My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

oh that is awesome you can take leftovers from the BBQ! We are going on a Tuesday for the first lunch reservation and planning our hotel break right afterwards.

I always ask and they were closing since we were the last sitting of the night. It never hurts to ask about taking left overs from anywhere.

Jack

Can you split items at the Carnation Cafe? Some of their lunch items look really yummy, but their kids menu isn't great. I think my kids would much prefer something off the adult lunch menu, but it would be way too much food for just one of them to eat alone. Would they charge a fee for splitting the meal like some of the other restaurants do?

Can you split items at the Carnation Cafe? Some of their lunch items look really yummy, but their kids menu isn't great. I think my kids would much prefer something off the adult lunch menu, but it would be way too much food for just one of them to eat alone. Would they charge a fee for splitting the meal like some of the other restaurants do?

I would ask to share not split the meal. We have never had an issue with them when asked.

Jack

We like Ho-Toys, there are also a couple places closer but do not remeber there names. We picked up a dining guide at RI maingate that lists all the local food places that deliver, I will look for it over the weekend.

We ask the BBQ people not to refill the food unless requested when we were seated and then daughter took the leftovers back to the GCH after the meal, we got out of there around 2000 hrs, great meal though, everyone enjoyed the food.

Jack

Thanks for the tip, Jack, Re: Ho-Toys... we just might give it a try! :)

Rocky Road Cups

untitled%20%2894%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Those Rocky Road Cups look YUMMY!! Where did you find them?

Those Rocky Road cups look great,

I second that question. I would love to know where I can find these.

They were very yummy! They are at the Mainstreet Candy store as well as Pooh corner. The thing is you have to look really hard to find them, they usually don't have many out.

Some more to tempt you...

untitled%20%28103%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28101%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Peanutbutter dreams
untitled%20%2897%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%2898%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

I know these items were posted a hundred times, but here's my contribution!

Cafe Orleans

Pommes Frites
garlicparm.jpg

Monte Cristo Sandwich
monte.jpg

Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich
mardi2.jpg

mardi.jpg

Pomme frites were glorious as usual. Monte Cristo was good and fatty. The chicken sandwich was good as well, but not something I would order again. It's just not worth 18 dollars for a normal tasting chicken sandwich. The side sauce didn't really intrigue me either... it kinda tasted like honey mustard. The sweet potato fries were alright. The bun was good though.
(sidenote: I don't want to put off anyone from ordering the chicken sandwich. If it intrigues you... Go for it! Different people have different tastes! It was definitely one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had, I guess I was just expecting more... which is kind of silly on my part, how much better can a chicken sandwich get? Lol!) :goodvibes:

So fun to have this thread bumped! We will be going this Mother's Day to the Royal Brunch at the Disneyland Hotel. Then the following week we were lucky enough to get lunch at Club 33 to celebrate our daughter's graduation:cool1: I love Disneyland:love:

Thought I had posted in here already, guess not. Anyways, this is from November 2010.

Riverbelle:
turkey sandwich
084.jpg

this was mine, and I loved it. the bread was still fresh and soft, even though it was about 9pm. the turkey was a TAD dry, but I prefer it that way so it wasn't a problem for me.

pulled pork sandwich
085.jpg

Dh got this and also loved it. He said the flavor was just about perfect, meat was tender, etc. Also, the pickle spears were good, not too sour. We got beans which Dh said were good, and fruit but we didn't try that. We felt, for the size of the portions and how long we stayed full, this was worth the price, which was around $20.

Plaza Inn Breakfast (character meal)
027-1.jpg

biscuits and gravy, hot cocoa, sausage, and fresh fruit plate. This was the 3rd plate Dh grabbed, and he still ate it all. I only tried the cocoa and some fruit, both of which were very good. The only complaint he has was the sausage, which he said was rock hard, and honestly didn't look too good to me either. He said the biscuits and gravy were super good, just like he's used to his southern family making. The fruit was cool and crisp, lots of flavor.

010-2.jpg

mickey waffles, croissant, and apple juice. the juice is just regular minute maid, but was very good and cold. the croissant was great, fresh and flaky but still soft. the waffles were perfect, fluffy with a little crisp, great flavor.

012-1.jpg

orange juice, made to order omelette, orange slices. DH's first plate...this was gone almost too fast for me to get a pic! the omelette had cheese, jalepeno, and sausage. he loved it, said it was the best he's ever had. the orange juice was very fresh and good...not sure if this was minute maid too or fresh squeezed. the orange was one of the best i've ever tasted, so juicy and refreshing.

016-3.jpg

mickey waffles w/ fresh blueberries, french toast. Dh also loved the waffles, but said he put too much blueberry on top and they kind of overwhelmed the waffle. loved the french toast. I tried a bit of the syrup and it was very good.

This cost about $60, and we both agreed that between the food, characters, and location it was well beyond worth every penny. Would do this meal again anytime.

WoC Picnics:
Kids PB&J w/ water
023-1.jpg

025.jpg

I liked this quite a bit. I'm not the biggest fan of the uncrustables, and was worried about that, but it was good. It was still cold when I ate it, so it wasn't all goopy or anything. The cupcake was really good, but a bit dry for me. Apples were great.

Adult Chicken meal w/coke
022-1.jpg

DH loved this. He was a little put off at the thought of eating cold chicken, but we ended up taking these back to our hotel so he stuck it in the microwave. He said it was really good, great flavor. He loved the apple pie slice. He was just so-so about the slaw and potato salad, but leaning toward the better side.

This cost $30, and we agreed we would get these meals again, with or without the show.

Other:
We also got bread bowls from La Brea Express, but it was too dark to get a good pic. DH got the chili and I got chicken noodle. We bothed LOVED these and agree they were the best bread bowls we've ever had. It was a chilly night, so sitting and eating these both filled and warmed us. We were also able to wrap up our extra bread (the part they scoop out) and save it for a snack the next morning. I think this cost around $20, and was worth it. We both still talk about/crave these stupid things.

Dh got one of the chocolate covered marshmellow sticks, not the tigger tail but the plain chocolate kind. While he said it was very good, he said he wouldn't get it again without having someone to split it with, as it was too rich.

We got milk chocolate and peppermint fudge, both of which were amazing. DH preferred the chocolate, me the mint. They were both so creamy...very melt-in-your-mouth. great texture, full flavor...wonderful.

And last but not least...that staple of Christmastime eating...
071-1.jpg

this is the gingerbread man cookie you get on the Holiday Tour. Hands down, the most perfect one i've ever had, same for DH. It was soft, but not so soft it fell apart. The flavor was obvious, but not overpowering. I wasn't in love with the chocolate, and gave my ears to DH. I would take the tour again just to get another one of these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter