My review of Lilo and Stitch

The recent lousy movies is what is bringing disney down, these "changes" people talk about are some, not all of the problem. If people didn't want to see the fairy tale type movies then why are the the highest grossing disney films ever. ( I wish I knew how to take other peoples quotes and put them in my post) I personally liked Lilo & Stitch but I just believe to many "new things" as far as movie concepts, just leads to more bad movies. I believe disney's record over the last few years with animation somewhat proves my point.

I have not seen the movie myself....I just passed on what a friend said. And after I do see it...I might very well agree with you on if it deserved "G" rating vs "PG". :D

Let's remember when "Snow White", "Bambi", "Fox and the Hound", etc came out! There were no ratings back then like there are today. I think quite possibly "Snow White" would have gotten a "PG". But who knows???:confused:
There are many reasons that they put the "PG" rating on a movie. It doesn't have to be just scary!.....they will do it for just one objectional word. Dinosaur got the PG because of the meteor scene being too intense....
Has anyone read why they made this PG???

I am glad to hear that everyone thinks this movie has a "reality" to it!!! :D It is a good thing!!

I LOVED the movie... I have been waiting so long for it to come out and I was NOT disappointed. I did not go with kids, nor do I have any of my own, but I do work in a daycare and the way Lilo acted towards that girl who she bit...was totally true of some children. I have dealt with alot of biters in my center, and most bite because they are frustrated and don't know how to put their feelings into words, and Lilo was at this point---she was late for the dancing, the got picked on etc etc. I would Pay to see this movie again (which is odd, because I never do). I also think the kids in my daycare would love it as well (they are 3/4 years old).

cindyfan - "Lilo and Stitch" has a PG rating due to 'mild sci fi action.' It is true that it does have 'mild sci fi action,' but I still think that it is on the borderline of the G/PG rating. I think it could have gone either way really.

BTW, 'L&S' came $1.1 million from being in first place this week. According to studio estimates, 'Minority Report' came in at $36.9 million and 'L&S' raked in $35.8 million. That's super in my book.

RyMickey

Liam, if Fairy Tales are what it takes, then why did Lion King do so well? It isn't a fairy tale and at worst was taken from a modern Japanese story, at best it was written by Disney.

Or 101 Dalmations, or Bambi, or Dumbo?

Disney makes up its own stories all the time and Dumbo was fairly contemporary for the time it was made.

I put it to you that Lilo and Stitch will become timeless much like the other movies mentioned.

I was using the term "fairy tale" because another person posting had a comment about how it was good not to see a fairy tale like movie. I think the person who posted this would think that Dumbo, 101, and the others you mentioned had "fairy tale" qualities. Also, I liked L&S, and think I may still be upset with Atlantis, not the worst movie I had ever seen, but who takes their kids to see a disney movie and is happy about it turning into a story of mercinaries who want to kill an entire civilization. Remember, we are taking are children to enjoy these movies and get away from many of lifes horrors. I live in NY and my children have seen enough reality to last decades. What I expect from disney is Fantasy, not reality.

Lilo & Stitch make you howl with laughter ad cry in their sadness. Some parts may be inappropriate if you're trying to raise your kids in a sterile world bu this movie is about a boken family fighting for existence with the help of a goofy alien.

L&S never stoop to the gutteral lows of Drek and offer complete unabashed entertainment.

I think Horizons Fan and Yoho sum it up. This is an instant classic, the best thing since ion King!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Well, just got back:D
My 11yo DD and I did really like the movie alot. We were not screaming with laughter, nor were we in tears, but we liked it. It was sad in parts, and we left with a good feeling about Lilo and Stitch finding their family. It did have warm fuzzies that we expect from a Disney film.
I absolutely LOVED the animation. The scenes of Hawaii are beautiful.
BUT.......and I may get flamed by those of you who think it is "the best thing since........"......I just don't see where it will become an instant classic!!??:confused:

There seemed to alot missing.
It was a good while into the film before we could figure out what the deal was with these aliens!!! :confused:
Were they good, bad or just exist!!??
There definitely was no good vs bad. Just alot of identity confusion.
And Stitch was just obnoxious and unlikable right from the start! It wasn't until very late in the movie that you started to see he had a good side.
My DD really felt for Lilo and instantly fell in love with her. But as for Stitch.....Just missing something there!

I do however agree with the PG rating....sorry folks, but the violence and Stitch's display of agression was what did it IMHO.
After seeing it, I had no real objection to the "bite scene". You can understand the frustration Lilo feels!!!

DD and I both like this alot more than alot of recent Disney flicks. But doesn't come anywhere near Lion King or Mulan, or Tarzan even. IMHO!:D

No flames, but as you know I disagree. As I said elsewhere this made me feel like I did as kid watching Bambi.

I don't feel the pg rating was warranted either as my children certainly know 'biting' etc. isn't proper, but they also already know that some people do behave this way and in the context of the film we all thought it very funny.

You thought a lot was missing and I don't see it. One of my main criteria for how well I like a movie is how fast the time goes, am I looking at my watch or wondeing what's next...This movie flew...It seemed about 20 minutes long to me (vs. Shrek which seemed like 3 days, IMO).

Oh well, different strokes...I KNOW we'll be getting this one for home viewing!!!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter