My Mom is Going to Kill Me!!!

MinnieLovesMickey

Save the L-402!
Okay, now that my DM has left for the airport for DL, and is not on the Dis (she's mrsheppo) I can share my news. DH and I are heading down to DL tonight to surprise her tomorrow!

My mom wanted us to come but told her we wouldn't be able to. Later down the road, we were able to get time off from work and get a great rate on a room so we decided to go, but just not tell Mom. Of course, her not knowing, she asked me to watch her dogs while their away.:scared1: DH and I set it up so my bro and SIL would house sit and watch all of our animals.

Anyways, we will be down there for our 8th anniversary on Saturday, or as I like to call it, "Returning to the Scene of the Crime" (we got married at the Paradise Pier Hotel) and it will also be DSIS's 4th birthday the next day.

Nervous, excited, all sorts of emotions.

Still not sure how we want to surprise them. Does anyone have ideas?

Hmmm well you could always call her in the morning while shes at the hotel and make it someway that you will bump into her as you are talking! You could also tell her to go to a restaurant at a certain time and say you set a suprise for her there? You can call her and ask what ride shes in line for and shock her in the line up?

Hmmm many way to go about, i think any way you do it will be a nice suprise for her. And happy anniversary to you:)

I like the idea of finding out what line she's in and then 'bumping' into her, how fun is that? I don't think that there would be a way to set it up but how about getting her reservations for the Blue Bayou, make sure she waits for riverside seating, and then ride POTC and wave at her as you float by.

Please let us know how you finally set it up. I'd love to be in on something like that.

Eek...I hope this doesn't backfire on you....my parents would be furious if I pulled this on them, so hopefully your mom is a bit more easygoing than my 'rents. :)

I think it might be kind of fun to find out where she plans on eating breakfast and show up in the same restaurant....then wait to see if she spots you.

I would call her at the hotel the next day and ask her how she i doing and what her plan is for the day.. and she is she will tell you and get some times from her an then go to that specific place where she will be and suprise her!!!

Thanks for the responses. I like the idea of calling her at her hotel and finding out her plans for the day. I'll probably call her again when we get inside the park, you know, to annoy her while she's on vacation:laughing: find out if she's going on an attraction or something. I would love to be waiting by the exit of the ride with like a Mickey balloon or something for my sister!

That's my plan in a perfect world.:rolleyes1

How cool! You'll have to come back and update how it goes. I think your plan with the balloon sounds like a great surprise!

Hmmm well you could always call her in the morning while shes at the hotel and make it someway that you will bump into her as you are talking! You could also tell her to go to a restaurant at a certain time and say you set a suprise for her there? You can call her and ask what ride shes in line for and shock her in the line up?

Hmmm many way to go about, i think any way you do it will be a nice suprise for her. And happy anniversary to you:)

I like something just along these lines.

If she has a cell phone with her you could call and start talking about her day, what she is doing until you bump into her.

Otherwise I would make PS for breakfast or lunch and let her hotel know she has been invited to a VIP meal at such and such time and location.

As another post suggested being able to see her on a ride, that would be great. Like on JC from the Indy line or on a main street vehicle as you are walking alongside.

Whatever you do report back this sounds like a lot of fun.

OMG I highly doubt she will kill you! LOL She's going to be thrilled when she sees you guys!!! :) How fun!! :) I like the idea of finding her when she gets off a ride. :)

Sooo, when is this encounter supposed to happen. I can't wait to hear what you did and how she took it. Please keep us posted.

I'm Mom and no, I did not not kill her. She called me several times on the ruse of getting a "misplaced" phone number from me. While talking to her, she found out we were eating at Tomorrowland Terrace. She and her DH ran from Frontierland to meet us there but we had already left the area. While my DH went to the rest room, DD 4 saw Buzz Lightyear and wanted her picture taken. While waiting in line, I kept hearing someone calling DD name. Since her name is unusual, I kept thinking "Who the heck is calling my kid?' and I looked over and saw DD and DSIL standing there. It truly was a surprise and we had a great few days together.

I'm Mom and no, I did not not kill her. She called me several times on the ruse of getting a "misplaced" phone number from me. While talking to her, she found out we were eating at Tomorrowland Terrace. She and her DH ran from Frontierland to meet us there but we had already left the area. While my DH went to the rest room, DD 4 saw Buzz Lightyear and wanted her picture taken. While waiting in line, I kept hearing someone calling DD name. Since her name is unusual, I kept thinking "Who the heck is calling my kid?' and I looked over and saw DD and DSIL standing there. It truly was a surprise and we had a great few days together.

:thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Thats so awesome!! happy ya'll had a good time!

Aww that is awesome, how exciting!

Ps. Mum to 11?!??! Wowwee! :worship:

It was a blast! I can't believe we actually pulled it off. I was looking behind my shoulder making sure they didn't run into us before we run into them. I can't believe that you can't find a single balloon for sale at DL before like 3 in the afternoon! We opted for Sorcerer Mickey instead. DSIS was so cute, she wanted DH and I to do everything with her. She got to go on Gadget's GO Coaster and the Tea Cups. She was so funny as she grabbed DH and my hand to take us around everywhere and told Mom and Dad, "You can come too".:rotfl:

I knew you wouldn't kill her. :) I knew you'd love that surprise!! :) I know how you feel when people call your kids' name, I have kids' with unique names too (Cami, Cassidy, Jade) and it's very rare that people call their names. LOL

It was a blast! I can't believe we actually pulled it off. I was looking behind my shoulder making sure they didn't run into us before we run into them. I can't believe that you can't find a single balloon for sale at DL before like 3 in the afternoon! We opted for Sorcerer Mickey instead. DSIS was so cute, she wanted DH and I to do everything with her. She got to go on Gadget's GO Coaster and the Tea Cups. She was so funny as she grabbed DH and my hand to take us around everywhere and told Mom and Dad, "You can come too".:rotfl:

That's so GREAT!!!!!! :) I'm so glad you got to meet up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter