My First PTR! Our Family Trip MAY 2010- The Time Has Come! We Leave TODAY!!

Cute clothes! Love the Maleficent shirt. Have you read the Kingdom Keepers series? It's young adult but a fun read...she plays a pretty big role!

Holy heck it is coming fast! I'm aweful excited! It is sad about Pops and Linda not coming :sad: Hopefully in another two years we can get them out there with us!

Hehe, only 7 more work days and vacation begins. Already told everyone I'm bailing a few hours early.

Oh, and I do like my new shirt and towel! Hope I don't forget one!

Yeah, I'm sure we'll be able to drag them along in the future!

And I'm glad you liked your new stuffs! :thumbsup2

:dance3::dance3:

:woohoo: for the countdown! Not long now.

I'm so excited!!
:jumping1:party::jumping1:

Wow I missed last night's post and the cute clothes! I can't believe your trip is only a week away! You must be so excited! I know I would be.

I do love that the bonus of vacations is getting to buy a couple new things! :laughing: I am SO excited! I can't wait!! :woohoo:

We have 7 days till DW.:woohoo:

I know, can you believe it!? :dance3:

Cute clothes! Love the Maleficent shirt. Have you read the Kingdom Keepers series? It's young adult but a fun read...she plays a pretty big role!

Thanks! I do love Maleficent! I have hear a little about it, but I haven't read it. I just went and requested it for the library, I am thinking it will be a good book to take for the plane ride! :yay:

We were doing some scrambling the past couple of days because we had already banked the DVC points for our trip, and we wouldn't be able to use the points for the studio room by the time they would expire. SO Allison's cousins have generously agreed to take the room off our hands! :lmao: Jefe has assured me they're as big of Disney fanatics as we are, so it should be good times! Welcome aboard the crazy train, Jamie and Ashley!!! :dance3:

••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••

As Jefe mentioned, it is 7 days until our trip now!

:yay: :cheer2: :jumping1: :cheer2: :yay:

••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°••

Bilbo and I have started to clean up our room a bit and gathering stuff for the trip. I think tomorrow I might start pulling out clothes, but we got some other stuff:

First, all our pins for trading:
traders.png

In case you didn't believe me when I said this is one of our favorite things to do, you can see I wasn't kidding! :rotfl:

Our pin bags:
pinbags.png

Last October during Bill's birthday trip to Disneyland we got these bags from the pin store in DTD. I think they're pretty cool!

Some of my favorite pins:
pins.png

I'm always on the lookout for Maleficent pins!

I also have two lanyards for my ticket/fastpasses:
auroralanyard.png

We just found this one again! The last time I used it, as evidenced by the tickets in there, was in 2006!! :laughing:

I also have this one:
villainslanyards.png

I wanted a Maleficent one, but this was the closest I could find at the time. I still like it, though! :thumbsup2

Oh! And I went to Famous Footwear and bought these shoes shoes from the clearance section:
newshoes.png

I love that the zippers are stars. I'm such a big kid sometimes! :rotfl: But it was during the BOGO sale, so my sister got some Teva flip flops for $10!

At any rate, I can't believe that we're a week away! Time is flying, and I can't wait to go play in the parks!!

WOW!! That's a lot of pins. We're absolute novices...and I'm going to have to rob a bank in the next week if I decide to start collecting.

Love the pink zip sneaker.

Oh - and congrats of getting the DVC studio utilised by someone else.

See you at the World very, very, very soon.
princess::upsidedow

That's a lot of pins! I ordered 30. Bella and Jaeden (8) can split them and trade them as they want.

Where did you get the pouches that go on your lanyards? We have lanyards but they didn't come with anything.

That's great that they are getting your room for you!

SEVEN DAYS!
party:party:party:

WOW!! That's a lot of pins. We're absolute novices...and I'm going to have to rob a bank in the next week if I decide to start collecting.

Love the pink zip sneaker.

Oh - and congrats of getting the DVC studio utilised by someone else.

See you at the World very, very, very soon.
princess::upsidedow

Thanks!

Yeah, it's pretty addictive! When we're in the parks, we usually just go for the multi-packs of pins.

You'll be at the Cinco de Mayo meet, right? Hopefully we'll make it on time to see you! :cool1:

That's a lot of pins! I ordered 30. Bella and Jaeden (8) can split them and trade them as they want.

Where did you get the pouches that go on your lanyards? We have lanyards but they didn't come with anything.

That's great that they are getting your room for you!

SEVEN DAYS!
party:party:party:

We're hoping to have some left over for the trip in October as well. We'll see, though, we are rather addicted! :laughing: Kids lanyards always seem to have the cooler pins, I always see something I would trade for if I was a kid. It's good they make it fair like that, though.

The pouches we got in the pin store. They usually have some that they sell separately from the lanyards.

Yeah, if Bill's dad couldn't come, I am glad that someone else could get some use out of it!

I'm here, Kara! Hi!! :yay:

I have to read this all right now... you've only got ONE WEEK to go!!!

Kathy

Hi Kathy!! Glad you could make it over! :yay:

I know, I can't believe it's going to be here so soon! I can't wait!! :woohoo:

One week to go!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I LOVE that villians pin! You got it with the 100 you ordered off ebay?

Yes! It's almost here!!! :cheer2:

Are you talking about the villains spinner pin in the pic with all the Maleficent pins? (It's so cool, girl villains on one side, boy villains on the other) If so, I actually got that one on one of our trips to Disneyland a couple years ago! :)

Hi Kara! I don't know how I missed your PTR but I am here now! Our trips will overlap for a few days...we'll be there April 28- May 3! I don't think we'll be in the same parks but I'll still keep an eye out for a HUGE group of really cool people wearing matching tshirts! :lmao: I think it's really awesome that the guys are so into everything! You have the most ADORABLE family ever! I just have to say that your parents (and their story) are SOOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!

Happy packing, and have a great trip! Can't wait to read the TR!

Hi Kara! I don't know how I missed your PTR but I am here now! Our trips will overlap for a few days...we'll be there April 28- May 3! I don't think we'll be in the same parks but I'll still keep an eye out for a HUGE group of really cool people wearing matching tshirts! :lmao: I think it's really awesome that the guys are so into everything! You have the most ADORABLE family ever! I just have to say that your parents (and their story) are SOOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!

Happy packing, and have a great trip! Can't wait to read the TR!

It's crazy how many of us on the boards are going at the same times! I'm going to have to go check out your PTR as well and do some fast reading! :laughing: And I love that our boys are so into it, I can't even remember who had the idea to get matching shirts that first year, but we were all in! Thank you, though, I love my family, and I am SO happy to be able to share this trip with them! :cloud9:

So, littlelovebug reminded me that there are a couple of stories I meant to share but forgot about in the midst of all the craziness, so I'm going to go ahead and share those now!

First, I know I mentioned in my intro the story about my parents meeting at Disneyland. What I forgot to mention was that their first ride together was the Carousel of Progress! Well, this is their first trip to Florida, and since the attraction moved out of Disneyland in 1973, it's been a LONG time since they have been on this ride. When we went last year, I took a picture in front of the ride in tribute to my awesome parents:

carousel.png

Obviously, this ride is a MUST for my parents! They've been talking about it since we booked our trip! Can't wait to get a picture of them in front of the attraction!! :thumbsup2

Second, speaking of the boys being good sports and all, I have to share my favorite picture of them from any of our trips so far:

happycouple.png

During that trip is when the matching shirts first started:

castle.png

I don't know if you can tell, but we're all wearing Anniversary buttons as well. Bilbo and Jefe had a habit of walking off ahead of me and Allison. Well, we just so happened to have a lunch reservation at Ariel's Grotto- A princess character meal. They were standing in front of us, as usual, as we were waiting to get our picture taken with Ariel, and a couple in front of them turned to them and said it was so sweet that they were spending their anniversary together with Ariel. :lmao: They both just smiled. Allison and I were cracking up. They're such good sports! :rotfl:

That is hilarious! The picture and the story!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

And sooo cute about your parents. :love: What a great story. And awesome that you get to share this trip with them!

6 days! Wow!

Great pics! I love seeing pics in the parks.

That is hilarious! The picture and the story!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

And sooo cute about your parents. :love: What a great story. And awesome that you get to share this trip with them!

Hehe, yeah, they certainly keep us entertained! :thumbsup2

And I am glad my parents are coming with us. They're just too cute for words! :lovestruc

6 days! Wow!

Great pics! I love seeing pics in the parks.

And now we're down to 2! :dance3:

I love pics from the parks as well. I am going to try my hand at doing a "live" TR while I'm on vacation! We'll see how it goes! :laughing:

First, I know I mentioned in my intro the story about my parents meeting at Disneyland. What I forgot to mention was that their first ride together was the Carousel of Progress! Well, this is their first trip to Florida, and since the attraction moved out of Disneyland in 1973, it's been a LONG time since they have been on this ride...

Obviously, this ride is a MUST for my parents! They've been talking about it since we booked our trip! Can't wait to get a picture of them in front of the attraction!! :thumbsup2

How sweet! Yes, a definite MUST DO!!

Kathy

I love pics from the parks as well. I am going to try my hand at doing a "live" TR while I'm on vacation! We'll see how it goes! :laughing:
So close! 2 days! oooohhhh I can't wait for the live TR. Will it be on this thread, or a new one? I'm gonna be watching.

Our vacation officially starts tomorrow, but our flight leaves tonight! Me and the fiance, my parents, and my sister and her crew are all flying out at 10pm tonight, and we'll arrive in FL at 5:20am! Should be interesting!

I can't believe it's actually here! I'm so excited! I'll be doing a TR, but I am not sure if I will have the stamina to do a live report or if it will have to wait for when I get back. I'm also not sure whether I will continue the post in here or do a new one, but I will figure it out!

Either way I am still trying to finish up homework. I won't get it all done before we go, unfortunately, so I will have some stuff to do while we're there. :sad1: BUT, this will probably be my last post on the board before we go, as I want to try to get as much done as possible before we leave.

Just wanna thank everyone who followed along with me, and stuck with me even when "real life" made it hard to update as much as I wanted to! And I can't wait to maybe see some of you on the 5th!

:woohoo: :dance3: I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! :dance3: :woohoo:

:maleficen :ccat: :simba: :donald: :stitch: :dumbo: :sulley: :tigger: :figment: :goofy: :hmghost: :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter