• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My free Spotify account was hacked...WHY??

scrump

<font color=royalblue>so the decision has been mad
Hi gang,

I don't post a ton, but pop in every now and then. Thought this question might be interesting to pose to this group.

My free spotify account was hacked. Recently noticed a bunch of activity that wasn't mine - and later found out wasn't from anyone in my family - so I got suspicious and had Spotify handle (which they did).

This happened a few weeks ago, but it's been on my mind...why would you bother hacking a free (not Premium) account? They went through a lot of trouble saving and creating playlists that they could easily have done on their own free account. I know I am missing something, so was wondering what people's thoughts were.

Again, not a huge issue at all, just curious.

I font know what your refering to but i have permium and the service makes list for me one is seasonal and one is a list of songs i play the most

They probably had no idea it was a free account when they gained access. Please change all your passwords immediately FOR EVERY SITE you have an account for. You will start to see various accounts accessed soon. They have some of your info on the dark web and they will continue to get into every account you have till they find something to extort or profit off of. They hoped Spotify was not free and that a cc was linked to it. Since they did get what they wanted they are testing the waters by making changes to see how perspective you are.

My premium account was hacked in to - no cc linked thankfully since it is part of a family account with a different main account. Changed my password right away and logged in via a browser to sign it off all devices. Super annoying too because it really messes with your recommended songs!

They probably had no idea it was a free account when they gained access. Please change all your passwords immediately FOR EVERY SITE you have an account for. You will start to see various accounts accessed soon. They have some of your info on the dark web and they will continue to get into every account you have till they find something to extort or profit off of. They hoped Spotify was not free and that a cc was linked to it. Since they did get what they wanted they are testing the waters by making changes to see how perspective you are.

I did not consider this. Thanks so much for pointing out.

Thanks for the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter