My credibility is gone

OH how I would love to live an hour away. I wouldn't want to move from Texas... but it sure would be NICE to live an hour away.
It would be like Season passes to Six Flags only a mega-times better.
It'd be like.. Hey! Wanna go to Disney World today? (instead of Six Flags).
Oh boy that would be great. LOL

LOL
(Six Flags over Texas is about an hour's drive from us... btw)

LOL. Next year we're thinking of driving to Hilton Head for vacation and taking a "year off" from the parks. After reading this thread, I just went to mapquest and saw that HH is only about 5 hours from Orlando. With all that money we're saving by not flying..........I'm thinking we can certainly add on a few (5-7 or so) days in Orlando! :D So much for credibility.

Hey everybody,
I just wanted to let you know its because they brainwash everyone who goes there! If you try really hard you can hear"
"You love it here....you cant wait to come back....you love it here....You HAVE to come back as soon as you can....You love it here!!!!" jester: :jester: :p

I always tell my husband that I must have had a "you must return chip" imbedded in my head when I went on Space mountain. :)

I just printed this thread out to show my DH who thinks I am ill. I told him there are lots more addicts out there and it isn't just me. He said " oh yea, find someone who has gone 3 times in a 12 month period who doesn't live in Fla." Well, we went on our first WDW trip May 2001 and I didn't expect to go back for years. When the shuttle came to pick us up from the hotel I started planning the next trip in my head. Finally made plans for May 2002 and then decided to try DL for Easter. Easter last yeaar was the last weekend of March. So, one month after returning from DL we went to WDW. I totally thought I'd be Disneyed out but found myself needing a fix in October/November and December. I just couldn't get it out of my head and now finally an end is in sight. March in WDW with my DD and me all alone to do whatever we want. I truely hope I will be able to get by another year after that. I want to move to Fla.

What's that I hear? ("you must go to WDW. you must go now. you must read the boards. feed the need" ) :earseek:

I love this thread. I feel like standing up and saying, "Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a WDW-Aholic". My daughter is 8 and our May trip will be her fourth trip and it will be my six year old son's third trip. It's all about the kids, right? Really, it's only for the kids. (yeah right, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...)

Our first trip was in 95, a day trip to MK while staying at mother-in-law's in Sebring. On the way home we decided next time we would stay in Orlando & visit mom-in-law. So on our next visit in 99 we stayed off site. On our way home we decided next time we'll stay on site. In the next 2 years we bought a place up North and our oldest DD graduated, no trip. In 2002 we stayed on site for the first time, had such a good time DH said we could return whenever my little heart desires! We're going next week. Already hoping flight is overbooked so we can bump and get the airfare for our next trip paid for! ~:p~

We agree, it is too great a place to stay away from, every year we go and every year it gets better. Sometimes we make it twice a year. We would stay forever if we could. There is no better place in the world to just get away and enjoy the fun and magic. It truly lets you escape for a little while.:smooth:

How many of us have this same story?? My oldest daughter is 8, and she has been to WDW or DL at least once, but sometimes up to 3 times each year! We are addicted. Do they have meetings for people like us?:jester:

Just to illustrate, I decided I had to go on March 1st to see the last Tapestry of Dreams parade, so now I have a reservation then, and then I get the Mickey Monitor in the mail today, and it says on March 15 (and other days) that they are having a passholder event, so now I have to go back 2 weeks later to do that too! It never ends....

Originally posted by katiemegcz
How many of us have this same story?? My oldest daughter is 8, and she has been to WDW or DL at least once, but sometimes up to 3 times each year! We are addicted. Do they have meetings for people like us?:jester:

Yes - but of course they are held at DL or WDW !!

I've really enjoyed reading your responses to this thread. I never realized just how easily people get attached to WDW. It's good to know we're not alone.

We just told the kids about the big "surprise" last night. Let me just say the response was overwhelming--lots of hugs and tears of joy.

It really depends on your definition of "A Long Time". I end up there at least twice a year and it is a Long Time between visits for me.

I think I could handle one weekend a month.:Pinkbounc

It's funny what a little snow will cause...

After digging out our driveway for the 4th time in 2 days yesterday, I told my fiance I would give anything to go back to WDW this summer. I jokingly mentioned that when we go to VA Beach for the weekend this summer to visit his aunt, we should just extend our trip and keep on heading south. He said ok, lets look into. I was floored. This was not my fiance, he must have gotten lost in the blizzard. But here I am, trying to finalize plans for a road trip to VA Beach and WDW this summer. Yippee!

And, if you look at my countdown, I should be able to swing three trips on an AP. Disney is actually turning out to be very affordable! (hehe)

“A long time” is a very subjective thing. We go about 2 times a month so not going for over a year is missing 24 trips and THAT IS A LONG TIME !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter