my first post

Thank you for your thoughts and wishes i do have a couple of questions lol
I live in montreal canada i was wondering what the weather is like in florida the month of october?
Since we are going to mnsshp i was reading that they do give you a bag but i am wondering if its big enough,we cannot trick or treat this year cause amanda will have her scheduled treatment,so we will make the most out of mnsshp so i wanted to know if i should bring bigger ones?

I am so sorry Amanda is dealing with all this. Please tell her we think she is amazing and beautiful!

The bags you get are plenty big enough. You can trick or treat as much as you want. The lines appear long but they move really fast. Find a place for the parade really early. We planned an hour ahead and all the good spots were gone.

Weather in Oct is great. It's warm without being sweltering like it is in Sept. I hope you all have a fantastic time.

do you know if your MAW group is sending you to stay at Give Kids The World for your stay? i was there last year 2 time with grandsons' trips. can not say enough about staying there. lots of extra activities there beside the parks.

They told me we will be staying in a village for sick kids I guess that's it. I don't know what they have there anyone ever go there? I would like to know what to pack

They told me we will be staying in a village for sick kids I guess that's it. I don't know what they have there anyone ever go there? I would like to know what to pack

Give Kids the World is an AMAZING place!!! I've only ever seen the outside in person, but most Wish families go there and have posted pictures in their trip reports. Absolutely AMAZING! :thumbsup2

http://www.gktw.org/

There is another place that some organizations use. I think we've had one or two Wish families stay there, so I don't know much about it. (or what it's called)

well i am back with an update

Amanda just did her last treatment yayyyy!!!
now we just have to wait and see if this one works
we have our fingers crossed now all we have to think about is our disney trip

Yay!! Hopefully it will stay away this time. :hug: I'll keep you guys in my prayers to say healthy and safe for your wishes trip. October weather varries from hot to rainy to cold. There really is no way to predict it this far out. Se've had had 2 tropical storms already and I'm hoping this is not a sign of the hurricane season to come. Make sure you pack a couple of shorts, long pants, and light jackets just in case. Have a great trip and keep us updated.

:thumbsup2
We need a fingers crossed smilie too.

Thanks for the update! I agree, we need a fingers crossed smiley!
pirate: I'll substitute a pirate instead. ;)

It was good to hear the news. I hope that you are all getting excited about your trip and cant wait for even better news about your daughter!

well its been 2 weeks since her last treatment and all is well yayyy
usually it tends to show signs of coming back a week later so now theres not a sign.

i have been looking through alot of sites about disney and showing the kids we are learning alot of tips and tricks its so much fun!!

i love looking at everyones pictures and just seeing the smiles they have.
but the question i have is photopass what is it and how to use it and if it costs money??

well its been 2 weeks since her last treatment and all is well yayyy
usually it tends to show signs of coming back a week later so now theres not a sign.

i have been looking through alot of sites about disney and showing the kids we are learning alot of tips and tricks its so much fun!!

i love looking at everyones pictures and just seeing the smiles they have.
but the question i have is photopass what is it and how to use it and if it costs money??

WONDERFUL news!!!!

I know that Disney was giving the families that stayed at GKTW free Photopasss CDs(how do you pluralize Photopass????). I'm not sure if they still do? How it works is you get a card (you can just ask the Photopass Photographers for one), like a credit card and there are Photopass Photographers stationed all around Disney. You walk up to them and ask them to take your picture, then hand them your card. After they take your pictures, they scan your card. You can then make an account online (at Disneyphotopass.com ) and you put the card number into the account and you can view all your pictures. With the CD, you will get all the pictures that the Photopass photographers take. You can also deocrate them online. The kids always like doing that. Make sure you take a picture of write down the Photopass number, incase you lose it. You can have more than one Photopass card too, just input all the card numbers you have on your account. So, if you happen to misplace the card you were using or some of your group splits up and they don't have one, just ask the Photographer for another one.

Hope that clears it up instead of making it more confusing!

thanks Teresajoy it clears up alot :)

so I was talking with my daughter she loves scrapbooking we were trying to figure out great ways to save souvenirs for her scrapbooking she wants to do one for disney :) we were thinking about maps , napkins etc .
anyone else have any cool ideas?

so I was talking with my daughter she loves scrapbooking we were trying to figure out great ways to save souvenirs for her scrapbooking she wants to do one for disney :) we were thinking about maps , napkins etc .

Honestly, I'm no good at that kind of thing! Maybe your GAC?

AAA has a nice booklet you can get; you can get one at their office wherever you live. It's about 24 pages or so. If you can go to an Orlando tourist office and pick up brochures there.

Get postcards and try to get ones that are personal--rides or shows that you have done there. Get extra fast passes that you don't use or keep those you don't end up using. You will get a packet at check in and there will be items there that you can use.

I would absolutely do the Epcot passport. A cast member from each country will write something in their language and stamp your book. The Creative board here has free passports you can do and print at home. You can buy a Disney passport at Epcot if you want the official one.

The Creative Board has many items you can print for your scrapbook. Some of the creative geniuses on that board will even personalize items for you.

Fastpasses, your actual passes after your done with the trip. You could maybe use part of a Button if you get one?

You have to hand over your fastpasses when you use them.

::yes::

I agree with the Epcot Passport. We have had 5 different teenaged foreign exchange students. Even they liked the Passports.

Some shops at WDW have scrapbooking supplies. I would not neccessarily get a whole scrapbook, but you can find some special stickers and items that show things like characters and icons for different attractions.
You can also make your own stickers by finding pictures on the Internet or taking your own pictures and then printing them on sticker paper.

You could also ask for menus at full service places you eat. The server normally collects them when taking your order, but would most likely let you keep them if you explain the reason you are collecting them.

Collect a bunch of maps from each park. That way, you can cut them up to scrapbook with them.

Hi Connie, I sent you a PM. I know you guys will have a terrific time.

Thank you guys so much for your ideas :)
I don't have a creative bone in my body lol so i am so happy to get ideas.

this week in montrea canada it was so nice and sunny that i got a sunburn on my legs and ohhhh does it burn lol

see you guys soon :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter