My Heart is Broken

Donna, I am so sorry and I apologize for not seeing this sooner.

I don't know if you remember, but we met you and your DH, as well as your daughter and grandchildren on the Disney Wonder June 25 - July 2 Alaska cruise last summer.

DD and I had lunch with you and your husband up at the Beach Blanket Buffet. We had a great time talking about Disney World. It was a fantastic cruise, and I am just devastated to hear of your loss.

Donna gave us a "Disney for Families" guidebook as a part of the Fish Extenders exchange. I remembered her just recently because I shared that guidebook with my sister, who took her family to Disney World just a few weeks ago - February 14 - 18. They had a great time, and the guidebook was very helpful.

I am so sorry, Janet. :sad1:

I am a medical professional, and I am VERY concerned about this.

Here in our hospital, it is often the other way - autopsies are encouraged, but we respect the family's wishes if they do not want one.

But they are NEVER refused, if requested, and the family is NEVER, EVER charged for them.

Here is a link to our autopsy service:
http://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/path_handbook/Appendix/AnatomicPath/autopsy.html

Note the following:

And:

PLEASE contact the Orange County Medical Examiner's office as soon as possible about this.

Again, please accept our deepest condolences on your loss. :sad1:

I do remember you. We had a great cruise. My DH had always wanted to go to Alaska so I am glad he got to do this. Thank you for your kind words.

I am sorry that my posts were long. It helps me to talk about it. I just wanted to share this last piece of info. I picked up the Death Certificate on Saturday and after reading it went back into the funeral home and expressed my anger. There is a form that the Doctors office had to fill out stating cause of death. Most of what they put down was OK. I looked to the right side of the Death Certificate and there was a statement that said "Did tobacco use contribute to death? They put down probably. My DH never smoked a day in his life. He never even took a puff of a cigarette.

Now I have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks to get an amended certificate and I can't file for his life insurance until I get it. I called the Doctor on his cell phone and expressed my unhappiness with this mistake. He apologized and admitted it was a mistake. He said he would pay for the 4 new copies I need. The insurance company could have denied his benefits based on the fact that he lied when he applied for the insurance and said he never smoked. I am so glad I saw this. A lesson learned to make sure you read everything on important documents.

Again, thank you for letting me express myself.

So sad that you're having to police everyone during this difficult time. :grouphug:

I am sorry that my posts were long. It helps me to talk about it. I just wanted to share this last piece of info. I picked up the Death Certificate on Saturday and after reading it went back into the funeral home and expressed my anger. There is a form that the Doctors office had to fill out stating cause of death. Most of what they put down was OK. I looked to the right side of the Death Certificate and there was a statement that said "Did tobacco use contribute to death? They put down probably. My DH never smoked a day in his life. He never even took a puff of a cigarette.

Now I have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks to get an amended certificate and I can't file for his life insurance until I get it. I called the Doctor on his cell phone and expressed my unhappiness with this mistake. He apologized and admitted it was a mistake. He said he would pay for the 4 new copies I need. The insurance company could have denied his benefits based on the fact that he lied when he applied for the insurance and said he never smoked. I am so glad I saw this. A lesson learned to make sure you read everything on important documents.

Again, thank you for letting me express myself.

Unbelieveable. :sad2:

So sorry, Donna. :guilty:

Please come here to express your feelings as much as you want. I'm sure there will always be a sympathetic ear.

I just happened upon this thread and wanted to send my condolences also.
Thank you for this. This past week or so has been harder for both my mom and I. We think it is becoming a bit more real, at least it is for me. They are having a special service on Memorial Day where he was buried that we will be attending. It is hard to believe it has been 2.5 months. I miss him terribly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter