My Disney World diet

annemce118

Mouseketeer
I was in Disney World last week and lost three pounds! It’s funny because I felt I ate badly, but with the heat I know I didn’t eat as much as usual. Plus all the walking helped. I had planned to start a diet when I got back, so that was a great jump start for me!

Congrats! I had a similar experience last summer and I can't wait to go back. If I HAVE to go to Disney to lose weight, so be it :rotfl2:

It could be a combination of so many things, but I'm not surprised at all. You sweat a lot during the summer in WDW, walk a ton and eat differently.

I'm pretty health conscious and eat accordingly at home. But when I'm at WDW, all bets are off. I'll still eat a clean "base" of food, but then frankly eat whatever I want on top of that. And boy, do I. Even with all the pig outs I do at Disney, I'll only gain 4 or 5 pounds over the course of 2 weeks. Then after I come home and return to my normal nutrition, those 4-5lbs disappear really fast...and I may even lose a pound or two more. That's because my metabolism has spiked like crazy from all the food I eat on vacation. It also makes me ridiculously hungry for the first week I'm home too....

3 lbs really isn't a lot. A standard diet that puts you into ketosis will drop 10 lbs of water right away.

Congrats on the loss! We are hoping all the walking will help keep us even. That and it's going to be super hot at the end of this month lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter