My first shut out (Remy's Ratatouille Adventure on Oct 2nd, 2021)

I'm wondering if they are dropping so few groups at 7 AM is because of time? Epcot opens at 10 (or 11) VS DHS usually opens at 9 AM - and that hour (or two) difference is a lot when you're trying to get people through a ride....

I'm wondering if they are dropping so few groups at 7 AM is because of time? Epcot opens at 10 (or 11) VS DHS usually opens at 9 AM - and that hour (or two) difference is a lot when you're trying to get people through a ride....
Yep, Epcot has been opening at 9 since 10/1

I did not get to ride Remy. At precisely 1:00pm and 1 second, I was given Back Up Group 180. According to my app, they only reached main Group 130… let alone back up 180.

Looks like I’ll have to come back… awww 😊

I was able to console myself with an evening dinner at Space 220. A reservation I did nab upon release for the reasons on my original post. So, no complaining about Disney here just because I missed a high demand ride. Win some, lose some.

Same, we were 181. I've never struck out with Rise, even March 2020. Glad we made a special trip down for the passholder preview. Hopefully after the weekend dies down, it will get easier.

I got 59 this morning. Thiugh it looks like it is currently down as they are not boarding. Not sure where they were at, but last time I looked about 45 min ago they were on 24

I did not get to ride Remy. At precisely 1:00pm and 1 second, I was given Back Up Group 180. According to my app, they only reached main Group 130… let alone back up 180.

Looks like I’ll have to come back… awww 😊

I was able to console myself with an evening dinner at Space 220. A reservation I did nab upon release for the reasons on my original post. So, no complaining about Disney here just because I missed a high demand ride. Win some, lose some.

Sorry you didn't get on Remy! But the positive, like you said, is you have another reason to go back.

Your post made me a little nervous though because I also do solo or couple trips and usually am able to plan everything, or navigate once there, with ease. But my solo trip in Novmeber is already feeling less planned out than usual! I had technical difficulties and lost two S220 ADRs and haven't been able to snag a couple other of my favs - but I'm going to try the lounges and see if I have luck! So I have a good solo plan for some new restaurants or favs (fingers crossed)!

But with the rides I really want to hit RoTR and Remy and feel like I have little control without FP. I guess RoTR now has standby right, so I could wait there and we'll see what Genie+ brings. The good thing is I'm not going until mid-November so maybe (another fingers crossed) there will be lower crowds than for the 50th week and more options!

I am staying Deluxe and there is an Epcot extended hours night, which seems perfect to hit Remy, but it's not listed as an open attraction during that time (which seems weird....it'd be a great perk for a late evening at Epcot)!

I"m guessing that they don't want a Harry Potter situation. We were there the week that Forbidden Journey opened and it was crazy. 7 hour line to get into Hogsmead then a 3 hour line for the ride. No shade and the line snaked from the entrance to Hogsmead all the way round to the Marvel area. I've never seen anything like it.
We were also in MK when 7DMT opened. 5 hour lines all day.
Virtual Queues are such a mistake on Disney's part. People are paying a lot of money to get here. For some, it's once in a life time. If they want to wait in an hours long line up for a ride, let them wait. A lottery is ridiculous from a customer service standpoint.

Virtual Queues are such a mistake on Disney's part. People are paying a lot of money to get here. For some, it's once in a life time. If they want to wait in an hours long line up for a ride, let them wait. A lottery is ridiculous from a customer service standpoint.
So true!

Sept 2020 during what is likely one of the slowest times at The World I couldn't get a Boarding Group for Rise on two different days. And on one day I got it but the ride broke down and my Group never came up.

Sept 2021 I was in DHS on the first day Rise went to Standby. The first few hours od the first day the line was an expected 125 minute wait but by 4PM the line was 35 minutes.

Left WDW today on a 10:30 flight and landed in NJ at 12:55. After being boarding group 181 last night and not getting called out of curiosity I opened the MDE at 1pm and for whatever reason I was able to join a boarding group - got 147. I had no idea that would happen!! I was not in Epcot at all today and didn’t have a park reservation or even have an available park ticket. Sorry I took it from someone else but I was only 1 person. That was definitely a Disney glitch. Sure do wish I was still there to use it

Attachments

• 7838D59B-8675-491D-8269-C3ADA83F4988.jpeg
    7838D59B-8675-491D-8269-C3ADA83F4988.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 26
Yeah good point, but FOP, Frozen, SDMT… they all got it done.
I agree completely. Maybe virtual was a good idea for RotR, but Ratatouille is not going to be any more popular, and probably less popular, than all of those rides you listed that did just fine without virtual queue.

I struck out this morning. I was able to get Rise twice in May using the same method. Darn! I guess I’ll try again at 1:00 and then again tomorrow at 7:00. If I strike out tomorrow too, I’ll just change my park reservation to AK. Park reservations are wide open.

Do you need to have an Epcot Park reservation for the 1PM boarding pass request?

Do you need to have an Epcot Park reservation for the 1PM boarding pass request?
Yes, as you must have entered Epcot prior to trying at 1. And hoppers can't hop until 2. Someone did report a glitch yesterday but I haven't seen any others like it.

Yes, as you must have entered Epcot prior to trying at 1. And hoppers can't hop until 2. Someone did report a glitch yesterday but I haven't seen any others like it.
We are AP holders we are going to stay for just one day/night and leaving the next morning. We mainly want to go to DHS for the day, but would like to try the new Ratatouille ride and attend the Extended Evening Hours. Since Ratatouille will not be available during the EEH, does it means we have to make reservations for Epcot and stop by there first? Are we allow to make a reservation for Epcot , try our luck to get the boarding pass, and if we don't get it, switch the park reservation to DHS on the day ?

We are AP holders we are going to stay for just one day/night and leaving the next morning. We mainly want to go to DHS for the day, but would like to try the new Ratatouille ride and attend the Extended Evening Hours. Since Ratatouille will not be available during the EEH, does it means we have to make reservations for Epcot and stop by there first? Are we allow to make a reservation for Epcot , try our luck to get the boarding pass, and if we don't get it, switch the park reservation to DHS on the day ?
Yes. You can make a reservation for Epcot, try for a BG at 7am. Then if you don't get it, you can switch to HS, if there is availability that is.

They literally just cloned a ride that's been operating just fine for 9 years, how in the world is it going down already? ROTR ok, it was new technology and a lot of moving parts (pun sort-of intended?), but this should be the most reliable new ride in the park because it's existed for so long already!

That's no different than saying each car that gets made is just a clone of the other thousands of same car they make so how can one break down. Trackless ride, lots of parts, lots of safety measures, etc. It's gonna go down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter