very sorry. Words escape me right now. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sending more prayers your way. May it give you some comfort to know that we are thinking about you doing this difficult time.

I'm so sorry you have to face this horrible situation.

On top of everything else, I agree with you, that it will be heartbreaking to have to find homes for the dogs. Hopefully, one of his close friends will be able to take them in.

Wishing you lots of strength for this evening, tomorrow and the coming days. P&PD headed your way!

Oh Charleyann ... I'm so so so sorry..

BIG HUG....

Knox

A prayer for you, I'm so sorry for your loss.

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Charleyann

May God give you strength at this difficult time.

We are here to listen to you and support you. Wish we could help you in person.
:grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear this. I also had a year like you and the only piece of advice I can offer is to take one day or one minute at a time. You will get through this and one day it will be a bit better. It doesn't seem like that now but it will happen. :hug:

Beth

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of :hug: and since today is the funeral, I've said an extra prayer to send you strength.

May your memories comfort you and sustain you in the days ahead.

Oh Charleyann...:(
Thoughts and prayers for you, my friend...:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
whatever we were to each other
that we still are
call me by my old familiar name
speak to me in the easy way
which you always used
put no difference in your tone
wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together
pray smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
without the trace of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever meant
it is the same as it ever was
there is unbroken continuity
why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you
somewhere very near
just around the corner
All is well

Henry Scott Holland
(1847-1918) Canon of St Paul's Cathedral

I know that when my mom was in palliative care I read a book that was of great comfort to me. It is called "The Next Place" by Warren Hanson. I read it at her funeral and when a family friend passed away I was asked to read it at his funeral. If you can find a copy it is very uplifting and comforting It was also great for my kids.

Just wanted to let you know that you've been in my thoughts today. In my prayers as well.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you get the support you need from those around you. Your friends on these boards are here for you too.

We made it through the funeral with the help of my uncle and Aunt, friends, prayers and support from everyone including my fellow Disers!

My brother was an engineer for McCain foods in their head plant in Florenceville, NB. He was a very smart man. He never bragged and he quickly climbed the ladder. He travelled with work to many places worldwide such as South Africa, Argentina, New Zealand, China , Portage and many other locations. He received many flower arrangements worldwide and I received many condenalces from people all over the world. Donations were made to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation and Children's Wish foundation of Canada for my son in my brother's memory....

Because my brother Bill was so quiet, he never spoke of his many accomplishments. I learned so much from in collegies about him during his final days here. He was well respected. McCain had to bring in a crisis team to help his co-workers deal with the shock of his sudden and tragic ending and sent out a worldwide memo of his passing. Everyone hurt and was shocked with me.

His Eulogy from Co -workers and friends made us both laugh and cry. What great tributes to such an amazing and talented young man! One great acheivement was the invention of the machine to make the curly fry! That idea was solely his...

He designed many plans for new plants and expanditions of others.

I draw comfort in knowing he died doing what he enjoyed doing most. He is also survived by his two dogs (his boys) Maverick and Boomer, Gordon Setters. They too are at a loss!

God Speed, sweet brother! He will forever remain in my heart....

Charley

I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you. I only have one sibling and that is my brother. He and I are very close. My brother is 42 yrs.old and deaf. I can just imagine the pain you are going thru. God bless you and keep you strong!
I'll be praying for you.:sad1:

So sad for you. No comfort for you, but whenever my DS(14) has curly fries I'll remind him to say a prayer for your brother:angel:

Charleyann,

My prayers are with you and your family. My brother is my closest friend, so I can't imagine the pain you're enduring.

Good luck.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter