My first trip Q&A thread

NYIrunDisney

Mouseketeer
Hey all.

My wife and I are going to DL/DCA for the first time in November. We will be there for 4 days and have a few questions to ask. I figure this thread can act as a place where I centrally locate my answers.

First question: Do they offer fireworks/world of color dessert parties ala WDW? If so, are they worth it?

Thanks for the help all! I look forward to reading your responses and posting more in the future so as to feel ready to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
DCA: World of Color Dessert Party. DH and I have done this one twice. We really enjoyed it. There are tables and chairs. Each one seats four. The back row has high tables and chairs. It is assigned seating. If you're a couple, you will be seated with another couple. You'll stay at your table for the dessert party as well as the World of Color Show. The dessert party was definitely worth it for us. You are treated like VIP's and have a great view of the show. There are also dining packages for World of Color but you will need to stand in a reserved section for the show.

DL: Fantasmic! has dining packages.

DCA: World of Color Dessert Party. DH and I have done this one twice. We really enjoyed it. There are tables and chairs. Each one seats four. The back row has high tables and chairs. It is assigned seating. If you're a couple, you will be seated with another couple. You'll stay at your table for the dessert party as well as the World of Color Show. The dessert party was definitely worth it for us. You are treated like VIP's and have a great view of the show. There are also dining packages for World of Color but you will need to stand in a reserved section for the show.

DL: Fantasmic! has dining packages.

Thank you!

WOC is currently down for an unknown amount of time--at least past the end of the year, so no dessert parties or WOC at all. They do have Fantasmic dining packages.

<edited>

First question: Do they offer fireworks/world of color dessert parties ala WDW?
Fireworks are in Disneyland
The only dining package for the fireworks is the Tomorrowland Skylounge Dining Experience
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/tomorrowland-skyline-lounge/

Fantasmic is in Disneyland
There are dining meal packages for the reserved viewing area. These viewing areas are at the front. You eat at a restaurant during the day and get a ticket for the viewing area. The standard meal packages sit on the ground in the front viewing sections.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

The VIP RiverBelle Terrace Dining Package gets you seating in a proper chair in a reservered viewing section which is further pack from the water

After the first Fantasmic show, the Castle projections are shown on the water fountains and the fireworks can be seen from the Fantasmic viewing areas.

World of Colour is in California Adventures
There are meal dining packages and dessert parties.
The meal dining packages are where you eat at a resturant during the day and get a ticket for the front viewing sections. The viewing sections for the world of colour resturant dining packages are standing
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dining/

The desert party is in a viewing section, You sit at a table during World of Colour and get the food and drinks brought to you
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/

If so, are they worth it?
that depends
the Fantasmic standard yes I would say are worth it, as the viewing sections are right at front and center. The standby or general fastpass sections are not near the water

Tomorrowland Skylounge I would say no. You are no where near the castle and would only get an off center view of the fireworks

World of Color Dining, yes, even though its standing, again its a better viewing section location than fastpass
World of colour dessert, honestly to me no, Id prefer to have a proper meal than just a snack for that price

<edited>

WOC is currently down for an unknown amount of time--at least past the end of the year, so no dessert parties or WOC at all. They do have Fantasmic dining packages.
Where did you see that WOC won’t be back before the end of the year? I’m just curious because any reports I’ve seen suggest it could return late 2018.

I’m OP, if WOC is running when you’re there, the dessert party is definitely worth it! We love having treats, drinks and a seat to enjoy the show. The dining packages are very good as well but we prefer actual seating for the show and less crowds. We’re headed back at the end of November and I’m hoping to book the dessert party for the third time if it’s available.
We enjoyed our F! dining package as well but I’m a sucker for anything that makes watching a show/parade/fireworks easier and less crowded so I always opt for a dining/dessert package if I can.

First question: Do they offer fireworks/world of color dessert parties ala WDW? If so, are they worth it?
1. Yes for WOC and Paint the Night (if either are running then.) Rumor has WOC down until late 2018 (which I have read to be late November, if that early.) And rumor has it that Paint the Night won't run once the Festival of Holidays is set up.

<edited>

Where did you see that WOC won’t be back before the end of the year? I’m just curious because any reports I’ve seen suggest it could return late 2018.

I’m OP, if WOC is running when you’re there, the dessert party is definitely worth it! We love having treats, drinks and a seat to enjoy the show. The dining packages are very good as well but we prefer actual seating for the show and less crowds. We’re headed back at the end of November and I’m hoping to book the dessert party for the third time if it’s available.
We enjoyed our F! dining package as well but I’m a sucker for anything that makes watching a show/parade/fireworks easier and less crowded so I always opt for a dining/dessert package if I can.
I don't remember where I heard or read it. Honestly, I'm on about 4 different Disney boards, and countless blog/vlogs for Disney news. I looked up the "official" time, which says "late 2018." However I remember hearing/reading something about that timeline being iffy.

Hey all.

My wife and I are going to DL/DCA for the first time in November. We will be there for 4 days and have a few questions to ask. I figure this thread can act as a place where I centrally locate my answers.

Thanks for the help all! I look forward to reading your responses and posting more in the future so as to feel ready to go!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/refurbishments-closings.htm
This will give you an idea of the list of closures

We LOVED the WOC Dessert Party and were completely and utterly bummed when we learned that we wouldn't be able to do it when we were there six weeks ago. We definitely intend to do it again next time we have a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter