My MCO Recent Budget Rental Car Experience

We book through Costco, and there’s a place on the Costco booking page to enter our FB number. Haven’t booked through any other except Budget directly.
Thanks. I never noticed on the Costco site where it would allow me to enter the FB.

So interesting that I got an email today regarding my upcoming Budget rental which has these terms below. I'm going to give Budget a CHANCE this weekend but if it looks like it's going to be an inside the terminal or a long wait...I'll use my Alamo backup.

Will try to remember to come back and report here.

Budget does not accept digital driver’s licenses for rental. Please bring a hard copy of your driver’s license at the time of rental.
Please note: A secondary form of identification may be required when picking up your vehicle. Acceptable forms of identification include passports and state-issued photo ID cards.
Identity Verification Requirements
Important Information for Orlando International Airport:
Fastbreak Service
There are three Terminals at Orlando Airport (A, B, & C).
(It is important to add your flight number to your reservation to ensure that our team can have your vehicle ready at the proper terminal, and get you on your way quickly.)

TERMINALS A & B:When you arrive in the garage, go to the Budget Fastbreak counter and look for the Budget Contract Holder by Fastbreak booth for your name and space. Your keys will be in your assigned vehicle.
If there are any questions you may proceed to the Budget Fastbreak booth otherwise you may proceed directly to your vehicle.

TERMINAL C: After collecting luggage, customers should proceed to the garage on Level 2. Visit the Customer Service Representative at the podium in the garage for assistance.

FASTBREAK RETURN: We have RETURN AVAILABLE IN ALL 3 TERMINALS: To save you time and avoid an additional 15-minute shuttle, it is very important that you return to the terminal in which your flight is departing. Follow signage for the terminal connected to your corresponding return flight. You do not need to return to the counter to complete your rental.

That was the old process. There have been mixed reports on what the current process is, but everyone has reported it's not the one sent you. Throughout the summer and into early fall everyone had to go to the counter. There have been reports recently that people have been able to get their vehicle assignment in the app and go straight out to the car just like Avis has done for quite a while.

That was the old process. There have been mixed reports on what the current process is, but everyone has reported it's not the one sent you. Throughout the summer and into early fall everyone had to go to the counter. There have been reports recently that people have been able to get their vehicle assignment in the app and go straight out to the car just like Avis has done for quite a while.

Yes I do know that's how it used to work...for almost all of the companies. I thought it was interesting that they are still sending this message. I know recent reports are that everybody has to report to the terminal which is why I have Alamo as a backup.

We rented from Budget and found no line at 4:30 pm on Monday. I was able to check that my fastbreak was set and they gave me directions to the garage. The process was simple, easy and flawless. Not a single problem with Budget and I will rent from then again.

The only thing I will add regarding fastbreak rentals is that if you change your mind and go with another company, be sure to cancel your budget reservation because they have your credit card and will charge you for an active reservation. At the time Budget sends you a text with your vehicle stall number is when they charge your card.

I booked through Costco and I did enter my fast break number…
it was my first time actually using budget, so as the reservation email explained I did had to go to the counter & I could not use the fast break counter. It was about 9 PM on a Friday night that we got to the counter. Just one or two people there, waiting…
Got to the garage, the car was Nissan rogue, I believe, but when we started it, various warning lights remained lit there….. I thought yeah, no I’m not interested in a car with any issues whatsoever so I went back inside to the counter and after about 10 minutes no problem they had another car for me. A RAV4 … Drove it 1 wk with no problems whatsoever and returned it as planned offsite to a Wyndham just below Disney.

On the day, I returned my SUV, my sister picked up a compactor car at the same location what they gave her was a Passat with the front bumper barely hanging on…. Again, no, we’re not paying to drive something looking like trash, that might have even more issues happening behind that damaged bumper.
The agent argued with us saying that there’s nothing wrong with the car & finally said they had nothing else avail could we come back in a few days time? Finally they said come back tomorrow & gteed would have something for us….. We came back the next day and they had nothing! No cars for anyone! They argued again nothing wrong with the first car …. and maybe others wouldn’t care, but we did, so again we stood firm and in a hour left with a nice Malibu.
As I say, we stood firm, I feel we were polite and friendly at all times, we did not ask for or demand any upgrades. (lol, we brought lots of MNSSHP candy for them, and even had a few chuckles), maybe that helped us!

When she returned her car at MCO a week later, it was so easy we figured we were doing it wrong!

Something else I’ll mention is that I had been checking the price on both of our rental cars quite frequently before we left on our trip. Mine didn’t change by much in the month before we went… But the day before she picked up her car. I just happened to check it online with Costco and woo hoo. It went down by about 30%!!!!!

Cha Ching!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter