• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Chilled Baked Potato Salad

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I was wanting something different for a picnic this weekend and looked through 2 dozen cookbooks, just to find variations on the same old theme. So, I decided to create for myself! It is very simple but it was the first empty dish on the table. I think I've found a keeper.....

Chilled Baked Potato Salad (serves 4)

4 medium baking potatoes, baked and chilled
1/2 C. mayonnaise (light or no-fat may be used; not Miracle Whip)
1/2 C. sour cream (light or no-fat may be used)
8 pieces of bacon, fried to a crisp & crumbled
1/2 C. finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
chopped onions and/or chives to taste

If prefered, peel the chilled potatoes. Cube the spuds into 1/2" pieces. Blend the sour cream & mayo until smooth. Toss the potatoes, dressing, and remaining ingredients until well blended.

Serve chilled.

(Any other ideas? Hmmmm...... I wonder how it would work to make a Salsa Baked Potato Salad?)

Ummm, I like the chedder and bacon touch.... I think I will try this! Thanks!

With Labor Day weekend coming up I'll bet a lot of people have picnics and parties on the horizon. Thought this would be a good recipe to bring along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter