• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My dining review but with no pics...sorry (Part 4 & 5- 9/18 & 19)

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I screwed up a little bit. Concourse Steakhouse was really the 18th.

We did the Afternoon Tea at the GF on the 17th and it was wonderful! I highly recommend the "Grand Tea" although it is a little pricey, it's magical! We were seated at a table next to the windows so we saw all the people and got to view the Poly in the distance.
Our server was Patricia and she was very nice. She brought our tea (Gardenview bouquet) and our sparkling wine complete with strawberry and told us of our choice. First we start with a plate of finger sandwiches (some good, some not so but are you really going for the finger sandwiches???) Then she brought out a warm scone with devonshire cream and our own little jar of jam and a fruit tart and for our last course....*sigh* Heaven! Either a choice of pastries or English Trifle...choose the trifle! OMG! It was delicious.
Definitely try the tea at least once and if you can swing it do the Grand Tea. So much fun!

9/19 - Our last day and we went back to EPCOT to see the "world" and to "dine". Went to Mexico and had a fiesta margarita and the nachos. Margarita was good - not worth 8 bucks but hit the spot at the moment. Nachos were ok, not what I was used to - wouldn't get them again but they were "ok".

Dinner @ Rose & Crown (just for Amy's DH) ;) We had ressies for 6pm and were seated immediately! Our server was Steven :love: and as Amy will tell you, I just want to hear him talk! I don't care what he talks about, just speak to me, Steven! Or, Amy's DH!!!
For apps Mom had the potato and leek soup which she promptly proclaimed "delicious" and I had the fruit and cheese plate. Glad I tried it but found some of cheeses to be very strong, however, quite good. For dinner Mom chose the fish and chips and I had the steak and fish. Unfortunately I had had the nachos before as I couldn't finish my dinner but I scooped up dessert!
The steak was HUGE and very tasty as was my fish with the mound of mashed potatoes I got with it! Mom said hers was good although we Yankees are used to more "flaky" fish and hers wasn't "flaky" enough for her I guess :confused3 She also thought it was a little bland - not quite used to those Brits I say :rolleyes: For dessert, she had the apple cobbler or crisp or something to that effect with ice cream and I had the chocolate torte. Both were excellent! I would definitely go back, if, for nothing else, but what Amy? To hear them talk of course! :teeth:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

MickeysMommy said:
Dinner @ Rose & Crown (just for Amy's DH) ;) We had ressies for 6pm and were seated immediately! Our server was Steven :love: and as Amy will tell you, I just want to hear him talk! I don't care what he talks about, just speak to me, Steven! Or, Amy's DH!!!
For apps Mom had the potato and leek soup which she promptly proclaimed "delicious" and I had the fruit and cheese plate. Glad I tried it but found some of cheeses to be very strong, however, quite good. For dinner Mom chose the fish and chips and I had the steak and fish. Unfortunately I had had the nachos before as I couldn't finish my dinner but I scooped up dessert!
The steak was HUGE and very tasty as was my fish with the mound of mashed potatoes I got with it! Mom said hers was good although we Yankees are used to more "flaky" fish and hers wasn't "flaky" enough for her I guess :confused3 She also thought it was a little bland - not quite used to those Brits I say :rolleyes: For dessert, she had the apple cobbler or crisp or something to that effect with ice cream and I had the chocolate torte. Both were excellent! I would definitely go back, if, for nothing else, but what Amy? To hear them talk of course! :teeth:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: What is this incredible review doing so far down the page?

DH is quite fond of the bangers and mash or the shepherd's pie. We always get the fruit and cheese plate--DH and DD fight over the Cheddar while I get all the "stinky cheese" (otherwise known as yummy,yummy Stilton) to myself. :rotfl2: We also highly recommend the trifle.

So, did Steven spend enough time talking to you? Last time, our server was an adorable girl from Yorkshire (which is where DH spent a large part of his childhood.) She ended up pulling up a chair and chatting with us. :teeth:

So glad you enjoyed your meal after I talked it up and I'm touched that you were thinking of me (well, okay, DH) at WDW!!

:lmao: Oh, Amy, you know I love you!!

Steven was adorable but didn't spend enough time "chatting" with us as I would have liked. He took our app order, told us he'd get in right in, and then he'd come back "for a chat about dinner"..... :love: :faint: Yes, Steven, let's chat about dinner, or anything else for that matter!!!

;)

If your SO hadn't just pulled off the grand and wonderful gesture of figuring out how to get a cake delivered to you, I'd offer to take you to England to introduce you to DH's nephews. :teeth:

I love to chat about dinner when a man is actually bringing it to me! Particularly a man with an English accent. :teeth:

No one will eat at Rose and Crown with me...*sniff*

Hmmm...I wonder if I go solo if I will get lots of extra conversation!!

Maleficent13 said:
No one will eat at Rose and Crown with me...*sniff*

Hmmm...I wonder if I go solo if I will get lots of extra conversation!!

Heathens! None of them will go? I think you and Hepzibah Matilda should go. THEN you'd get lots of attention. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter