My Letter to disney

OctoPie

Magus Conjurer-beat that tag fairy!
Dear Disney and whoever else it make concern,

Hello. A week ago I had an idea and I actually think it will work;my idea is that with the help of VMK'ers and GDPOT we can re-create VMK. We need your permission, we know you have a paten, but VMK is sadly closed. The way it will work is we use your database coding and code it into the VMK world GDPOT has already made, GDPOT never intended it to be a game. We will not create new items just every item in the database that we can find we will use and give to all the players when they join. This will not be breaking your copyrighted work, we will give all the credit to you. I know once people hear about this they will be very delighted. If all of us pitch in we can create VMK again. if they are any changes you want us to make to VMK please contact me at joshadam@fastmail.fm, I can give these requests to GDPOT. We are just asking from the bottom of your hearts let us re-make our once known as home.

EDIT: I am not done, with this letter I still have more to write, once we get a reply from Disney we can send a letter to GDPOT. oh and if you would like to help me with the letters please do so LOl

:upsidedow This letter is reasonable, and politly putting the saying "GIVE ME VMK BACK!!!" into a terms that Disney would more likely read, I think its a great letter and lets hope that disney likes the idea!

It's a good letter but let me remind you that even if Disney gave over any coding (very unlikely!), GPDOT probably wouldn't have the time or money to recreate VMK. You will just have to accept it's gone.. since we all know how Disney acts to copyright..

It's a good letter but let me remind you that even if Disney gave over any coding (very unlikely!), GPDOT probably wouldn't have the time or money to recreate VMK. You will just have to accept it's gone.. since we all know how Disney acts to copyright..

no we have the database

I love how you are trying to do this, but I do agree that I don't think Disney will give in. Besides, even if Disney DOES give in, I don't think GPDOT will do it.

This will never be, nor was it meant to be, a MMOG
(Massive Multi-player Online Game) as was VMK;
it is just a way of remembering VMK.

no we have the database

You can't just slap the database down and have a game

But you can if you have all of the swf files, and do a little coding to get them to work together

I do ;)

I sent a PM to aengus and a few others once with what I "caught" in my cache

I'll send it to you

no we have the database

It wont work, just don't get your hopes too high, this is Disney we're dealing with..
Unless you want to assemble the coding yourself, then go ahead. Just don't ask GPDOT, he's already got enough request.

Time or money? You can code a source to a game with just using an internet connection, many private servers out there have sources created within 4 months of the person coding it. With more then 1 person it can go faster. Plus if you have the source you can make your own database, not that hard since most of the database functions should be in the source.

Goofy may I see what you caught in your cache?

Time or money? You can code a source to a game with just using an internet connection, many private servers out there have sources created within 4 months of the person coding it. With more then 1 person it can go faster. Plus if you have the source you can make your own database, not that hard since most of the database functions should be in the source.

Goofy may I see what you caught in your cache?

Please, just don't bring back the idea of VMK ever being able to be recreated again.. We abandoned this thread for a reason.. VMK is dead, there will be no reopening of VMK. Anyone who still has "hope and belief" in VMK reopening should really get a reality check. It's not like VMK just closed yesterday, it was a few months ago and it seems pretty clear that it's dead.

Please, just don't bring back the idea of VMK ever being able to be recreated again.. We abandoned this thread for a reason.. VMK is dead, there will be no reopening of VMK. Anyone who still has "hope and belief" in VMK reopening should really get a reality check. It's not like VMK just closed yesterday, it was a few months ago and it seems pretty clear that it's dead.

Now look, honesly i've know quite well the reality of vmk not coming back, you think I don't. I can't have hope? Just because you think it's dead doesn't mean I have too. I haven't lost hope and i'm not gonna let people crush that. You can go about and give up hope, but don't try to make me or anyone else.

Now look, honesly i've know quite well the reality of vmk not coming back, you think I don't. I can't have hope? Just because you think it's dead doesn't mean I have too. I haven't lost hope and i'm not gonna let people crush that. You can go about and give up hope, but don't try to make me or anyone else.

Maybe I should have wrote that in a more suggestive manner, well anyways, go ahead have all the hope you want but I wouldn't get them up high. As for it being dead, I still think I'm right on that one. I hope Disney never opens the gates to VMK again, hopefully the game will be taken down completely soon. Disney can never close anything properly.

Maybe I should have wrote that in a more suggestive manner, well anyways, go ahead have all the hope you want but I wouldn't get them up high. As for it being dead, I still think I'm right on that one. I hope Disney never opens the gates to VMK again, hopefully the game will be taken down completely soon. Disney can never close anything properly.

you hope they never open again?!
wowww.
i think you're insane. lol.

If someone were to make their own client disney coudn't do anything, When private servers for the PAY to play game ragnorok or whatever came and the company tried to file law suits but lost, since the client was created by someone else and private servers legally exist now for that game.

If someone were to make their own client disney coudn't do anything, When private servers for the PAY to play game ragnorok or whatever came and the company tried to file law suits but lost, since the client was created by someone else and private servers legally exist now for that game.

I'm not sure if Disney would lose though..

It never hurts to ask. :thumbsup2 The least thing disney can do is say no but i think if enough people wrote to disney with this idea they might reconsider the offer. You never know. It says on the disney website for vmk that have are not opening it right now but that doesn't mean they won't change their minds. I think if we proved to them that we are willing to pay to play it or run it ourselves they might go for it.

You're right, it never hurts to ask. But, a few things to think about....

Disney owned VMK, and operated VMK. They hired professionally trained moderators and developers as their paid employees. They may not want to give their game database over to someone who they do not positively trust and know. Another thing is, this is the Walt Disney Company; where they want it to be as safe as absolutely possible. Since on their homepage it says "Wait until you see what we are imagining next :)" this may be another online chatting game. Maybe not VMK, but an online chatting game. But, I do would like to point out how if they make one it may or may not be free. As all the money in making a "video game" or "MMORG" or whatever you want to call it, is mainly spent at the begginning. They need some money for game designers, servers, staff, etc.;but, when it's all done they usually get the money back from charging their players/members for the game. Mainly, that's how Disney works.

Once again, you're right... it never hurts to ask! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter