My cruise dropped 2k

We requested second dining and have not booked anything yet so maybe I will give them a call. $2000 is a lot of money just to pick my room.
I couldn't agree more. This is why I say monitor prices and availability because Disney will only discount after PIF date. Honestly I usually get a better room booking a GT rate than if I'd picked the room. The exception would be an inside on a older ship because there are some noisy rooms. I agree 2k is a lot. There are people that disagree and think picking their perfect spot on the ship is worth thousands. I don't happen to be one of them.

I look at like a hotel you take what you get and sometimes you get better than you expected. If you get worse then you expected you still saved 2k and that's is still a win.

I think I am not explaining myself correctly, in the past booking opening day has been the best price. It kills me to think all of us loyal customers who do this are being punished. They should offer a room credit or something, especially cruises like this one that we were unable to use our on board booking discount
It hasn't been that way for years and like previous poster stated that's not the way travel pricing works. Obviously demand is not there.

You are not being punished. A business can price how it wants. Don't buy the over priced product and the price will come down... pretty simple economics. They don't owe you anything because you booked two years in advance.

That's what I've heard.
That's my opinion. On cruise critic it only gets a 3.2 which is worse than the 20 year old NCL ship I booked in Japan next year. The product doesn't seem to deserve the price.. Maybe if the prices come down the reviews will get better.

I always consider what I paid when I review a product. When you charge an arm and a leg you set the bar high and you had better deliver. I don't think the Wish delivered.

Disney is obviously overpricing some of their cruises. Wonder if they are surprised by the needed last minute rates for the Wish?
I am a bit as some of them are getting into summer season. Keeping an eye out for September to pop up to see if I can tag a 3n onto my already booked cruise.

Is this the first time there has been a lot of *GT rates for the wish? I’ve seen a few pop up in the past but not a whole bunch.

Did you hear much noise from the theatre below?
I would hear some noise during daytime; never could figure out where it came from. Didn’t hear it at bedtime. Sister said the port side 5022 didn’t have it at all.

The hallway was like a private passage; almost no one ever was in it.

That's my opinion. On cruise critic it only gets a 3.2 which is worse than the 20 year old NCL ship I booked in Japan next year. The product doesn't seem to deserve the price.. Maybe if the prices come down the reviews will get better.

I always consider what I paid when I review a product. When you charge an arm and a leg you set the bar high and you had better deliver. I don't think the Wish delivered.
Disney may have to discount the Wish far more in the future than what they even predicted. Was the cutting of one set of elevators just a cost cutting objective?

Disney is obviously overpricing some of their cruises. Wonder if they are surprised by the needed last minute rates for the Wish?

I think it's a misnomer that those cruises aren't selling particularly well. These are really, really expensive vacations that most people plan, budget and save for. If you book early, you secure your price, score a preferred stateroom and can plan and budget your trip accordingly. Most people who book late are looking for deals. Disney, and other cruise lines, are catering to this market with discounted but highly restrictive rates. I'll bet that a number of these rooms are built into their pricing model.

Another drawback to booking late: we booked our next cruise about 60 days before the sailing date. Most all activities, excursions and upsell dining reservations are sold out. Not something we give two hoots about, but definitely something that would bother the lion's share of guests.

Disney may have to discount the Wish far more in the future than what they even predicted. Was the cutting of one set of elevators just a cost cutting objective?
Who knows what they were thinking.

I think it's a misnomer that those cruises aren't selling particularly well. These are really, really expensive vacations that most people plan, budget and save for. If you book early, you secure your price, score a preferred stateroom and can plan and budget your trip accordingly. Most people who book late are looking for deals. Disney, and other cruise lines, are catering to this market with discounted but highly restrictive rates. I'll bet that a number of these rooms are built into their pricing model.

Another drawback to booking late: we booked our next cruise about 60 days before the sailing date. Most all activities, excursions and upsell dining reservations are sold out. Not something we give two hoots about, but definitely something that would bother the lion's share of guests.
I feel bad for people that do that. The planning, budgeting and saving. It’s a ridiculous amount of money for 4 nights on a bad itinerary. So many better cruises, on better ships for less money too choose from.

For those that don't like the Wish.....I doubt very much that the Treasure and Destiny will be any different. They are not going to change the blueprint or floor plan of that class ship. It will be the same as the Wish but with different theming in the venues.

MJ

For those that don't like the Wish.....I doubt very much that the Treasure and Destiny will be any different. They are not going to change the blueprint or floor plan of that class ship. It will be the same as the Wish but with different theming in the venues.

MJ
What did you think of the Wish?

What did you think of the Wish?
I was on the MV and at first I didn't like it as it was so very different from the rest of the DCL ships.....but I can't deny it is a beautiful ship. I am not thrilled with some of the layouts of the ship but I would sail her again if the price was right.....I thought the kids clubs were amazing and I would love for grandkids to experience them on the Wish. I also think too much space was given to the high-end shops and not enough space to the regular merchandise that most people want. I like the dining rooms. The pool situation took me awhile to appreciate. Loved the laundry room on the Wish. I did not like the adult show venue in the center of the ship (Luna).....there was too much noise from the Karoke bar to hear what was going on in the game shows...at least from upstairs. I do not like that the walking track does not go all the way around the ship. I don't really understand the two movie theatre set up....thought the movie theatres on the other ships were fine.

MJ

There isn’t any issues selling the Wish… it’s super rare the 4 day hits cast discount and the 3 day it’s even more rare..

I know!! Discounts are few and far between for the Wish but so are any of the ships from Florida lately. I think all the ships are selling very well this summer...at least the ones out of Florida.

MJ

I was on the MV and at first I didn't like it as it was so very different from the rest of the DCL ships.....but I can't deny it is a beautiful ship. I am not thrilled with some of the layouts of the ship but I would sail her again if the price was right.....I thought the kids clubs were amazing and I would love for grandkids to experience them on the Wish. I also think too much space was given to the high-end shops and not enough space to the regular merchandise that most people want. I like the dining rooms. The pool situation took me awhile to appreciate. Loved the laundry room on the Wish. I did not like the adult show venue in the center of the ship (Luna).....there was too much noise from the Karoke bar to hear what was going on in the game shows...at least from upstairs. I do not like that the walking track does not go all the way around the ship. I don't really understand the two movie theatre set up....thought the movie theatres on the other ships were fine.

MJ
I agree with most of that. It's beautiful but poorly designed. I did not like the dining rooms or adult pool area. I will sail on any ship if the price is right, but I would not pay what there asking to sail on it now. I'm not a fan of that itinerary either. It's an ok itinerary if you need a quick getaway or are combining it with the parks, but not at that price point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter