My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov. 14 TR RL UPDATE 7/12 Pg. 22

Woohoo can't wait to read this one. Love your TRs. Yippee I'm number 1 never had that happen before.

Yay for being number 1! It's always so awesome when that happens. :lmao:

Checking in, can't wait to read all about this trip. :cool1:

I'm glad you're here!

joining! Thanks for clarifying which one was you in the picture ;)

Looking forward to this entire trip report ..... but mostly the food and wine festival :thumbsup2

Well, you know I had to make sure people weren't confused or anything.

Hopefully I can provide enough detail on F&W. :thumbsup2 We went for the first three days, since they were actually the last three days of the festival.

Hoppin' on the crazy train!

Yay! I'm glad you're here.

Whoo Hoo! Can't wait for another one of your adventures!

Welcome Ariana! I'm glad that you're following along. :goodvibes

Yeah! Another Danielle trip report! Can't wait!! :goodvibes

:welcome: I'm glad you're here!

I am ALL ABOARRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!

:rotfl2:

Toot toot! :rotfl2:

I wouldn't miss it popcorn::

Yay! Thanks Dawn! :hug:

All aboard your crazy train. Can't wait to hear how much fun you had.

I'm glad you're here! We're fortunate that we always have fun together.

I just got an email saying that you tried sending a PM, but my inbox was full. Whoops! I came directly to the TR board to see if you had started a new one, and here it is! YAYYY!!!

I had never seen that before! Haha. I'm glad at least it sent you something. :goodvibes

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about this trip, and I'm hoping I can keep up this time and get myself back on the DIS!

I'm glad you're here Jen. Just catch up when you can, it's all good.

Danielle, I am here, and I will get back when I can. Thanks for the bat signal.

I'm back...as I went back to read the intros.

I think you are right...Popadon is more famous than THAT woman. But to be honest, I was most anxious to meet you.

I love your family and I can't wait to read all about this trip. xo

Yay Kathy!

Awww, thanks. :blush: He really does rub in the fact that people want to meet him. All the time. It's pretty funny. :rotfl2:

Hi Danielle!

I stumbled on your TR, and you've hooked me already ... I'm excited for a ride on the crazy train! (then again, my life is a crazy train, so it must be the familiarity that drew me in :)).

I'm looking forward to reading about all of your crazy adventures!

:welcome: I'm glad you're here! My family is very silly, so it gets a little nutty sometimes. Plus the things my Pop says just cracks me up sometimes.

I'm here I'm here!!! This is gonna be fun. :D

Yay! Glad you're here Marissa.

I'm in!

Jill in CO

Hi! DD10 says we should join your train! And the fact that she's trying to extend her break from homework has nothing to do with it.popcorn:::banana:

Tell your DD I greatly appreciate it! And I understand completely that it has nothing to do with homework procrastination. :rotfl2:

Loved your last trip report, can't wait to read all about this trip!!!

Great intros!

:cool1:

I'm glad you're here Dee!

Well... Of course I'm in! (Thanks for the bat signal btw!) So excited for another Danielle and crew TR and to be perfectly honest, I would be much more excited to meet you than Popadon (not to say I wouldn't be excited to meet him), but the excitement would be above his. Just so you know.

Can't wait to hear all about this trip! :mickeyjum

P.S. The photo of your mom on Primeval Whirl is perf.

Of course Timmy! Aww, thanks! Someday maybe we'll be in Disney at the same time.

Hahaha, my Mom was absolute perfection on that ride. Those photos will go down in history.

I'm in!! Thanks for the bat signal!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Of course! I'm glad you're here!

Yay!

I'm here! I can't wait to live vicariously through you for Food and Wine. It was sooooooo hard not going this year!

I know, it's so hard when you're not there and others are. I feel like that with F&W all the time, because I don't get to go as often due to work schedule during that time.

Looking forward to your TR:thumbsup2

So excited for this!

Me too! :rotfl2:

One ticket for the crazy train, please! :rotfl2:

Excited for the new TR - I saw FB updates while I was at Aulani, but I must admit I was a bit distracted, so looking forward to the full report. And I think I might pull a page from your playbook and do more than one TR at a time...I'm seriously considering doing August WDW & Nov. Aulani at once...and throw in June WDW when Lauren and I are ready to collaborate on it. Oh, and I'll have to start a May PTR sometime, since that trip is set to happen now. Hope to see you there! We'll tentatively be there until Memorial Day or the day after! :cool1:

You had every reason to be distracted! I would have been too if I was in Hawaii! Once you get used to doing more than one, it's not so bad. I have so many trips coming up, I might be running an obnoxious amount. I haven't decided yet what I am going to do. We'll see. :rotfl2:

Yay! We will be there from May 21st to the 25th, so we're leaving on Memorial Day. :goodvibes

Looks like a very fun crowd! I'm in to see where it goes! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Hope you enjoy it. ;)

Hi Danielle! Thanks for the bat signal! Looking forward to another crazy TR

Hi Nina! I'm glad that you're here.

Yay!!!! I'm here! I can't wait! I love your family!

Awww, thanks! I can't wait until we see each other in January!

I'm looking forward to reading about your latest trip. :goodvibes

I'm glad you're here!

Who wouldn't want to jump on the crazy train with your fam?! Great pictures already. I'm looking forward to your pictures of the Lodges! We will be staying at AKL for the first time in February.

Hahaha. Maybe sane people? :confused3:rotfl2:

You'll definitely enjoy AKL. We were only there for one night, so I didn't get too many pictures. We were sped tired.

Joining in! :surfweb:

I'm glad you're here! You're leaving for your trip soon too! :goodvibes

Thank you for sending out the bat signal, Danielle. :thumbsup2

Great start, and a new character thrown into the mix! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more adventures by PopaDon, Mom and Dani. Hope it's okay I called you that. :eek: :laughing:

Of course! I'm glad that you're here! You can call me Dani, it's totally fine. ;)

Yay!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :banana:

Glad you're here. :goodvibes

Of course I'm joining in! Your intro was perfect :rotfl: Can't wait to hear all about the shenanigans!!

Yay, I'm glad you're here! I wish we would have had the opportunity to meet up while we were there. I can't wait to hear about your trip too!

I'm here! Can't wait to read about your trip. From your FB posts, it sounds like it was a fun time all around.:thumbsup2

I'm glad you're here Alicia! We had a great time, and I can't wait to tell everyone about it.

wouldn't miss it!

Yay! :goodvibes

Joining the crazy train! Love your reports and can't wait to follow along on this one!

I'm glad you're here for this one to!

Love all of your TR's!! Following along!!!

:welcome: I'm glad that you're here!

Following along! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Yay! Thanks for following along. I'm glad you're here.

Hooray Crazy Train!!!

Woo hoo! Toot toot on the crazy train!

Well CRAP!!! I was hoping for a Mickey Medal and I'm not even close. But whatever... Still Here!!! :goodvibes

Awwww, Rob. :worried: No Mickey Medal today. But I'm still super happy that you're here. :goodvibes

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

I'm glad you're here!

I'm in! I've lurked on all of you past reports and can't wait to read this one!

I'm glad that you're not lurking anymore and that you've decided to comment. :goodvibes

Whoohoo! Love your trip reviews! :cool1:

Thanks! I'm glad you're following along.

I'm along for the ride again. Great hearing about both trips at the same time!!! Can't wait to hear about new shenanigans!!

I'm glad you're here! Hopefully the shenanigans will live up to expectations.

Ok, going to be a legit reader instead of a lurker this time (I was way late to the party last time).

Excited to see what happens this trip!

Yay! I've been way late to TR's before too, and don't hop on because of being so far behind. I'm glad you've hopped on board this one.

I'll stop lurking. I enjoyed following you on instagram and can't wait for the details! And I <3 Popadon!

I'm so glad you aren't lurking anymore!

Hahaha, there's a lot of Popadon love going around. :rotfl2:

Another Donald Duck fan joining in!

Woo hoo! Love Donald so much! Although oddly enough I don't meet him too often. :lmao:

I'm obviously in....
I'll do my best to keep up!! :)

Keep up as you can my friend. You're busy down there. :goodvibes

Youse people are crazy - I like crazy
One ticket for the train, please :goodvibes

Yay! We like crazy too!

I'm following along :)

:welcome: I'm glad you're here.

All subbed up!

Thanks for joining!

Joining in. Your title made me snort - can't wait to hear the story behind it.

Hahahaha. Yeah, the title is just one of the many possible trip report titles that we came across on this trip.

I'm joining the party! And Go Pack Go!

YYYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!! GO PACK GO! I'm glad you're joining the party. :goodvibes

I'm in! I made it into the tail end of your TR from 2 trips ago, so I'm excited to read about this one!

I'm glad you've joined!

You had me at Popadon and then brought it home with eating school bread off the ground. Can't wait to hear more!

Popadon is always the draw, but eating school bread off the ground can certainly seal the deal. :rotfl2:

I'M HERE!!! Can't wait to read all about it! My mom and I both loved all the Insta updates.

For what it's worth, as much as I love Popadon, I def want to meet you more.

That pic of your mom on Primeval Whirl is probably my favorite picture in the history of TRs.

And happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Yay, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed!

Awww, thanks! I want to meet you more too!

I'll have to tell my Mom that she's becoming DIS famous too. She definitely did some keeper photos on this trip too. Some of which we won't be able to see at first, because we're not getting the photos from Memory Maker right away. I'm downloading my photos logically so I can get in the 30 day window after download, so I can take advantage of one memory maker 2 trips. :rotfl2:

Thanks so much Kathy.

I am on board. I personally think you may have the coolest parents around!

:welcome: and thanks! I'll share that with my parents. They love it when people think they're cool.

I am on board. I personally think you may have the coolest parents around!

Thank you so much. I think we have the coolest ever daughter too. Love her to pieces and love taking trips with her. We always have a blast together. Can't wait for the Mother/Daughter trip coming up at the end of December and meeting some new DIS member too. :thumbsup2pixiedust:

Hey Danielle!! Can't wait to read this one as well; I'm sure it will be lots of fun. I will probably lurk more, as I don't have a trip coming up and am slacking on my own trip report coupled with a LOT going on in my life! :) But I WILL lurk!

Yay! A new trip report. I find it completely acceptable that since I haven't started planning my next trip I am totally okay with reading yours...so you have to keep going on them and writing about them! You do it very well! P.S. is the pic with Gaston new? Did you change your hair back to blond?

Thank you so much. I think we have the coolest ever daughter too. Love her to pieces and love taking trips with her. We always have a blast together. Can't wait for the Mother/Daughter trip coming up at the end of December and meeting some new DIS member too. :thumbsup2pixiedust:

Awww, thanks Momma! We're gonna have a great time over New Years. :thumbsup2

I'm so excited to read your trip report!!!

:welcome: I'm glad that you're here!

Hey Danielle!! Can't wait to read this one as well; I'm sure it will be lots of fun. I will probably lurk more, as I don't have a trip coming up and am slacking on my own trip report coupled with a LOT going on in my life! :) But I WILL lurk!

No worries at all, lurk away. Life is definitely more important than the DIS.

Yay! A new trip report. I find it completely acceptable that since I haven't started planning my next trip I am totally okay with reading yours...so you have to keep going on them and writing about them! You do it very well! P.S. is the pic with Gaston new? Did you change your hair back to blond?

Hahaha, of course it's acceptable to read!

The pic with Gaston is new and my hair is back to blonde. But we repeated the picture we had taken before, so it can be confusing.

Can't wait to read the new trip report!

Hi everyone! We are going to talk about my travel day. Oh joy. It was so exciting and fun.

NOT!

But, you know for the continuity of our story, it has to be told.

Before I get started though, I wanted to talk about the importance of a trip report title to me. Let me tell you, I deliberate for quite some time before deciding what I'm going to title my TR. First and foremost, it has to be funny. Because I think a funny TR title represents who I am and what kind of report you're going to be reading. It wouldn't be fair if I titled the TR something like "the most amazing trip ever!" and then I start hammering you with sarcasm, crazy GIFs, and memes. That would be misleading. ::yes::

We will get to the point where I will share with you where the TR title came from, but when that point arrives, we'll discuss.

Some other TR title's that I toyed with:

"Danielle Eats School Bread Off The Ground"
"Juicy Raisins! Juicy Raisins! So Juicy!"
"Excuse Me. Can I Pet Your Monkey?"
"That Looks Like Jesus!"

And yes, in case you're wondering, I will discuss all of these title options as we reach them in the TR. You'll know all the grimy details regarding what happened, and why on earth we said things like this.

I promise. Scouts honor.

Departure Day - Friday November 7, 2014

Yay, departure day! Man, let me tell you, I had toyed with taking this day off. Like, Thursday the 6th I was still sitting there thinking "what shall I do?"

I decided to work. I know.

I worked 7am to 3:30pm. Our flight wasn't leaving until 8:30pm from Milwaukee, so I figured that gave me plenty of time to get my last minute stuff together and then we would head out.

Of course, when I should have been working, I took a picture of my Disney Jamberry nails, and posted it on social media.

You know when you wish you could go backwards and decide to do things differently? This day was one of those. I wish that I could have taken that day off in retrospect, because it did not go well for me.

I was super frustrated, as I came across some mistakes that I had made during our close earlier that week. Stupid me! So I had to share them with my boss. And then everyone and their mother is all:

Danielle! Danielle! Danielle! Danielle!

Like 2 hours before I'm supposed to leave for the day!

It took everything in my power not to run out of the office screaming. And at that point in time, I was regretting my decision not to take the day off. Ugh.

Finally! 3:30pm arrived.

Sorry, Picard memes are just perfect.

I texted Julia when I left to let her know that I was on my way to pick her up. She was staying at her parents house for the week, so I told her I would be there in about 20 minutes.

Her Dad was already waiting outside when I got there to load her suitcase into my car. He's a good Dad. :goodvibes Before we headed to get the P's, we stopped at CVS first for a few last minute things that Julia needed.

So we got to the house around 4pm, which was perfect timing. We wanted to hit the road a little early to avoid traffic, and that would give us the opportunity to eat a more relaxed dinner at the airport before leaving.

However, in true Popadon fashion, he tried to rush me when I got to the house into finishing up my stuff. Like we had to leave that minute. I am not the kind of person that does well when someone rushes me.

Basically, I'll just dig my heels in. Which then of course Pop says I'm crabby, and I say he's crabby. Forever and ever. Hahahaha.

Cheer up! We're going to Disney!

We made it out the door at about 4:30pm, which is when I anticipated we were going to leave. Perfect timing.

About 20 minutes into our 40 minute drive to the airport, I get the dreaded email from Southwest.

That's right. Our flight was delayed an hour. D'oh!

Rather than turning around or diverting, we just continued onward to the airport, because I mean for real. What else were we going to do with ourselves? Sit at another place and wait? I'd rather get my baggage checked in at the airport and then take my time eating there.

We arrived at the airport and got amazing parking in the parking garage. Like first space next to the entrance to the terminal parking. Score! Listen, in the Midwest, this is huge! It's November, so the weather is shoddy at best. You don't know if it's going to be 50 or 15 degrees outside. So the closer the car, the better.

When we got down to the Southwest desk to check our baggage, the employees were awesome.

If I haven't sung the praises of the Milwaukee airport again, I'm going to do it one more time. The people that work there are great, they are always pleasant and nice. And because I technically live smack dab in the middle of O'Hare and Milwaukee, I always defer to flying out of Milwaukee.

This exchange with the Southwest employees was no different. The girl at the counter told us that we were her people, because we were wearing our Packer gear. She then told her co-worker that we were her people, and called him out as a 49ers fan.

I told him that I was very sorry about the fact that he was a 49ers fan. I also shared with him what I call Colin Kaepernick.

Just replace the N in his last name with a D.

You're welcome. I hate that guy! And my hate for him has nothing to do with my team. I just think he's a tool to the nth degree!

So anyway, I tell the Southwest guy his new name, and he looks at me with complete and utter shock. And the girl starts laughing uncontrollably and gives me the biggest high five ever! And also said that I was her favorite person of life.

The other Southwest guy tells me that he might ACCIDENTALLY drop my bag really hard on the conveyor belt after he tags it. I told him he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

I love my Milwaukee airport employees. :lmao:

They reminded us that our flight was delayed, and we told them we were already aware of it. They wished us a good trip and we were on our way upstairs. In the airport, before you head through TSA, there is a Milwaukee Brewhouse restaurant that has pretty good food, so we headed in there to eat before leaving.

We got seats and clearly everyone was thrilled to be there.

Well, at least Julia looked pretty happy to be there.

The server asked us if we were going to a Packer game, because we were all dressed in Packer gear. We said no, but that we liked to wear it when we traveled. She laughed and said that in Milwaukee that was a very common occurrence. Of course it is.

Since it was vacation for me already, I figured I would start it the right way.

Spotted Cow. Ooooohhhhhh yeah.

I am not sure what's going on with him here, but it's worth documenting. It wouldn't be one of my TR's if I didn't.

Mom and I both ordered a tomato, bacon, and cheese grilled sandwich.

Pop ordered a fried cod dinner and Julia ordered a cheeseburger. The food was very good, so if you ever fly out of that airport, I recommend it if you have time to spare. It's much better than eating some stupid fast food. Which Milwaukee airport doesn't have a lot of anyway.

We took our time eating and then headed to TSA. Mom got TSA pre-check and the rest of us didn't.

So she goes through the pre-check line and is rubbing it in our faces. To which I say:

"It makes no difference that you're pre-check, cause you still have to wait for us!"

Shut.......down.

And wait she did. For about 5 minutes, because for real, TSA at Milwaukee takes absolutely no time at all. The funny thing is, when she was rubbing in the fact that she was pre-check, the lady in front of me said that same thing to me, that Mom was going to have to wait for us on the other side anyway.

By the way, I yelled across the crowd of people that my Mom was just going to have to wait for us anyway. That's how my family rolls. By attempting to embarrass others around you.

Soon, we got to our gate and just set up shop and waited for our boarding time.

And I took a picture of Yeti out of boredom.

We boarded the plane at 9:20pm. As luck would have it, Julia and I didn't have anyone sit in between us, so we were pretty stoked. Even though they kept saying it was a full flight.

You think Mom was excited?

Continued in next post:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter