• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My dream is coming true... my very first attempt at a PTR

amyrella

Mouseketeer
Well here is an attempt at my first PTR!! Let me tell you about myself… My name is Amy and I’m at the ripe old age of 28. Ok maybe not so ripe after all… I recently graduated from a Tech School with my Certificate in Ultrasound Medicine. :woohoo:I also have a degree in Business Management :confused3 but was miserable working in the “corporate” world. So I headed back to school after finding an extreme interest in Ultrasound while I was pregnant with my Daughter…

I am currently unemployed (BOOO) and searching hard for a job. (No ONE seems to want entry level techs!! Ahhh!! I swear I’m good, and I was a great student!!)

Anyways… I have always been in love with Disney since I was a little girl. I totally get that whole Disney withdrawal, and that aching feeling you get when you miss it bad! I’ve only been about 7 times since being born, but once was enough to make me fall in love.

About my Princess: Adrina will be 4 years old when we go to WDW. A lot of people always ask me how I came up with her name. A lot of people think I took it from Audrina, from THE HILLS on MTV, the year she was born was the first season of the show, however, I actually got the name from a Disney movie… Any guesses???

The Little Mermaid! One of the sister’s names is Andrina, when I first heard it, I thought I heard Adrina, and I fell in love with it. I wanted a different name (if you couldn’t tell already), and The Little Mermaid is my favorite
movie!

I have been “brainwashing” Adrina with Disney since birth! Lol. I bought her all Disney movies, plush characters, anything Princess… Adrina had to have it (according to mommy).:rotfl: Every time she sees a commercial of WDW on TV. She screams Dinsey Werrrlld, followed by a high pitched “I can’t WAIT!” (yes that was my fault too).

When Adrina was 9 months old, her daddy and I took a trip to Disney by ourselves. We were lucky enough to take advantage of Free Dining! And now I don’t think I’ll ever do Disney without! We loved to eat out and this gave us the opportunity to eat at places we never would think of eating at! We stayed at ASSp. (HAHAH I had to add the “P”) This trip was sort of planned quickly, or else I would have preferred to stay at a Moderate, but it was Disney nonetheless. I wanted to take Adrina this year but I figured, since I would have to pay for her, and she wouldn’t be tall enough to ride a majority of the rides I’d wait and hope and pray that by next May she will be 40 inches (we are at 37 ¾”). I know there is more to Disney than just the attractions but she is a ride junkie and she will throw a fit if she isn’t able to go on a majority of them. She also LOVES water parks! So being able to ride the slides at the water parks is important also!

Ok, so you all may be wondering about Adrina’s father, well he is going on the trip also. His name is Dan, and he is 27, legally on paper, he is my Husband. (I’ll explain later if anyone cares why I say it like that, or maybe I’ll just tell in another installment regardless if you care or not). He too likes Disney, maybe not a nut like me but he is definitely into it and CANT wait to take Adrina either! We have a long story, so I might have to add in that excerpt, as to withhold any judgments from fellow DISers.

Dan and I met in 2005 up in Lake George NY. We instantly fell in love, he lived in Massachusetts and I lived in NY. We were so happy and in love, :lovestruc and dedicated our weekends to see each other, the 2 hour trip to see each other was worth every minute and drop of gas used! Shortly into our relationship we became pregnant with Adrina. Which really was no big deal, I knew I was going to marry him and he felt the same about me. Ignoring the pressure from my parents to get married while I was pregnant ( I was NOT going to have my wedding that way) we continued on with our happy little pregnant life.

When I was about 5 months pregnant, Dan took me to NYC, (such a luxury to have NYC an hour train ride away), to see Spam a lot on Broadway, and on our way back in Grand Central, Dan proposed (not on one knee THANK GOD!!!). Of course I said yes!! I put planning the wedding back till after I had Adrina, as I didn’t want that stress on top of a newborn. Well after having Adrina (Jan., 2007), I denied having PPD. (Post partum Depression), as I thought I would never have that. I tried my best to get over this horrible feeling I was having, and get going ahead with my life. We soon started planning our wedding, and had decided on Labor Day weekend 2008.
Fast forward to our Wedding day, it was gorgeous, from the weather, to my bridesmaids to every detail. It was the first time I felt so good, in a LONG time! At this point I believed I was still not over my depression, but nothing could make me from feeling awesome that day! A week after we got married Dan and I took our Honeymoon on a Cruise. I enjoyed myself however, my DH wasn’t fond on the idea of just laying around and relaxing on deck all day until dinner time (I warned him of this, as this is what I do when I go on a cruise and we are “at sea”). Apparently this really hurt him and I didn’t realize how much it really impacted him, not just the cruise but my depression. He didn’t know how to handle it and didn’t really believe it was “real”.

A month after our marriage I noticed his distance, and soon found out that he was doing things that a married man should not be doing. He soon decided he wanted to move out and be alone for a while. During this “alone” time he stayed with me the majority of the time and we were actively working on our marriage. HE eventually moved back home, and within another two months he moved out again. This time I wasn’t so forgiving I told him I had no promises and that what he was doing was hurting me. He kept saying he wanted to work on us, but I had found emails, texts messages, that said otherwise. It was a really difficult time for me. And I wish NO ONE to go through that. It truly was one of the lowest points of my life! All I wanted was for him to either come back home and give up this “bachelor” sort of life he wanted to live or let me go, I wasn’t ready to give up on him, because deep down inside I knew that these actions he was taking were not MY Dan. I was willing to work on it to save my marriage, it took a lot of strength but I kept chugging through. He eventually came to me a few days shy of our 1st Wedding Anniversary and told me he couldn’t do it anymore. Although I was devastated it took a weight off my shoulder. I’m still really hurt by what happened, and I have my days where I cry, and not because he left, but how he made me feel. How can someone who loves you so much hurt you so much. I swear I would never want anyone have to feel the way I did!

We currently are both dating people, and are keeping a friendship. We sometimes talk about reconciling things but when I think about those nights were I was up crying, and trying so hard, I dont know if I could ever go through it again. I’m not so sure my trust will ever be the same as it was prior to us getting Married. We are not legally separated, nor are we divorced yet. It just isn’t good timing monetarily wise. I’m searching all my options onto how to make it as cheap and quick as possible. (Its very hard to divorce in NY)

Anyways… that’s my boring story about my “D”H and I. Sorry to bore you all with my personal life. Yes, maybe people don’t want to know, but I tell my story in hopes that if anyone is going through something similar they could reach out to me. I was always talking to others about this, bc I wanted to get peoples thoughts and experiences. IDK… sorry if I’m boring….

I promise more updates about the trip will come up… :lovestruc

I'll subscribe and follow your plans. My oldest is about the same age as Adrina- and he's right at 37". We're giving him lots of milk in hopes that we hit the 40" mark!

Ok so onto my trip details. We are going, May 9 – 17, 2011, and I plan to stay at POR. I have invited everyone and their mother, because this will be Adrinas first visit to Disney. This has been my dream, to be able to bring her. I know I am going to be one of those weirdo moms who start crying when I see her excitement as we walk down Main Street to Cinderella’s Castle. I start tearing up just thinking about it. Awe… (happy) tear :*) I do hope to have more kids eventually but this will be so special to me. You mothers know that bond you have with your Daughter! I love her so much! (obviously)
I’m not a real avid planner as I don’t like to be on such a rigid schedule. This being the case I’m having a hard time whether I want to do the basic dining plan or the Deluxe Dining Plan. I figure if I do Deluxe and get specific ressies on the same day I’ll be ok. But if that doesn’t work out then I’m not so sure how I can do it. For Example:
My Day at Magic Kingdom
(of course BBB with Adrina) then Breakfast at CRT
Quickservice lunch (I’d like to do Casey’s but this can be a group decision)
Dinner : one of the Resorts (California Grill Maybe??)

Day at Epcot
BFast ?
Lunch – Mexico Pavillion
Dinner – Epcot or Resort
Those are examples… the only thing I DO KNOW is that the day of arrival I’d like to go to one of the water parks, then eat dinner out… that way we can get home and rest for the next day, which of course would be Magic Kingdom.
I want to have enough time to enjoy the parks and not be worrying about what restaurant I’m supposed to be at and when. Adrina stays up late, (I know bad parenting on my part), and eating late is no biggie, now I know she will be over stimulated and will probably be tired, but she does well with quick naps, so if she falls asleep on the rides to and from places we should be ok. We also love to park hop so if I miss Wishes the day we are at the MK I’m ok with going another night, as we would be going anyways…
Anyways… anyone have a flexible attitude when it comes to the parks and have done Deluxe Dining successfully??
Which signature restaurants are a must do with a 4 year old?

I know some people LOVE deluxe dining, but I can only function with a fixed breakfast time. i like to leave the end of the day open ended. And I never know how hungry I will be after being inthe heat all day.

That being said- Go crazy with BREAKFAST! The signature and character dining is cheaper then anyway.

1st pick- Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh. DS loved it when he was 2 and the older kids had even more fun- plus, get into MK when the streets aren't crowded!
2nd pick- Akershus at Norway in Epcot. DS isn't into princess, but I have heard people RAVE about this. Easier to get into that Cinderella's Royal Table, and WAY MORE PRINCESSES! And get into Epcot early...
3rd pick- Tusker House for Breakfast- All the essentials are there- Mickey, Goofy, Donald- Safari style! And, because it's my favorite thing to do- Get into AK early!

I don't give a hoohah about the characters at Play and Dine at HS, so they aren't on my top 3 list. But those my thoughts on dining at WDW. Happy planning!

thanks for the advice... i love breakfast at disney world!! and i want to do all of those... with OHanas and id like to do CRT the morning i take adrina to BBB... i HAVE to do that for her... part of me only wants to get deluxe so i dont necessarily have to worry about "money" for food ... bc its already paid for... however there are a couple of restaurants id like to take adrina to like rainforest and/or t-rex.

ughh... i guess i shouldnt stress just yet huh??

so today i started my career woohooo!! i recently graduated from school with my certificate in Ultrasound and I got a part time position at one of the hospitals i did my clinical at!! woohoo!! i'm so happy to have started and so looking forward to my career as i'm so happy i made this career choice!!

so one funny but gross story from my first day.. i had a patient that had a "little" gas while i was scanning her.. OMG!!! i thought i was going to get sick all over her!!! :scared1:

ok... so a little rant... my EXH to be.. just tells me the other day that hes going to Rhode Island with the girl hes dating this week... (how convenient the days hes suppposed to have adrina) and he says he wants to take her with him becuase hes not sure if hios parents can take her and well i cant because i just started working and my mom is too busy... first off i know maybe i should get used to this stuff, but i dont know this girl from adam!! shes young, and they are staying at her "friends" beach house... um... i know they will be drinking and i dont trust that he will watch her carefully!! and i really dont want some girl to be taking adrina to a beacvh for her first time!! ugggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry this was an over the place post and not related to disney whatso ever but i have a lot of things going on around me and sometimes i have no place to rant...

Well if you ask me I wouldn't let him take her. Who knows what could happen, that is the way horror stories start.

and by teh way WOW on your story :grouphug: big group hug from all of us at the DIS boards. You are one tough cookie. I am very excited for you and your little girl, I'm sure this will be one of your most memorable time sin your life, spending that time with her in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter