• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disney Experience App...all use the same account?

jagafen

Wine drinker, family CEO/CFO, uber planner
We're going this summer, in late July. In MY MDE account, I can see all 4 members of our party (the 4th is DS's BFF-Billy- who will be traveling with us). This weekend, I helped DH and DS "find" the missing members of our nuclear family, so now the 3 of us can see each other in the app. I have billy visible, but the menfolk don't. They have sent him invites, and I"m hoping that all goes well once he accepts the invites.

My question is, assuming that we can't get Billy to show up on the menfolk's accounts--is there an issue if I just have all 4 members sign into my MDE account, since my account has everyone showing? I want the boys to be able to book FPs (#4 and beyond) for themselves, and DH and I to take care of our FPing. Does everyone TECHNICALLY need their own account, with all traveling members listed ad Friends and Family? What about for getting a boarding pass at park open in HS. Can the 4 of us all try for one using the same account, or must we be signed into our seperate accounts.

I'm trying to avoid calling internet help again. I was on hold for 40 minutes when I called to get Billy added. I will if I HAVE to, I'm just trying to avoid it if possible.

Thank yoU!

Yes anyone and everyone can log in on the same account with different phones it won't affect anything and give you better chances to book a bg if the system is still in place when you visit

They don't technically need their own accounts. However, do you trust Billy/your DS with YOUR account? By having them log in on their device, they can cancel/change anything on your profile. This may or may not be a big deal.

Was Billy set up as a "managed by you" profile? If so, that may be why the other members can't see him. Those accounts don't seem to be as easy to get people to add as F&F, so if thats the case, you would want to have him make his own, and have Disney IT merge the two so he can handle his own stuff.

They don't technically need their own accounts. However, do you trust Billy/your DS with YOUR account? By having them log in on their device, they can cancel/change anything on your profile. This may or may not be a big deal.

Was Billy set up as a "managed by you" profile? If so, that may be why the other members can't see him. Those accounts don't seem to be as easy to get people to add as F&F, so if thats the case, you would want to have him make his own, and have Disney IT merge the two so he can handle his own stuff.

In general, I think the boys will be fine with access to my account. They know better than to change anything that's not "theirs". Billy is managed by his mom. To get him to show up on my account, I had to call internet support, but they got him to show on my app for me. My guess would be that Billy is a teenager, and is not checking his MDE app on the daily, so he hasn't seen the pending invites. I"m hoping once he accepts them, it's a moot point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter