my free dining reviews 9/18-9/26

hulagirl87

DIS Veteran
we did the dining plan for the first time and boy were we not expecting the amount of food that we got. Towards the end of the trip we were getting so stuffed! but we walked it right off, and with the heat, we sweated it right off too!!!

9/19 - Liberty Tree Tavern. we had a blast here. the food was good and the green beans were amazing! the character interaction was incredible here too! we ended up being one of magic kingdoms chosen families of the day and they brought us an unbirthday cake! it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip, and the cake was amazing!

9/20 - breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Everything was yummy here. Mickey waffles! yea! the fruit was so fresh we got a couple platefuls of that.

9/21 - lunch at 50's prime time. it was ok. I usually really like this restaurant, but it was nothing to rave about this time. I know that your server is supposed to give you a hard time, but this is the first time that I noticed that if you are on the dining plan the kind of "ignore" you. Not my favorite. I do recommend the peanut butter and jelly shake though!

9/22 - breakfast at Ohanas. again, ok. same situation with our server. as soon as you mention "dining plan" poof, there goes your server... breakfast was ok though and again the fresh fruit was amazing!

9/23 - Donalds Breakfastsauraus. Nothing fancy here. The table we sat at was in the back and it was very dark. We didn't really like the food here. We won't do this again.

9/24 - dinner at 1900 park fare. this buffet is fantastic! they have a lot to choose from and the character interaction is fun too! highly recommended.

9/25 - lunch at sci fi. i had ordered the barbeque chicken sandwich and asked if i could substitute fries for something else. the server said yes and i picked something else. then my meal got delivered by a different server and it had fries. i decided not to complain and just eat the sandwich (which was really good!) but then our original server commented that i should try to eat more of my meal next time.... whatever.... i love the setting there and will eat there again.

9/26 - breakfast at crystal palace. fun! they have waffles with pooh, tigger and piglet imprinted on them and really good puffed french toast. yum! our server was really nice. halfway through the meal she asked if we were on the dining plan. we said yes and then didn't see her again for about 20 minutes...

all in all we enjoyed all our meals. our favorite counter service was definitely flame tree bbq at animal kingdom. cosmic rays was a close second.

any questions feel free to ask! sorry so long! I miss it already and I just got back last night! :teeth:

Thanks for sharing. Have been hearing good reviews lately on Liberty Tavern and that is the one place we have not gone too. Will have to put that on the list for next years trip. :)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Makes me a bit worried to hear people getting not so great treatment once they let them know they are on the ddp. We have the dining plan, and also are paying oop for a few meals. I am nervous now about using the plan if you get treated badly or ignored for being on it. :bride: :groom:

To the OP, I am sorry you're service wasn't great for you.

We went to Kona Cafe (ask for Greg) Boatwright's (? can't' remember her name) and Crystal Palace (Gwen) last month and all 3 servers spent much time explaining entrees (or the buffet offerings) to us even after telling them we were on the dining plan (free). The servers always checked back with us, refilled drinks without asking and bussed the tables accordingly. (As a server myself, I look for and expect these things)

Our service and food was excellent and I left addt'l gratuities at every restaurant. I wish you would have experencied the same, there's no excuse for poor service. I only hope you mentioned this to mgmt.

i will be on the DDP when we go in 6 days, i want somebody to explain to me why SOMETIMES the serves run away, it my understanding that they get 18% when 20% is norm, is it because they know they are getting 18% period..

has anybody complained to the manager while they are eating there meal, saying something like.

Been setting here 20 mins need a refil on drink, is it because im on the DDP and the server knows he/she is getting 18% no matter what.....

man i must be in a mood today..... :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter