My Pants are too Dangerous...!

Therinian

My pants are too dangerous!
...and other strange things your kids have said.

Friday morning, my 3 year old son, "Bug", helped me with the laundry; I took the wet clothes from the washer, handed them one by one to him (a tedious task, yes, but he loves to help) and he threw them into the dryer. We came upon one of my bras:

ME: Hold on; I want to hook it together so it doesn't snag onto a towel.

BUG: Oh, is that a thing for your [HooHoos]?

ME: Yes, it's for my [HooHoos]. *hooks it and hands it over* Now put it in the dryer.

BUG: (holding like a dead rat) Ew! It's a girl thing!

Still, he threw it into the dryer....

What are some funny things your kids have said/done lately?

We still laugh about our son coming out of his bedroom one morning when he was about 10 and telling us "I bored myself awake." :confused3 :lmao:

We have outdoor dogs. They are labs but, it has been so cold here we let them in for a few days. Anyway they are good dogs.

So DS3 lets them in and the dogs are all excited and start sniffing everything. A few minutes later I hear him laughing. He is following the dogs around saying, "Pepper, lemme smell your tail. Lemme smell your tail."

She had goosed him with her nose. So he wanted to goose her back.

I have been known to sleepwalk and talk in my sleep. Once when I was really young (about 4 or 5), I had fallen asleep in my parents' bed with my mom, and when my dad came in to bring me to my own bed, I told him it wasn't yellow yet. Looking back, I think that I was half awake and meant that it wasn't morning yet (yellow=sun) and why was he taking me out of bed!

I was soaking my foot in a tub of warm water to make it earier to get the stinger out of my foot. My 2.5 year old daughter, Molly, comes in and we start talking:

Molly: Mom what are you doing?
Mom: Remember how I tell you that you should ALWAYS have your shoes on when you go outside?
Molly: Yes Mommy
Mom: Well I wasn't wearing my shoes and I went next door to see our neighbor and I stepped on a bee.
Molly: Well, Mommy that's ok one time I stepped on a L

She is now 10 and we still ask her if she has stepped on any Ls lately. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One day when DD was around seven or so, she told me she was going to play outside in our fenced in back yard. A few moments later I saw her start up the stairs.

I asked her why she was going upstairs when she had said she was going out. She got a puzzled look on her face and replied, " Oh, I must have misunderstood myself!".

We still ask her if she has misunderstood herself lately.

Penny

Ds, 7, and dd, 6, regularly fight over ridiculous things (made up games with ever changing rules, who is touching who, you get the picture). a few months ago, however, I had to mediate the most ridiculous one ever. The screeching reached a head when DS yelled to DD "Werewolves are TO scared of antiques!". I said "Werewolves are not scared of antiques! Werewolves aren't even real!".

We went to see a movie today (The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything) with DS - his first movie in the theater, he'll be three next month. He got scared during one part and DH was telling him "Oh, those things aren't scary! They are silly, see?"

To which DS replied "Daddy! I'm scared silly!!!"

Yeah, we think he's cute. :)

When my oldest Goddaughter was a toddler she loved mushrooms any way you presented them, and she would fight the rest of us for broccoli. It seemed like overnight she suddenly decided she just didn't like either. My Dad questioned her (she is also my niece), at a family dinner one Sunday, about when she stopped liking these things, she looked at him and in all seriousness said "I think it was a Tuesday Papa."

My DD is scared of spiders. There was one in the kitchen this morning and she refused to go in there. So her big brother carries the cat into the kitchen telling his sister that the cat would eat the spider.

(sidenote - the cat DOES eat spiders)

So, the spider ran away, or the cat ate it and DS was insisting that the cat ate the spider. DD was skeptical and DS said...

"Well - check her breath!!"

DD's reply "I don't even know what spider breath smells like!"

Not so much a "Cute" thing, but strange so I thought I would share:

When my DD was around 3-4 we were driving across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel and she randomly said to me:

"Mommy, when I was a man in the army I crashed my "totappor" (that was how she said Motorcycle) on a bridge like this." :eek:

Very very strange. After that she would occasionally talk about when she was "in the army" or "her other Mommy" etc... I wish I had recorded it now.

She is 17 now and I recently asked her about it. She said she does not remember.

When my son was about 5, I had a dental appt. He wanted to go and I explained to him that he couldn't. (You can't watch a 5-year old from the dentist's chair). He kept insisting and said he wanted to see the dentist. So I told him that the doctor had enough PATIENTS that day. He said mommy, I have PATIENCE, I can go.

He's 22 now and we still ask him if he has PATIENCE.

I'm not a parent, but...

I was visiting family in New Jersey, and we were eating dinner at the country club near their house. I walked to the bathroom with my cousin (about 8 at the time). It was a very nice bathroom, with different soaps and lotions, as well as feminine supplies in a little basket on the end of the counter.

As we're leaving, my cousin picks up a tampon and says "You know, I never really got what tampons are for." LOL my response was "go ask your mom." She was being goofy and asking me for the answer again, but left to go back to the table. Another woman came out of a stall and we started laughing pretty loudly together.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter