• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My dining review but with no pics...sorry (Part 2 & 3- 9/15,16, 17)

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
9/15 - Ok, we headed out to Animal Kingdom to see, mainly, the Lion King as we had never seen that show before...WONDERFUL! Go if you haven't seen it! We stopped at Pizzafari when it was over to grab a quick bite and both got pizzas, soda, and frozen lemonade as dessert (Thanks, DDP!) Was good, for a quick meal, would go again.

That night we had ressies at the Hollywood Brown Derby so we headed to MGM. I love MGM! And, now I love the Brown Derby. Oh, my goodness, if you haven't been you have to at least try it! We were seated on the upper level right next to the wall where you overlook the diners below. Great seats. Our server was Jason who was good. He took our order for diet sodas and Mom got the lobster bisque and I got the portobello mushroom tortelloni...yum! However, I saw a bunch of people sharing the cobb salad and think I might try that the next time. We then ordered our meals. Mom decided on the grouper (something we both had never had before) and I ordered the Filet Mignon. This was by far, the best meal I had on the trip. I mean you can't beat the Coral Reef just because of what was going on but this meal was WONDERFUL. Mom said her grouper was excellent and I tried a piece and it was. A meatier fish that we are used to but I wouldn't hesistate to order it here. My fillet was cooked to perfection and equally delicious. I ate it all and wished there was more. For dessert, Mom ordered the creme brulee and after getting "used" to it, she decided it wasn't bad. I had the banana white chocolate torte thing and it was delicious. This was by far, the best meal we had while at WDW and I will definitely be going back to the Brown Derby!!

9/16 - My birthday :woohoo: We were just so excited to be in WDW after not having been there in 4 years that everything was just wonderful and exciting. We stayed by the pool for a while this morning and then headed to MK. MK is by far, my favorite park. Just walking in and standing at the beginning of Main Street USA and gazing at the castle....*sigh*

Ok, we had a ressie for Liberty Tree Tavern. Now, I enjoy the character dinners for nothing else but to get a chance to see the characters and this did not dissapoint. We were seated at a table on the upper level right next to the stairs which was fine. Our server was Jean-Romme and he was very good. He brought us our drinks, rolls and salad and contrary to what I have read, we thought the salad was very tasty and enjoyed it. The characters started to come around, Chip & Dale first, they are so cute. Then Minnie who whas wonderful. Our server brought out the food and it was all very tasty. Goofy came and he stole the show. He was absolutely fanulous and wouldn't stop kissing me! :blush: As we were finishing up, Pluto came around but he was not very friendly at all and didn't really spend any time with anyone...oh, well. Much to my surprise, my wonderful SO, ordered a birthday cake and basket of flowers for me so our server brought them over and I think I looked like this :eek: I couldn't believe he had done it and found out how to do it?!? Oh well, it was a nice surprise. LTT overall, was good. I do not think I will return but I am glad we went. There are some character dinners that you do everytime you go, for us it's Chef Mickeys and Garden Grill. I don't think we would go back here. The food was good, the characters were good, I am glad we went, I just think I don't have to go back. :confused3 Food was good and server was great though. I'd definitely say to go at least once to try it.

Part 3 coming up!

*Part 3*

9/17 - Councourse Steakhouse. Fun atmosphere. We were seated at a huge booth which we both didn't mind. Our server was Lilly and although she was nice, she didn't go out of her way as some do (am I going to get flamed?) We saw her a total of 3 times, she didn't "serve" us and the server who was at the next table was actually giving us our food and clearing our table...again, not a huge deal but he was very nice. Mom had the mozzarella and tomoato salad as an app and I had the lobster bisque. Mine was quite salty and I wouldn't get it again. Mom said hers was quite good. For dinner she got the strip steak and I got the Filet. I think this would've been good had I not already gone to the Brown Derby and already had the best filet. Mom said the steak was good although she ordered it "medium" and it came "well". Mine was ok. That's about all I can say about it. It was ok. I did like the potatoes. For dessert she had the brownie sundae and it was huge! It looked so good and she said it was but that it was too much. I had the key lime pie which was delicious. I don't know if I'd go back there again, too many other restaurants to try :confused3

Part 4 coming :wave2:

Great reviews, MM. You hit a lot of restaurants we've missed over the years so I'm glad to get your take on them.

We like the LTT for lunch. Mainly because I'm in love with their turkey dinner. :love: No, I don't want to marry it but it's pretty darn close. We've never been there for the character meals. My big complaint is their teeny tiny bathroom. Dh says, "Will you be back for dessert?" if I leave before the entrees arrive. :teeth: Oh, and a hearty "Well done!" to your SO for figuring out how to have that stuff delivered to you during your meal. :teeth: What a great guy.

Can't wait to read more!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I've never really had the urge to try the Brown Derby, but I have to admit you make it sound yummy! I may have to try it next time.

MickeysMommy - thanks for your review. We were also at the Concourse on Sept 17 - 6:50 ressie.
DD had the wings appy, ribs/beans/coleslaw (she said the baked beans were terrible, but her ribs were very good, she didn't care for the coleslaw), DH had the Onion Rings appy, prime rib - rare, he said it was very good and tender, I had the seared scallops appy, strip steak - it was tender and good, but not the best i've had. Overall, I would say the food at the Concourse was good, but not the best we had this trip. Kona and LeCellier took the "best" spots.

Thanks for the reviews, how sweet of SO to surprise you like that! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter