• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My dad... update 2/27, he's gone.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug: Penny

I'm so sorry Kathy! Anna, Kim and I send PD your way. We'll be thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad! Please add my prayers to the many others!!!! Will be thinking of you both!

My prayers are with you and the rest of your family. I pray for peace as you face this.

Prayers to you and your family... Hospice is a wonderful organization and feel confident that they are going to take wonderful care of your father AND you and your family.

:Hug: I'm sorry to read this, Kathy. A big hug to you. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Thanks for all the love and support, guys. We've known this day would come for a long time...

Just got word that he's going on hospice care. :guilty:

He had a stroke about 4 years ago, when he was just 65, and just hasn't been doing well ever since.

He went from a funny, life-of-the-party workaholic to an old man not able to walk and not mentally all there instantly.

Now he has some sort of internal bleeding that they're having trouble diagnosing, and he's too weak to withstand much medically. Now just waiting to hear more. :sad1:

I'm so sorry, Kathy. I hope the doctors are able to diagnose him quickly and that he responds well to both the treatment and the hospice care.

Our hospice experience is still very fresh for me. After having a stroke NYE 2009, we brought my mil (89) to our house in Jan. 2010. We used a home health agency that also did hospice, so when the time came we had a smooth transition to hospice care in our home. My mil passed in August.

In the months she was with us, she told me often that she had one request of us -- she wanted dh and I to go to WDW after she passed. She didn't want us to wait until our planned 2012 trip, she kept saying that we didn't know what the future held and she wanted us to go asap. She actually died less than an hour after I told her I had purchased the tickets, like she was waiting to know a trip was planned before she would let herself leave this world. Our trip this past November was bittersweet but it was our best trip ever.

Sorry to ramble, want you to know that I know what you are going through.

I am so sorry. Just know you're not alone. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and asbestosis at 59 years old in late 2007. Luckily, we had 3 more years with him even though he was physically disabled and deteriorating before our eyes. Last week he was put on hospice, and he passed away a day later. Though we all knew his illness was terminal, we're still in shock. Cherish every moment you can. My thoughts are with you.

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry.
Even though, as you said, you knew this time was coming, it is still so difficult. Please accept any and all help that is offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter