My Ohana Experience

I expect to pay more. But nothing is good enough to justify how MUCH more now. $100 with tax/ tip for 2 people is high for what Ohana offers. Now it’s more like $150 and that’s WAY out of whack for what you get.

I would disagree. I think places are just going through the good-bad cycles a lot of Disney. One example for me is that I think Chefs du France has gotten a lot better recently. Be Our Guest has gone through two full cycles already: great when it launched, then the food went downhill, then the prix fixe menu came out and it was great again, now that menu has gotten worse.

Ohana may be a little worse off because it is so popular that they'll never have trouble filling tables, but it's gone between good and bad before.
Is Chefs really improved? I had it on my November list, but I cut it due to awful reviews. If it’s much better, I may want to put it on my list for my May trip. Thanks!

Is Chefs really improved? I had it on my November list, but I cut it due to awful reviews. If it’s much better, I may want to put it on my list for my May trip. Thanks!
I thought it was great. My only guess is that people are giving it worse reviews because the prices went up when it reopened, but I think the food quality is there.

I thought it was great. My only guess is that people are giving it worse reviews because the prices went up when it reopened, but I think the food quality is there.
It sure is beautiful ..lf the food could match, that’s a wonderful restaurant

We have always loved O'Hana and ignore the few things we don't care for. Also, for those that say the 'courses' come too fast - that's always the way it's supposed to be served - Family Style - not 'courses'. Every Family style restaurant serves the same way.

Ack! We have resy there soon and I'm a tad nervous about it seeing so many reviews about it are just "okay" "meh"! We love Ohana and it holds a special place in our hearts for a few personal reasons. If our experience isn't good this time, then it might no longer be a "must" for us every trip. 🤞 that it's still good for us.

Ack! We have resy there soon and I'm a tad nervous about it seeing so many reviews about it are just "okay" "meh"! We love Ohana and it holds a special place in our hearts for a few personal reasons. If our experience isn't good this time, then it might no longer be a "must" for us every trip. 🤞 that it's still good for us.
What's good to some, is terrible to others. Don't let what any of us have to say scare you. We all have different likes and dislikes.

Personally, I find most of the rides at WDW to be extremely boring but I never went to WDW until I was an adult so there's no childhood memories attached to the rides. I love the shows, parades, and overall atmosphere and I hate saving money, that's why I love going to WDW.

That doesn't mean that the rides are bad, they're just not for me.

The memories you have tied to something can make all the difference.

I hope everything exceeds your expectations and you have a truly magical experience!

Its not bad. Just not as good as it use to be if you have a frame of reference for its quality in the past. There was already a step down in quality pre-pandemic, and its even a tad worse after reopening. Like PP said, everyone has a different level of expectation.

What's good to some, is terrible to others. Don't let what any of us have to say scare you. We all have different likes and dislikes.

Personally, I find most of the rides at WDW to be extremely boring but I never went to WDW until I was an adult so there's no childhood memories attached to the rides. I love the shows, parades, and overall atmosphere and I hate saving money, that's why I love going to WDW.

That doesn't mean that the rides are bad, they're just not for me.

The memories you have tied to something can make all the difference.

I hope everything exceeds your expectations and you have a truly magical experience!

Thank you! Great point though! 👍
It's very true that WDW in general holds a very special place in our hearts. However, we love food too much to pay the premium price if it's not good, especially if it doesn't even hit the satisfactory level, then that's when we will let it goooooo! LOL! 🤣

Its not bad. Just not as good as it use to be if you have a frame of reference for its quality in the past. There was already a step down in quality pre-pandemic, and its even a tad worse after reopening. Like PP said, everyone has a different level of expectation.
We have been going there since early 2000 and it was the time when they still came around with meats on the big skewers serving them Brazilian style. Back then, it was so good! When they stopped doing there, it was already a tad disappointed, but the food was still decent (and I agree that it was already a step down in quality pre-pandemic). Now it's not like we've been there a gazillion times, only a couple handful of times and last time we went in 2021, it was still good to us.

If it really doesn't hit that magic button for us anymore, it's okay....like all things in life, they change! We'll just have to find our new special place then!

We have been going there since early 2000 and it was the time when they still came around with meats on the big skewers serving them Brazilian style. Back then, it was so good! When they stopped doing there, it was already a tad disappointed, but the food was still decent (and I agree that it was already a step down in quality pre-pandemic). Now it's not like we've been there a gazillion times, only a couple handful of times and last time we went in 2021, it was still good to us.

If it really doesn't hit that magic button for us anymore, it's okay....like all things in life, they change! We'll just have to find our new special place then!

We go for breakfast these days. Characters + breakfast food its much more forgiving.

We skipped Ohana on our last trip. Usually a must do for us, but it had just reopened (this was July 2021) and off to a rough start from what I was reading. Food & Wine started the day of our reservation (also our last night), which we’ve never been able to do, so we chose to hit that instead.

Ohana dinner is a pass. Ohana breakfast, totally different story. 100% recommend breakfast, last time we went they sat us right by the window front and center with the castle. Food was excellent, especially for me - 1st time I had been able to eat delicious donuts in ages (gluten free).

Last edited:
We still go, although it's nothing like it was in the old days. Mainly we just make a meal out of salad, noodles and bread. :laughing: None of us are big meat eater anyway except my son, he eats the meats even though they aren't very good. It's just all about the atmosphere and nostalgia for me.

It's sad what this place has become, another victim of Disney greed. Cutting quality while raising prices is what Disney specializes in now. For anyone who didn't get to visit this place 18-20....or more years ago, you missed out. One night I ate 65 shrimp, that's how good they were lol. The last time I ate there I couldn't eat 2, that's how bad they've become. They stopped serving the meats on skewers, that was the main attraction of the place, that's what made this restaurant!! It's like going to the Magic Kingdom and the castle not being there. What are they thinking?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter