• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My recent visit...

volvo99

Earning My Ears
I recently visited the MK, mainly to take part in "Walking in Walt's Footstep's" tour. My GF is a CM at DD, and since this was a workday for her, it was a goodway to kill time while she was working. My experiences with that are covered in another thread.

I did make use of some time before the tour to wander the MK and view it, as I've not really seen the whole park since several years. Even though my GF works there, we tend to walk to a few spots between the MK and CA and have dinner at CA, not really spending time in line for a ride or show.

It is obvious that the part is in the middle of a vast rehab. So many important attractions, like the castle, Space Mountain, Tiki Room, It's a Small World, and the Matterhorn are either going under seasonal work or preparing for next years' festivities that one can feel as if there is little to do. Tomorrowland especially feels in flux, with the incomplete retro facelift of a few years ago contrasting with the old-is-new-again look of Space Mountain. Nearby, a yellow sub, the Seawolf, I belief, sits derelict under a monorail track.

It seems only Main Street and New Orleans Square, especially with its decorations, appear fresh and inviting anymore.
Hopefully 2005 brings a better appearance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter