My favorite trip EVER...ABD China, July 2018!

Hi everyone,

My family and I just got back from the ABD China trip, and we are still in awe of the things we saw, the experiences we had, and the wonderful vacation we were lucky enough to go on this year. This trip has been a goal of mine for a very long time, and once Shanghai Disneyland was added, I REALLY made it my mission to get us on this trip. It was worth every penny, and we loved this trip so much, it almost brings me to tears thinking about it.

The highlight for all of us was clearly seeing the Great Wall of China. Wow, just wow! Next up, as a Disney fan, I had a total blast seeing both Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland. The Shanghai park was truly amazing. My teenagers loved seeing the terra-cotta warriors, and the gumdrop mountains were just gorgeous! Seeing the Shanghai skyline at night was also a real highlight for us.

In short, I'm afraid that no trip is ever going to top this one. I believe we have just gone on the best trip of our lives! It was more amazing than I can really express, and I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to do this.

If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer. If you have been thinking about this trip, believe me, you will not be disappointed. It was more than I even imagined it could be!

When traveling to the other cities, how was the plane ride? What type of plane did you guys fly in?

hi am thinking of going on this trip - sounds amazing but some questions - would be going by myself - would i feel out of place or are singles made to feel welcome? have been on other tours (not disney ) where it seems singles are overlooked and not made to feel part of the tour

hi am thinking of going on this trip - sounds amazing but some questions - would be going by myself - would i feel out of place or are singles made to feel welcome? have been on other tours (not disney ) where it seems singles are overlooked and not made to feel part of the tour

I travel solo all the time and most of my trips are with Disney (DCL, ABD). So far I’ve done ABDs to Greece, Italy, Australia, NYC, and the Med Cruise add on. I’m doing the China ABD this year and have the ABD Danube River Cruise booked for next year. At no time have I ever felt overlooked when traveling solo with ABD. One of the things that sets them apart is the personal attention you receive. I also love the camaraderie that happens on the trip (some trips foster this better than others). People also look out for each other, so that’s always comforting for someone traveling solo to a new destination.

I travel solo all the time and most of my trips are with Disney (DCL, ABD). So far I’ve done ABDs to Greece, Italy, Australia, NYC, and the Med Cruise add on. I’m doing the China ABD this year and have the ABD Danube River Cruise booked for next year. At no time have I ever felt overlooked when traveling solo with ABD. One of the things that sets them apart is the personal attention you receive. I also love the camaraderie that happens on the trip (some trips foster this better than others). People also look out for each other, so that’s always comforting for someone traveling solo to a new destination.
thank for the info! gonna book china for next year!

Hi everyone,

My family and I just got back from the ABD China trip, and we are still in awe of the things we saw, the experiences we had, and the wonderful vacation we were lucky enough to go on this year. This trip has been a goal of mine for a very long time, and once Shanghai Disneyland was added, I REALLY made it my mission to get us on this trip. It was worth every penny, and we loved this trip so much, it almost brings me to tears thinking about it.

The highlight for all of us was clearly seeing the Great Wall of China. Wow, just wow! Next up, as a Disney fan, I had a total blast seeing both Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland. The Shanghai park was truly amazing. My teenagers loved seeing the terra-cotta warriors, and the gumdrop mountains were just gorgeous! Seeing the Shanghai skyline at night was also a real highlight for us.

In short, I'm afraid that no trip is ever going to top this one. I believe we have just gone on the best trip of our lives! It was more amazing than I can really express, and I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to do this.

If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer. If you have been thinking about this trip, believe me, you will not be disappointed. It was more than I even imagined it could be!
Hi! My family is considering ABD China for July 25. My son will be 7, almost 8 years old. Do you think its okay for that age? Are families typically accompanied by older children on the trip? Thank you so much

Hi! My family is considering ABD China for July 25. My son will be 7, almost 8 years old. Do you think its okay for that age? Are families typically accompanied by older children on the trip? Thank you so much
Absolutely. Our girls had just turned 8 when we went in 2017. There were a ton of kids on our trip -- mostly between the ages of 8 and 14. They all sat in the back of bus (lots of bus rides) and had a grand time.

If you are interested, ask the ABD rep when you call how many children (and their ages) are currently booked on the trip.

I think your son will absolutely love it, particularly if he likes the theme parks or pandas. On our trip, there were a mix of teenagers and younger kids. Sometimes ABD is willing to tell you if other kids are booked on your specific trip, so you can try to ask. Best of luck in your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter