• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My skin hurts **update it's shingles

mrsstats79

Mouseketeer
My skin hurts. I have no rash. Can't see anything wrong with my skin. Not dry. It just hurts to the touch. No allover but on my arm and on my back. Anyone have this happen to them?

You're probably coming down with the flu or covid. It's a hallmark viral symptom.

Either that or you are having a nerve issue in your neck/cervical vertebrae. A pinched nerve can cause skin sensitivity.

Final possibility is you might be about to get shingles. Sometimes that is the initial symptom before the rash appears.

My skin hurts. I have no rash. Can't see anything wrong with my skin. Not dry. It just hurts to the touch. No allover but on my arm and on my back. Anyone have this happen to them?
I usually happens to me when I’m getting sick. I hope you aren’t coming down wth the flu.

Shingles was my first thought also. Something else, I am allergic to most of my clothes. I will often have pain before a rash comes up within a few days after I have worn something that is irritating.

I've never heard of a shingles outbreak on arms (although maybe it can happen), but there is definitely a nerve band around the back/under the ribs that is a common location. :( Here's hoping that's not what you have, OP.

How old are you? I was thinking shingles too.
I've had it twice - once in my twenties and again in my sixties. Age isn't really a factor.
I've never heard of a shingles outbreak on arms (although maybe it can happen
Both my 'events' were on my left arm. The virus hides in the spinal column and affects the nerves leading out from whichever place it is active. (In very simple terms :-) )

My second attack I spotted (or at least suspected) the early symptoms and got to the doc pronto. He have me some pills which if given early enough significantly mitigate the effects, which was good.

Actually, I've had that occasionally. Seems to go away in a day or two. I always sort of assumed it was related to some other pain or ache that inflames the nerves. Just monitor it and if it worsens or doesn't go away in the next couple of days, check in with a doctor.

Wishing you well, mrsstats79 (and without the 79 also).
Hope it’s not shingles. My husband is suffering terribly with them right now.
And wishing your husband a quick, complete recovery, kymom.

Call the doctor to find out what is the cause. I have Allodynia and when it flares, it feels like my entire body is bruised, that's how much my skin hurts.

I've never heard of a shingles outbreak on arms (although maybe it can happen), but there is definitely a nerve band around the back/under the ribs that is a common location. :( Here's hoping that's not what you have, OP.

You can have a shingles outbreak literally anywhere on your body, even in your eyes. It follows nerve pathways which are all over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter