My Disney Experience and Teenagers

JayMass

Dis Dad #871 Disney Deadhead
My kids have been linked on my MDX for years. They are now 15 (twins) and can have their own profiles and accounts. Their current profiles are linked to our hotel, tickets, etc. Is there a way to turn these child profiles into accounts for them?

My kids have been linked on my MDX for years. They are now 15 (twins) and can have their own profiles and accounts. Their current profiles are linked to our hotel, tickets, etc. Is there a way to turn these child profiles into accounts for them?
Yes. Have them create their own MDE accounts and give you the email address that was used to create them. Go to the Family & Friends list in your MDE account and click update next to their name. There will be a link that says something link invite to plan and share. If you click that, you can enter the email address they used to create their account. They will need to approve the friend request. Once the friend requires is accepted, any plans, MagicBands, etc. will merge over to their newly created account.

Wondering why you want to make a change - at 15 I would imagine they are still traveling with you?

IMHO its much easier to keep everyone in one account. My oldest dd has her own account as she took a few trips on her own and its not always easy to include her in our plans. With the state of Disney IT it feels like inviting trouble to me :) My sister and sister in law are on my account as they only travel to Disney with us and its easier for me to make the reservations.

this is very timely for me. We have an upcoming trip beginning of September and she is turning 18 in October. She and a friend want to book a trip for next summer but we decided to not risk messing anything up for our upcoming trip and will try to split her off to her own account after this trip so they can book their trip.

If you are traveling together it is easier to leave them on your profile. Otherwise making reservations becomes more difficult. It also becomes almost impossible to get borarding groups together for RotR. There is no benefit to giving a minor child their own account if they are traveling within your own family trip.

If you are traveling together it is easier to leave them on your profile. Otherwise making reservations becomes more difficult. It also becomes almost impossible to get borarding groups together for RotR.
Manged profile or linked profile, makes no difference for any of those.

Manged profile or linked profile, makes no difference for any of those.
I guess I read the original comment as the point was to leave them seperate and not link as in seperate autonomy, otherwise, what's the point? If they aren't linked then what I said would be the case. If that's not the case, you're esentially removing them to add them back in a different format. Why bother, other than some sense of digital autnomy. I guess, I just dont see the need. Why would you do this, other than just because you can? What benefit is there?

Hi. Thanks for the advice. My goal revolves around Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups. I figured that having all four of us with separate but linked accounts would make it more likely to score a boarding group. However, after reading these comments it seems like it might not be.

Should I just have them log onto MDE with my login on their phones? The plan is to have my computer, my phone, DW's computer and phone, and then the kids phones trying to score boarding groups. Is there an issue with having multiple devices logged onto the same account? (Maybe I should be taking this over to the RotR thread!)

Should I just have them log onto MDE with my login on their phones? The plan is to have my computer, my phone, DW's computer and phone, and then the kids phones trying to score boarding groups. Is there an issue with having multiple devices logged onto the same account? (Maybe I should be taking this over to the RotR thread!)
You can't use the computers to try for a RotR Boarding Group. You can only use the MDE mobile app.

Yes - post #1 of this thread will reassure you that you'll be fine if everyone logs into your MDE. You can read the last few pages of the thread for additional assurance.

Hi. Thanks for the advice. My goal revolves around Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups. I figured that having all four of us with separate but linked accounts would make it more likely to score a boarding group. However, after reading these comments it seems like it might not be.

You can all log in to the same account and having everyone on that same account makes it easier as you don't have to choose guests and you can just keep going through the process.

The thread recommended above will have all the info you need - good luck!

There were 7 of us logged in on our phones to my one app.

I got a group boarding pass for all of us the 1st day. Our son got a group pass for all of us the 2nd day

I would love to add my child's email address to her My Disney Experience profile. My baby is now a 14 year old teenager. I have passed on my love for Disney to my baby girl. We've been using the My Disney Experience app since she was 5 years old, when it launched in 2013. Is there anyway I can add her email so she can have her own My Disney Experience account, but keep her existing profile?

I would love to add my child's email address to her My Disney Experience profile. My baby is now a 14 year old teenager. I have passed on my love for Disney to my baby girl. We've been using the My Disney Experience app since she was 5 years old, when it launched in 2013. Is there anyway I can add her email so she can have her own My Disney Experience account, but keep her existing profile?
If you modify her profile in your Family & Friends list, there will be an option to Plan & Share. You would enter the email address that she used to create her MDE account. Any MagicBands, etc. that are linked to her in your MDE account would transfer over to her new account for her to manage. She would still be listed in your Family & Friends list and you can still include her in any plans you make.

Thank you so much. I just called Disney and they confirmed what you're saying. The only thing they said is that she has to be 16 years old. But when she turns 16, she can open an account with her email and they will merge all her My Disney Experience history into her account.

If you modify her profile in your Family & Friends list, there will be an option to Plan & Share. You would enter the email address that she used to create her MDE account. Any MagicBands, etc. that are linked to her in your MDE account would transfer over to her new account for her to manage. She would still be listed in your Family & Friends list and you can still include her in any plans you make.

Thank you so much. I just called Disney and they confirmed what you're saying. The only thing they said is that she has to be 16 years old. But when she turns 16, she can open an account with her email and they will merge all her My Disney Experience history into her account.
AFAIK, they only need to be 13 to create their own MDE account.

Reviving this thread as I think through our upcoming July trip...

I feel that with Genie+ it is more important than ever that older teens have their own MDX account. I'm bringing an 18 and 19 year old on our trip. Of course I'm doing all the resort and dining ressies, so its been nice having them on my account for that reason. However when we get to the parks, I imagine they'll have different priorities for LL reservations and will need their own accounts at that point.

It seems like it would get really messy having everyone logged into my account and making all different LL reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter