My Disney Experience App . . . Characters Sleeping??

2prince'smom

Earning My Ears
Does anyone else always get the message "The characters are now sleeping!"?

No matter when I access the app that is the message I get and we leave for the parks in a few days so I'm hoping to get it figured out.

It's after opening hours. The character times are only available during opening hours. The rest of the time they are asleep.

Do u have to be in WDW for it to work? Because ive tried too when I was helping someone who was there and I always got that message.

I can't get my Disney experience app to work either. I get nothing :sad2: I am
so frustrated...I realize that I have 96 days but, I want my dining and resort to
be linked now before I get there..:scared:

My app isnt working either. (Im in NY). When I log in, it doesnt show any of my friends and family, dining, tickets... NOTHING! and when I try to link my dining with confirmation # I get an error. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing is happening. I leave Sunday for WDW. I hope it works when I get there!

My app isnt working either. (Im in NY). When I log in, it doesnt show any of my friends and family, dining, tickets... NOTHING! and when I try to link my dining with confirmation # I get an error. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing is happening. I leave Sunday for WDW. I hope it works when I get there!
I'm in NY as well. Please post when you get back if you were able to use the app. When I try to pull up my
dining reservations, they want me to make more... Here's hoping you are able to access it sooner than later...

I'm in NY as well. Please post when you get back if you were able to use the app. When I try to pull up my
dining reservations, they want me to make more... Here's hoping you are able to access it sooner than later...

I'm in NY as well. I only have problem with getting the actual wait times. I have to wait a few moments before the home screen is refreshed for all resort/dining reservations to show at the home screen. (If my internet connection is bad, it could be very long) I can also access those using the upper corner tab, scroll down to My Account to My Reservations. The "+" icon at the home screen is for adding new things to the account such as FP+, new tickets, new dining ADR and new plan.

i'm in NY and my app works just fine.
however i do use the computer or the full website on my tablet in order to actually plan everything and then i just use the app for while i'm there.
i booked my package and my ADR's on the full website and they automatically linked and they show up just fine on the app.

I had trouble with the App not working and finally called Tech support and I somehow had several e-mail addresses linked to my account. Once they merged them, I was able to use the app to see everything I had booked on my pc.

I can see everything BUT the characters. I've tried logging on and logging off but they are still "sleeping."

I used to be able to see them so it's really bugging me. We leave in just a few days and I want it to work.

I was having the same issue as OP. Everything worked fine except the sleeping characters.
I deleted the app and then reinstalled and it seems to be working now. Hope that works for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter