My Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing about the internet. Even if he "nukes" the site, the information is out there already and screenshots exist for the sake of posterity. The "other" site has already taken several screenshots from here and shared them there.

The best path forward for this company is acknowledgment of what happened, making it right (which, if it went to court would include settlements, most likely), and taking steps to do better and make changes going forward to prevent this type of thing from ever happening again.
I get that. However, that other site has credibility issues certainly compared to here. Disney the company does not want this story hanging around a Disney specific forum. Of course nothing is forgotten on the internet but making it harder to find and keeping the algo down as much as possible helps especially since no mainstream media has caught on yet.

Not saying what they are doing and want to do is right and I agree with your path forward but we do not know all the facts especially what the DIS and DUT’s already knew and their internal concerns. John needs to ensure his company survives and do whatever it takes. They have the SA and the Amex lawsuit at the same time as trying to divest Pete which will strain their budget.

Again I support Dustin and Sean (and the others that have spoken up), but from a business perspective, following a lawyer’s advice and saying as little as possible is the right thing.

I get that. However, that other site has credibility issues certainly compared to here. Disney the company does not want this story hanging around a Disney specific forum. Of course nothing is forgotten on the internet but making it harder to find and keeping the algo down as much as possible helps especially since no mainstream media has caught on yet.

Not saying what they are doing and want to do is right and I agree with your path forward but we do not know all the facts especially what the DIS and DUT’s already knew and their internal concerns. John needs to ensure his company survives and do whatever it takes. They have the SA and the Amex lawsuit at the same time as trying to divest Pete which will strain their budget.

Again I support Dustin and Sean (and the others that have spoken up), but from a business perspective, following a lawyer’s advice and saying as little as possible is the right thing.
I support Dustin and Sean too but IMO the business side I could careless at this point. As Dustin himself said, we need to keep talking about this. Judging from the different threads many seemed to have moved back to their bubble that many here live in.

I support Dustin and Sean too but IMO the business side I could careless at this point. As Dustin himself said, we need to keep talking about this. Judging from the different threads many seemed to have moved back to their bubble that many here live in.

Personally I was late to seeing all of this, and given the multiple accusations and legal issues, the lack of coverage in the Disney influencer/blogger/personality space is unbelievably mind boggling. Given how petty and childish a fair amount of the Disney blogger space is, and how they almost salivate for a bit of dirt on another.....this is nuclear level dirt.

It's sad to see that when something this serious and intense is what is on the table, very few people are speaking out in support of those who are blowing the lid off off over a decade of abuse. Speaks volumes to how this section of the "community" isn't a community at all when things get real.

Last edited:

Personally I was late to seeing all of this, and given the multiple accusations and legal issues, the lack of coverage in the Disney influencer/blogger/personality space is unbelievably mind boggling. Given how petty and childish a fair amount of the Disney blogger space is, and how they almost salivate for a bit of dirt on another.....this is nuclear level dirt.

It's sad to see that when something this serious and intense is what is on the table, very few people are speaking out in support of those who are blowing the lid off off over a decade of abuse. Speaks volumes to how this section of the "community" isn't a community at all when things get real.

They all know how rotten Pete is. But they won't publicly say anything because they are afraid of him and want to protect their own "brands." But also, a lot of them are also terrible people.

The influencer game is ruthlessly self centered.

Summary of Dreams/The Dis Official Statement

Dreams: I state my regret.

Boards: You couldn't have memorized that?

Dreams: I could not, because I do not feel it.

[Dreams: If you all could sign this acknowledgment of my statement, we can all move on.]

I imagine some/many will get the reference, but I've had it in my head ever since reading this statement last week.

[Dreams: If you all could sign this acknowledgment of my statement, we can all move on.]

I imagine some/many will get the reference, but I've had it in my head ever since reading this statement last week.
A “Golden Ticket” contribution if I ever saw one!

Well now I can’t unsee that, thank you.

I keep searching other Disney bloggers and podcasts to see if anyone is saying anything and it’s crickets! I’m shocked by the lack of response. You are 100% correct.

Probably best you hire a PR position to write future statements. Making yourself the victim of online anger when there’s people victims of physical, mental and emotional assault by your company is really poor taste.

I always had high regard for you but jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter