My new scrapbook room

tubachick

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Official DIS "good
Hello everyone!! :wave:

here are a few pics of my last two weekends worth of work!!! :thumbsup2

We took a storage room in the basement and turned it into my scrapbook/craft room. :love:

scrap1.jpg

This is what the room looked like when we moved in back in November. (we gutted this right away!!!)

scrap3.jpg

DH put up some more lights and outlets for me

scrap4.jpg

Up went the insullation and peg board walls. (this was the first time I used a jig saw)

scrap5.jpg

A coat of purple paint

scrap6.jpg

A few hidden mickeys stamped on the wall

scrap7.jpg

Moving my "stuff" in

scrap8.jpg

The other side of the room

Thanks for letting me share my hard work with everyone. I have Tink curtins, and my mickey attena toppers on display.

I enjoyed doing this, its the first time DH let me use his tools in the house!!!

(I think its just his way of getting the scrapbook stuff out of the diningroom!)

Thanks for letting me share!!! :teeth:

I was also going to post over on two peas, but I can't figure out how to post pictures there! :confused3 so enjoy just the same!

WOW!! VERY NICE.

I LOVE IT!

You really did a great job and made it very special because you did it yourself.

Now you need to Scrap that. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Very nice. I was days away from getting my scraproom when I discovered I was going to be having my 2 child. So goodbye scraproom hello nursery. Your room looks great. Enjoy it.

Your room looks awesome!!! DH and I moved my stuff down stairs this weekend out of our dining room.. now I have my own little area near the laundry room (which is where I spend most of my time anyway)...

mickeyfan2 said:
Very nice.

Can I ask why the pegboard walls?

the first reason is that it was inexpensive (and easy to replace if it should get damaged) and I was on a real tight budget. The second reason is for stroage and hanging supplies (which of course at the time I couldn't decide which wall to put the peg board -- so all of them got it) The other reason is since it is the basement, its a little humid and sometimes damp so its breath-able (is that a word) and the air can circulate.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

I LOVE the peg board walls! Great idea!

I always tell DH that his worst nightmare is when I learn to use his power tools....I won't need him anymore :lmao:

Your room looks FANTASTIC... :thumbsup2

tubachick said:
the first reason is that it was inexpensive (and easy to replace if it should get damaged) and I was on a real tight budget. The second reason is for stroage and hanging supplies (which of course at the time I couldn't decide which wall to put the peg board -- so all of them got it) The other reason is since it is the basement, its a little humid and sometimes damp so its breath-able (is that a word) and the air can circulate.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.
Thank you for the explanation. When I saw the earlier pictures I figured you were going to hang from it, but then you put in the bookshelves, so I just wondered why at that point.

I love it. What a great room. Have fun playing in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tubachick said:
Hello everyone!! :wave:

here are a few pics of my last two weekends worth of work!!! :thumbsup2

We took a storage room in the basement and turned it into my scrapbook/craft room. :love:

scrap1.jpg

This is what the room looked like when we moved in back in November. (we gutted this right away!!!)

scrap3.jpg

DH put up some more lights and outlets for me

scrap4.jpg

Up went the insullation and peg board walls. (this was the first time I used a jig saw)

scrap5.jpg

A coat of purple paint

scrap6.jpg

A few hidden mickeys stamped on the wall

scrap7.jpg

Moving my "stuff" in

scrap8.jpg

The other side of the room

Thanks for letting me share my hard work with everyone. I have Tink curtins, and my mickey attena toppers on display.

I enjoyed doing this, its the first time DH let me use his tools in the house!!!

(I think its just his way of getting the scrapbook stuff out of the diningroom!)

Thanks for letting me share!!! :teeth:

I was also going to post over on two peas, but I can't figure out how to post pictures there! :confused3 so enjoy just the same!

Unbelievable! I'm going to print your pics and use them to motivate me to clean my basement. Not for a scrapbooking area, just to have a space like that as my own!!!!

Great job!!

What a beautiful transformation!! I hope you have many happy hours creating in your space! :)

tmt martins said:
Great use of space and materials.

looks like I used the same purple and green that you used in your tink room ;)

thanks

tubachick said:
looks like I used the same purple and green that you used in your tink room ;)

thanks

The stencil looks familar as well and the green curtian is the same we just added not to long ago.

I just bought DD the Mickey scrapbook rolling carrier I hope thats all the space she needs for now .That and the 3 tubs of paper and stuff.

I'm under 40 days she can't wait to get to the Art Of Disney as soon as we hit SSR and walk over.

GREAT idea using pegboard --- for all the reasons given. I move stuff around so often that I should have pegboard on all my walls. :teeth:

Love the space & colors. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter