My Senior Trip :D! (POFQ, 4/26 - 5/2)

mayora13

Abby
Where we're staying: POFQ
When we'll be there: 4/26 - 5/2 (5 days, 6 nights)

Hello~ Welcome to my Pre-Trip report.
This is my first one ever, so im a bit nervous. D:
So the title is a bit boring, but thats okay, right? I didnt want anything to fancy-sounding. >_>
I enjoy writing, and i love love love reading other people's trip reports..
so naturally, ive always wanted to write one myself.
Anyway, I've always liked the idea of introducing everyone who will be going on the trip, so i'll do that to start this off. ^o^

Cast

so, who is going on this trip? that would be me, my mom, my dad, my brother, my sister, my grandmother, and my best friend. however, this trip report will mostly be revolved around me, my friend, and my sister.. since we planned our own trip, and wont always be in the same place as the rest of my family. Now, to introduce everyone (font color = favorite color of the person in question ^~^)

~

Firstly, Ill introduce myself: my name is Abby, I'm 18, and this will count as my senior trip. I had the option of going anywhere I wanted, and of course, I chose disney.. despite the fact that ive gone every single year since i was born, i have yet to grow tired of it. i highly doubt i will. Ive loved disney since i was little, since my disney-crazed family pretty much conditioned me to. (and thats okay, im glad they did.) here i am wearing a stitch shirt, which you cant see well:

gjeqJA.jpg

and heres me again:

8VuO8z.jpg

im a bit awkward with selfies.. i like taking pictures, not posing for them. >_>
  • Things I'm interested in: anime, drawing, traveling, writing, and disney (which should be rather obvious >_>)
  • My favorite park: Epcot, because its the closest thing i have to traveling around the world. Some of my favorite rides are there, and I find the variety of things to eat exciting~ (PLUS, theres anime merch in Japan, so thats great.) Magic Kingdom is a close second.
  • What im looking forward to this trip: Going to Diagon Alley in Universal. <3 Bubble tea in Epcot for the flower and Garden festival.. Mmm. Also, riding my favorite rides, of course.. And buying souvenirs at Japan in the World Showcase. Not to mention, all the eating. Im pretty much excited for everything.
~

Joining me will be my sister, Lindsey. Shes 21, and is currently a student at Brenau University. (She hasnt been in like 4 years, and im excited for her to see New Fantasyland ;w;!! especially belles castle)
WTz6SH.jpg

lindsey looking indie as heck
4TgSJJ.jpg

lindsey being a wes anderson nerd
  • Interests: film, anime, doing origami and drawing, old rock music, and drinking tea
  • Favorite Park: Epcot
  • What she looks forward to on this trip: (in her words) "I look forward to seeing the new Fantasyland, Hogwarts/Diagon Alley in Universal, and generally just being in Orlando after 4 years of missing it. Also Dole Whip and all of the new drinks/food in the World Showcase."
~

Now, to introduce my best friend, Jordan.. Shes 18, same as me. ^o^ Weve known each other since we were like.. 8? Who knows, its been forever. Her words: "My name is Jordan and I'm 18 years old. I am going to Disney World with my best friend and her family. I love them to death and can't wait to go."

50Wiv3.jpg

jordan looking artsy (feat. nail polish rose)
JJC0Uu.jpg

jordan when she had red hair, on a previous trip with us ^o^ (wearing a shirt i wish i had..)
  • Interests: "My interests include listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with friends"
  • Favorite park: "My favorite park is Epcot because I love going to the world showcase. Magic Kingdom is my second."
  • What she looks forward to during this trip: "I'm looking forward to eating a lot of food. Lol I love food. I'm also looking forward to seeing my friend go on the rockin roller coaster for the first time! Disney is really a magical place and makes me so happy. I'm looking forward to everything."
~

Here are a few pictures of my family, who we will be eating with several times, and occasionally meeting up with. We have a separate room from them, but its right next to ours. ^o^

5jFKKa.jpg

my mom (anna, 45), and my brother (tyler, 12) tailgating at an ole miss game
I0pltH.jpg

my grandmother (nana/betts, 65) and my mom at the garden grill
kfGZJF.jpg

my brother and my dad (kelly, 46) (not sure where they are in this pic)

In the next few posts, I'll talk about my plans for each day~

Hope you guys enjoy ;;^_^ *nerves*

Last edited:
Our Magic Bands!

from left to right: lindseys, mine, jordans (all three were decorated by lindsey)

xfrRAZ.jpg

left: my dads (decorated by my mom) right: my brothers (decorated by my grandmother)

V3AWLw.jpg

left: grandmothers
right: moms
(decorated by themselves)

05kxIl.jpg

FOLLOWING, because you seem like a really fun person

Ya'll are so pretty what the heck????

@ THE ONE MAGICBAND NAMED "noob" LMAOOOOOO THERE ARE TEARS IN MY EYES

your whole family is so talented what the heck i wish i was talented enough to paint my magicband

Cute magic bands! Love how you guys decorated them. :)
thanks a lot! actually, my sister did them, so i cant say thanks. cx funny story- i tried decorating mine and failed so badly that i ended up scraping it off and letting my sister do it. xD

FOLLOWING, because you seem like a really fun person

Ya'll are so pretty what the heck????

@ THE ONE MAGICBAND NAMED "noob" LMAOOOOOO THERE ARE TEARS IN MY EYES

your whole family is so talented what the heck i wish i was talented enough to paint my magicband
aah, thanks so much <3
yeah, we couldn't exactly figure out what to call her so we just decided on noob, since i call her that a lot. LOL.

PLANS

First things first, we have to actually GET there. And heres how: were leaving at 5 am on April the 26th (thats tomorrow, or the next day.. depending on what you consider to be 'night time') Were taking two cars to get there, and Im probbbablyy going to fall asleep in the car.

I've packed basically everything essential, like clothes and such.. All I need to do is pack things to keep me occupied on the drive to Disney.. And to keep me from dissolving into a puddle of tears on the way back. So yeah. Heres my list of what I plan to bring:

• My art bag, which consists of pencils, pens, copic markers, and notebooks ^0^
  • My Listography book, and other books i can write in
  • My 3DS, with SSB4, animal crossing, and other games
  • A pillow and blanket (theres something comforting about sleeping in a car)
Obviously, Ill bring my phone as well- which I'll probably use most of the time. I'm addicted to this app called ZOOKEEPER BATTLE. cx i get really competitive playing it..

Since were getting there early, we'll probably hang around at downtown disney or go mini-golfing or something until we can check in, and then well unpack and mess around until its time to head for our first reservation- 'Ohana. <3 (im super excited about this one, and also kinda scared.. Ive been a few times before, and i always eat way too much.) 'Ohana will be a family meal, basically meaning that our whole part is gonna eat together instead of just the 3 of us girls.

DAY 1

~Magic Kingdom~

I think this is a good way to start out a trip. u w u.
Were going to try and get there at rope drop. Weve never done that before- so im not sure how that will go. For lunch, were going to Be Our Guest, and dinner will be at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

DAY 2

~HS/AK~

Were going to spend the first part of the day in Hollywood Studios, and then head to Animal Kingdom. My sister will probably stay at HS, since she doesnt like AK that much. We dont have reservations for this day, but we plan to to back to the room and eat at the food court or something, then go swimming if its not too late. n_n

DAY 3

~Universal Studios~

Im mostly just going for the Harry Potter stuff. Ive been before, but not to Diagon Alley. Im so excited for it. I may get something Hufflepuff-y, to represent.. But I remember everything being so expensive. I cant wait to get more butterbeer (hot is best) and go on the rides. ^O^ For food, ive got no idea what were eating that day. Winging it.

DAY 4

~Epcot!!~

My favorite! Ahh, I cant wait for this one. For lunch, were planning to eat at Seasons (yum) for lunch. We have reservations for Tokyo Dining that night, and although its not necessary, the three of us are getting kinda dressed up for it for fun.

DAY 5

~Epcot/Magic Kingdom~

Last park day.. Which is upsetting. Im not looking forward to leaving, but I know this will be a good day. Were spending the day in Epcot, eating fish + chips in Britain, and doing some stuff we didnt get to do. Then well spend night-time in MK until our Cape May reservations (;-; mmm).. Well probably go back to the park after that, since (i think) MK closes super late that night.

~

After that, we leave.. :c I know, its upsetting. Lets not talk about it.

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
I'm also a Hufflepuff.
*high five* :3 yay~ hi, fellow hufflepuff.

our trip is great so far, aside from me being sick for half of it (it wasn't bad during the day)

how do I switch over to the Trip Reports Board when I get ready to start it? ;3;?!

My guess is that you'd PM the PTR or TR mod & request to have the thread moved.

Hi,
You are officially moved and I am pretty sure you are home. I'll cry with you if it makes you feel better. Know the feeling too well.

Hi,
You are officially moved and I am pretty sure you are home. I'll cry with you if it makes you feel better. Know the feeling too well.
I am home :( I'm missing it, but I am pretty excited to write about it. which I'll be doing tomorrow ~

gvbhnjklkgj

So, I'm home... I'm surprisingly alright with it, but I'm already looking forward to going again. (Who knows when) Hopefully ill do some of the stuff i forgot to do/couldnt do this time.
Oh, and sorry i took so long to get started. I tend to do that.

Lets go~

Getting there

so, the night before we left, me and jordan got absolutely no rest. i think i took a 10 minute nap, and thats it. We stayed up until like 1 am, then got in bed and rolled around for ages trying to fall asleep. and yeah, well.. we didnt. when it got to be around 4:00 am, everyone started getting up and ready to go. we finally got packed and in the car at about 5:30 am

we travelled in two separate cars. it went like this:

~my mom, my dad, and my brother in one car
~my grandmother, me, my sister, and my friend in the other
when my dad opened the glove compartment in his car, a wasp flew out and everyone freaked out.
i wish i couldve been there. x)

The ride there was really nice. Towards the beginning, it was still dark and very pretty outside.

Im in love with night-time, you must know that. I think everything is much prettier when its dark outside. (including disney world. Especially disney world.)
All the streetlights were making me kinda sleepy and really excited at the same time. (cause streetlights are exciting, of course.) Instead of doing the healthy thing, we stopped at Mcdonalds, and I got a mocha to replace the sleep I was not going to be getting. Also, hashbrowns. Hashbrowns are my everything.

I forgot to mention earlier, my mom had put together a basket of cheap fun stuff for us (because she knows im a 10 year old inside) which included some Japanese rice candy, yan-yan, bubbles, and a barbie coloring book. ;^__^ Lindsey and Jordan got pretty much the same things as I did. no shame, i had fun with it. I take coloring very seriously.

15hbazb.jpg

a masterpeice is born.

Most of the car ride was spent looking out the window while listening to Spotify, coloring, or taking naps. I drew a bit, but not very much. I always do this thing where I take 100,000,000 different things to do (because im indecisive) and then I end up doing 3 of those things. Yeah, that happened again. Because I love pictures, Im about to post a lot of them from our little stops on the way. Prepare yourself. Ill be doing this a lot.

24wc93l.jpg

IT BREWS WHATEVER KINDA COFFEE YOU CHOOSE (but its pretty tasteless)

2myuc87.jpg

so theres that
30hsdnd.jpg

a wild jordan appears
6i43tc.jpg

lindsey became the sun, somehow
bgu5j7.jpg

tyler being rad at steak and shake
2crmrza.jpg

my wonderful tsum tsum~

I cant remember anything else about the trip there. Honestly, it didnt seem long. I was probably asleep 3/4 of the time.

My next post.. 'Arrival' ^ __^

Last edited:
im not digging the format of my TR. I wish it werent so spread out, and more squished together..
Anyone have an idea how to fix that ?

i guess my first trip report isnt going too well.
i had issues uploading images, and my dad took the computer for a few days, on a work trip- so i couldnt work on it.
ill be making my next post now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter