• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My listening skills are poor.

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
I was listening to Rino's news in one of the D23 podcasts (that were so informative btw) where he mentioned that Playstation was coming out with some really excellent Star Wars games.

I like Pete, probably worse than Pete, am really terrible at gaming. For one thing, I get "seasick" when I play first person ones on my Xbox. But I am very much intrigued and interested in Star Wars, so much so I'd get a Playstation 4 to play these and maybe give my Xbox to my grandsons.

But Playstation virgin that I am, I want to be sure I understood Rino's correctly ... That would be that Playstation has exclusive rights to SW games and that, even though a special console is coming out I could purchase these games and play them on any Playstation 4?

Will there be a way to pre order them?

He was talking about a playatation 4 with a darth vader design on it. It's no different inside than any other ps4.
They aren't making a separate playatation console to only play star war games on.

If you are looking for a good Star Wars game check out the Star Wars battlefront games. Super noob friendly and thoroughly enjoyable.

A new one is slated to come out this year.

He was talking about a playatation 4 with a darth vader design on it. It's no different inside than any other ps4.
They aren't making a separate playatation console to only play star war games on.
Now don't quote me, I didn't listen to the interactive part well because to be honest, it doesn't interest me (as a "Sims" fan, I wanted Infinity so much but I have a motion sickness issue with most games these days and infinity was not a good game for that)
But, didn't Ryno mention something about some chair or gaming "station" type thing that you can sit in and play games and it was super expensive (I think he even made a remark about Dustin selling his car to get one)
I feel like that wil be the "special console" that OP was refering to, not a special play station only for SW games

Now don't quote me, I didn't listen to the interactive part well because to be honest, it doesn't interest me (as a "Sims" fan, I wanted Infinity so much but I have a motion sickness issue with most games these days and infinity was not a good game for that)
But, didn't Ryno mention something about some chair or gaming "station" type thing that you can sit in and play games and it was super expensive (I think he even made a remark about Dustin selling his car to get one)
I feel like that wil be the "special console" that OP was refering to, not a special play station only for SW games
Playstation is putting out a limited edition Darth vader ps4 console that will have two bundles. One with the new battle game and 4 old SW games. The other will have Disney Infinity 3.0 in it. The other thing Ryno mentioned was an arcade game that they were selling two home editions of. One for like $30k and the other for $100k.

Which is crazy because arcade machines don't generally cost THAT much. But maybe it moves and has motors n stuff.

NOT worth the money to own.

StarWarsBattlePod.jpg

1270562459029143471.jpg

"Namco Bandai will be making the Battle Pods available for purchase in the U.S. and Europe. The standard cabinet is US$35,000, while the premium version is $100,000. Shipping is not included, and orders start next month.

The premium Star Wars Battle Pod cabinet will set you back 12 million yen, which is around US$98,000. These are different from the ones in arcades. What’s the difference? And why’s this so expensive?

The designs—a Rebel pilot’s helmet and Darth Vader—are unique to the premium versions. The pod’s movable seats are covered with real leather, the cabinet has exclusive carpeting, and the machine comes with a specially bound owner’s manual.

Each cabinet is numbered and emblazoned with the owner’s name on a plaque. And in the game, the owner’s name appears in the credit scroll. And so, a hundred grand price tag.

You can also buy the same Star Wars Battle Pod that’s in arcades for a mere 4.6 million yen ($37,000). Instead of buying a new sedan, you can buy this!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter