My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

I just can't believe they charge $12 for you to have a salad and HALF of an ALREADY OVERPRICED MEAL YOU'RE PAYING FULL PRICE FOR ALREADY! :headache: Man that's irritating!

I think it is way over priced myself and I am kind of cheap. It is a rare thing for us to eat there. May I suggest Cafe Orleans? It is a cheaper alternative and if you want the famous Monte Cristo they serve it too.

I just can't believe they charge $12 for you to have a salad and HALF of an ALREADY OVERPRICED MEAL YOU'RE PAYING FULL PRICE FOR ALREADY! :headache: Man that's irritating!

The only thing they split is the entree. You each get either soup or salad as well as full servings of the sides from the main meal (IE BB potatoes & veges) so that is 3 things for your $12. However if you just want to actually split the meal (ie share either a soup or salad and split everything on the plate) They will give you an empty plate and you can split it yourself for free.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Soo with St patty's day upon us, I am going to try and remember to take a photo of what ever I eat at the uva Bar for the St. patty's day festivities/special... I put out a thread on it, but they will be having a special menu, witch actually started yesterday! :yay:..and goes till the 19th![/FONT]

MY st patty's day DTD thread

uva/catal st pattys day menu!

WeAre going to the Napa Rose that night. I wonder if they will have a special menu? :rotfl2:

Thank you for your quick reply! :goodvibes Actually, I was talking specifically about the pretzel BREAD.. at Carnation Cafe

The pretzel bread is delicious, and we had it with 1/2 turkey sandwich & soup at the CC. I'm pretty sure they serve it at other restaurants too...they also sell Mickey bread in downtown disney at the bakery...

The only thing they split is the entree. You each get either soup or salad as well as full servings of the sides from the main meal (IE BB potatoes & veges) so that is 3 things for your $12. However if you just want to actually split the meal (ie share either a soup or salad and split everything on the plate) They will give you an empty plate and you can split it yourself for free.

Interesting. I did not know you could split it yourself for free. Last time we went it was mandatory $4 split plate fee and they split the whole thing down the middle (1/2 entree, 1/2 sides, salad came on one plate and was not split). Thank you for clarifying that. :)

The pretzel bread is delicious, and we had it with 1/2 turkey sandwich & soup at the CC. I'm pretty sure they serve it at other restaurants too...they also sell Mickey bread in downtown disney at the bakery...

Ohhhh... good to know!

anyone have a picture of Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti
Topped with fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes, julienne onions, and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth at Ariel's grotto??? I am not a big fan of mushrooms but mostly because of texture...was wondering about the broth

WeAre going to the Napa Rose that night. I wonder if they will have a special menu? :rotfl2:

i don't think so. i think it's just DTD uva and catal,maybe house of blues...i did not read about any other disney place doing anything for st. pat's

Interesting. I did not know you could split it yourself for free. Last time we went it was mandatory $4 split plate fee and they split the whole thing down the middle (1/2 entree, 1/2 sides, salad came on one plate and was not split). Thank you for clarifying that. :)

Ohhhh... good to know!

That is what Disney dining told us (we were planning to split so I asked) and I have seen it on the boards quite a few times..although we did not do it ourselves because we could not agree on an entree LOL

anyone have a picture of Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti
Topped with fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes, julienne onions, and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth at Ariel's grotto??? I am not a big fan of mushrooms but mostly because of texture...was wondering about the broth

I got this when we ate there, it was DElish!

Here's two views of it

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

selection of irish cheeses from Uva Bar for St. patty's DAy-this menu runs till the 19th so you can still get it.

ok her is the pros about it—it was good, the cheese was fresh, everything meshed well together, it was worth the price..

the cons- the bread that was served with it was not enough, because I still had a large chunk of the cheese in the middle (in photo) and nothing to put it on, and it was kinda rich to each alone. I did not think to ask if I could get more bread,but alas if someone orders this before ther 19th see if you can get more bread...

nether the less, it was worth $8 and made a great dinner for me!

March 17th is not complete with out green beer, i do not know what beeer they used as i just asked for the green beere special $5 for that,it probably was bud light, it tasted like it. but it was worth it!

It was crazy pasta goodnees, I really enoyed it,but still had the pasta sort of flavor you would like. Others in my party had the tri tip and they liked it, but I was very happy with the pasta, it was a little cheesy with the vegetables too.

We were in Disneyland a couple o weeks ago and had lunch at our #1 place to eat, Cafe Orleans. Here's some of what we had:

Three cheese Monte Cristo:
100_0935.jpg

French Onion soup:
100_0936.jpg

Pomme Frites:
100_0934.jpg

Mickey Beniges (I don't know how to spell it! LOL)
100_0937.jpg

Got back last Wednesday from 4 days of park hopping! Sorry no pics, but here's a few little reviews!

Carnation Cafe: lunch was great as usual. Steak melt, baked potato soup & Chef's salad. All very good! This is our must-do dining for each trip, and it was as good as always.

We also ate breakfast at CC one day. Our first time for that. It was good but nothing to jump up and down over. Kitchen was a little slow. Croissant sandwich for DH and the Benedict for me. My eggs were over-cooked. Breakfast potatoes were good. "Side of fruit" consisted of one large strawberry and two orange wedges. DD did enjoy her first ever Mickey waffles though! In the future, CC will remain a lunch spot for us, I think.

Marceline's Confectionery: got an Oreo brownie. Ehh. Not moist enough and no brownie flavor. Not as good as the Ghiradelli ones from a mix.

JK Express: Yummy as always. DD3 (a picky eater) ate the seasoned chicken fingers with no issues. Shrimp po-boy for DH and popcorn shrimp for me. The shrimp are perfectly breaded and seasoned. This place is a fabulous value and good quality.

Tomorrowland Terrace: breakfast one morning. DH got the burrito, which was good but had a LOT of chorizo. DD and I shared the platter. Eggs and potatoes were good, and the biscuit was nice and soft. The bacon was a bit on the weak and lame side, but edible.

Pacific Wharf: broccoli cheese soup for DD. She snarfs this stuff down! (bonus: loves feeding leftover bread to the ducks) Sonoma salad for me. It wasn't as good as last time I got it, and I won't get it again. AT least this time the line was just inside the door instead of way out!

Cucina Cucamonga: DH got the soft tacos. He said they were okay, but not anything special.

At some point in DCA (at the bakery counter in the big store on the left as you enter the park), we purchased a small chocolate cupcake. It was soft and moist and yummy.

I can't wait to go back again when I'm not on a low card and low sugar diet! (corn dogs! pretzels! ice cream! Mickey bars! Yeah, now we know why I'm on a diet in the first place...)

Off property, we ate dinner at Marri's one night. (next to best Western Pavilions) It was really, really good and a great value. HUGE portions. Highly recommend it! They deliver to area hotels for free, too.

Can you guys please give me some tips on how to do DL during Lent???? I'll be there on Good Friday and I was wondering where I can get fish or non meat meals...

I am not eating meat at all during lent this year. We are going to go to Disneyland at least once before Easter. I want to try the fried green tomato sandwich at Hungry Bear or Three-Cheese Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans. I have had the fish and chips at the Golden Horseshoe not my favorite but I have a friend who loves it. (My favorite there is a hot fudge sundae that I get in a waffle cone instead of with cookies)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter