My credibility is gone

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
In 2001, we took our first family trip to WDW. I told the kids, "That was awesome! It'll be great to go back again--but that won't happen for a LONG
TIME.

A year later, we returned to WDW...and again we had a great time. We then bought a different house and I told the kids, "Moving kind of tapped us out, it'll be great to go back to WDW again--but that won't happen for a LONG TIME.

Yesterday, I booked yet another trip to WDW! It'll be great, but I'm sure we won't be going back for a LONG TIME.....
:D

We are doing three WDW trips within 12 months...and we are not going back next year :rolleyes:

LOL

Same here.... except it was DH that said it and ofcourse I talked him out of it being a "long time". I must say it wasn't hard though.....

Ahhh Fargoman2, weather getting a bit too much up there? I know I am longing for a warm weather vacation too.........Weather down here is crud.

Fargoman2, really this has NOTHING to do with your credibility! Haven't you realized, you can't help this...it's not your fault...this is a disease...there is no cure...it's changed your brain chemistry!! From now on, just say "I'm Fargoman2, and I'm a WDWaholic". No further explanation should be needed!

You will know when your credibility is gone. It will be the time after you say "...it will be a long time", that your family jumps up and down and shouts "We are going to WDW next year!"

We're not going for a long time either - just redid our kitchen & are expecting another kid in june - but sometimes, a LONG TIME, goes faster than you think! :D

You know, you might as well get APs. Then at least you have an excuse!!

In April we're taking our first trip to WDW. We're staying at the Polynesian LV Concierge for 10 nights. I planned everything first class. When the kids learned of the trip at Christmas, I told them it was the "big" vacation that they should make the most of and remember for a lifetime.

Well, they don't know it yet, but we've already booked a cruise on the Disney Wonder for this Christmas.

I also have long range plans for a 10 day WDW & cruise combo for Easter of 2005.

So much for once and done...

Thought the same after each trip! The following year, kept getting the WDW urge and booked the next trip earlier in the year than before. It's now Feb and just booked for November again. With the urge hitting earlier each year, figure in November, will probably book while there for Nov.04!

It's just too much fun and it's great to look forward to it!

Thats Okay ..don't feel so bad..we are in the same boat but different scenario. .

We went to WDW for our Honeymoon in 93.
Bought a house, made improvements, and basically had no money because we put it into our new house.

We finally made it back in 97 and stayed at ASMu..it was cheap and we could afford it.

When we left in 97 we said.."we'll see you in 7 years". Our plan was to start rasing a family....

Well unfortunately, we have been unsuccessful in our attempts at starting a family ...............SO

We have been BACK to see the "Mouse" every year since 97 !!
And this year its our 10th Anniversary !
AND we are now going twice a year.

Wish we were going TODAY !

CBR - SEPT. 93 (HONEYMOON)
ASMu - AUG. 97
CSR - AUG. 98
PO - AUG. 99
DXL - AUG. 00
POR - AUG. 01
POR - AUG. 02
POR - THANKSGIVING 02

AND

POR - AUG. 03 (CELEBRATING OUR 10TH THIS TRIP)
POR - THANKSIGIVING 03

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Walt Disney was a SMART man....they just get ya to come back and come back and you don't even worry about it really. My family does not have a trip planned for Disney this year, a little heartbreaking but going to Las Vegas, which we have never been. Thrilled as can be, but yet, a little sad:( that there are no definate plans for our next Disney trip. But, I'm sure there will be one in the near future.;)

I love Disney....it's the magic, imagination, comfort and feeling of rightness there

There's just something about it that makes it my 2nd home.

After every trip, DH thinks about the cost and proclaims that it will be a long time before we do it again. After a couple of months, he usually starts leafing through the photo albums and makes the mistake of asking me what I want to do next spring break.

You don't have to ask me twice! That's usually my signal to get a quote on a room at the Polynesian or a Disney cruise!

DH gets excited about the trip, we have a great time, we come home and he worries about the cost, then he'll look at the photos and ask what I want to do next spring break... And so it goes.

FARGOMAN2 - oh man did I laugh when I read your post. I too have said the same the past two years. We went to the BWV in May 2001. Then we went in March 2002 and I said we won't be back for awhile. My brother in-law and family booked a 2003 trip back in November and tried to convince us to join them. We booked our May 2003 trip just a few weeks ago and we're so excited to be going back. Kids are jumping out of their skin.

My theory is this: go as much as you want and can afford. Anyway, what does "for a long time" really mean? That could mean 2 months if that feels like a long time for us Worldphiles. (that's the term they use at WDW in the advertising department for folks like us addicted to Disney). Heck, we usually go twice a year. One year we went three times. We bought a new house last year so we only went once. AND, right now so far this year I can't even be sure we can go.

My point being - if you can go......GO! And live the magic (that's the new campaign...like it?)

PamNC

That's how many of us get addicted.

Our first trip was '96. We thought we'd come back in about 5 years--WRONG--we've been at least once a year since.

We built a new home in '01(doubled our mortgage-:eek: ) and we told the kids WDW would be every 2 years--WRONG AGAIN!--we took 5 WDW trips in a little over a year AND joined DVC!

Is there any cure for this? You guys are lucky, you don't live in Florida like I do. Do you have ANY idea how enabling it is when you only live an hour away??? After every trip, I say, "Now, I just can't afford to go for at least 6 months to a year" and then the next thing I know, there's some special going on or a parade is ending or a passholder event, and there I am back there again a month later. Is there some 12-step program, because I need it REAL bad....

Same here...the first year, we thought this will be nice to do every other vacation. We have yet to find something better to do and so it's DISNEYWORLD..been there, done that, going back! Our friends ask "again"??? What can you say, it is an addiction, one we need no cure for!

Nice to see you back on the boards Fargoman!:D That stay at the Contemporary hooked you but good! We have not made it back since '01....but I am dying to get there A.S.A.P.! You give us hope.......have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter